Photo

Fire/Flame 7" Alternative as of Jan/Feb 2013 ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 electroid

electroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

So ,I'm thinking of getting something else in the 7" range as the battery %on my Fire jumps all over the place, light bleed issues and the popcorn issue looks like it will never be solved as Ainol move on and leave their prototypes/work in progress in the dust.

Is there anything in the same price range that is better now than Ainol ?
I picked up the Venus yesterday in a place and the case creaked and groaned........looked at Hero, then read it has an earphone socket issue with non-stock plugs.

I really,really want to love Ainol as the underdog tab but their ROMs and hardware QC is a work in progress.

#2 electroid

electroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Really nothing better than Ainol...Cube etc ?

#3 domenicocortez

domenicocortez

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

My Ainol Elf 2 was a really good device, stable, easy to flash, great built, but I give it to my sister and now I have Teclast P88, a 8" tablet with RK3066. I must say it is fantastic: boot in 20 seconds, very fast and smooth, light, more screen for reading and watching movies. 8 inch is perfect for me and Teclast is good brand. Think about it!

#4 electroid

electroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Dealbreaker on the Teclast P88 was the less than 720p screen. I was suprised I missed that one but I usually filter by screen res. when seeing what is avail.
ICOO iCou7GT looking good...similar price to Fire/Flame, out end of Feb.

Model ICOO iCou7GT Quad Core Tablet PC
CPU Allwinner A31, Cortex A7 quad core, 1.5GHz; GPU: PowerVR SGX544 MP2
Operation System Android 4.1.1
RAM 2GB (DDR 3)
ROM(Memory) 16GB Nand Flash
Shell Material Aluminum shell
Screen Size 7 Inch
Type Capacitive Screen, IPS
Display LCD
Resolution 1280 x 800px
Visible Angle 178°

Edited by electroid, 05 February 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#5 domenicocortez

domenicocortez

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Be sure that the battery is ok for you; seems that weak battery is a big problem for the ICOO RK3066 on this thread:

http://www.slatedroi...coo-d70-pro-ii/

#6 muffinman123

muffinman123

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

is there any device with the price range, same screen resolution and quality and has dual camera with 2 mega on the front and 5 mega on the back? these are the selling point for me.

#7 rui no onna

rui no onna

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

is there any device with the price range, same screen resolution and quality and has dual camera with 2 mega on the front and 5 mega on the back? these are the selling point for me.

Haven't seen one yet but I remember reading somewhere that a Flame II was planned to be released. Let's just hope Ainol uses the Allwinner A31 for this one instead of the Actions ATM7029.

#8 muffinman123

muffinman123

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

actually I read that flame 2 is really just firewire/spark, a 9.7 inch that uses Allwinner A31. same camera setup, but the price tag is freaking 250. way beyond my budget

Edited by muffinman123, 15 February 2013 - 01:47 AM.