• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Westy182

Westy182

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

Hi guys,
I received my tablet fro lightinthebox on Monday and I started to play about with it, learning my way round the Jelly Bean OS and installing apps from the play store. I mediately noticed issues with stability with just general usage of the web browser and video player. The tablet would randomly crash and reboot back to the "android" logo or it would freeze and I'd have to hold the power button to reset it!

After some more playing and a bit of research I found that the standard android web browser was automatically installing flash player which adobe have said may cause running issues on the Jelly Bean OS. I uninstalled flash and stopped using the android browser in favour of Chrome and it seemed a little better. I then started getting issues in Chrome, mainly when viewing google images so I switched to opera which again seemed to help but I still have regular crashes.

I have now changed from the android launcher in favour of Nova Launcher and this has made it a bit more stable but it's still glitchy as hell. The YouTube app wont work at all! Vids start to play then it either chucks me out to the home screen or the tablet reboots.

I'm sure that these symptoms are more of an OS issue then a hardware issue but I could be wrong. I started searching for forums specific to this model and found this website so I'm hoping you guys can help as i'm getting a bit annoyed by these issues. I know this is a cheap tablet but is it a case of "you get what you pay for" or is this just an issue with the version of Android the Chinese put on this tablet before it leaves the factory?

Have any of you had similar issues? If it's just me then I'll send it back and get another one but first I thought I'd try to root the tablet and see if I can fix the instability issues.

Any advice would be great.
Westy

#2 Westy182

Westy182

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

Well, the latest firmware has worked wonders! I now have a fully stable and operational tablet. I'm well happy now ;)

#3 madia

madia

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Well, the latest firmware has worked wonders! I now have a fully stable and operational tablet. I'm well happy now ;)

hi.im from iran and my english is poor.i bought a window n 70s tablet and i have same problem with may tablet.you wrote that firmware updating resolve your problem(hanging on web browsing.blue screen!).please send me a step by step and safe guide for window n70 s firmware updating.in my country with its bad economic condition,i spend all my month salary to buy this tablet!please help me.

#4 jerzyjerzy

jerzyjerzy

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:56 AM

You can download the latest firmware from here - Android Tablet Firmware Downloads

Instructions how to flash the firmware are here

IMPORTANT! DO NOT flash any custom ROMs or recoveries for N70S!!! It will brick your device!
Use only stock ROMs from the manufacturer.
  • Westy182 likes this

#5 madia

madia

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

You can download the latest firmware from here - Android Tablet Firmware Downloads

Instructions how to flash the firmware are here

IMPORTANT! DO NOT flash any custom ROMs or recoveries for N70S!!! It will brick your device!
Use only stock ROMs from the manufacturer.

thank you very much.i will try it.