Photo

wrong charger window yuando n70 12v - 5v .. damaged..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 spridget

spridget

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

hello,

used the 12v charger from my cube u30gt on the n70 which is 5v , it doesnt start , checked the battery after 24h charging with the right charger
and its dead.

will there be damage on other parts then the battery ? otherwise i buy a replacement battery.

i just removed the battery , its 3.7v 4000mh , tablet wont start on charge only

Edited by spridget, 30 January 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#2 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

You may have destroyed your tablet!

The power goes through the DC in jack, through chips on the board, through wires to the battery. You may have destroyed one or more chips on the board.

ie. tablet should still power on even with dead battery if plugged into charger. Did you try this? If yours is not turning on while plugged in that tells me you broke some chips on the board.

You should still try "reset" button if your tablet has it. Also, you can try reflashing firmware to it to see what happens. At best, high voltage wiped out ROM & maybe destroyed battery. At worst, it burnt out one or more chips on the PCB/board.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).