Unbricking of batch 3 tablets

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61 Diabliel

Diabliel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Well, I'a in the step when boot with the sd inserted and show me a screen with some buttoms and i dont know what need to do, flash from SD a ROM? What rom?

Enviado desde mi DROID3 usando Tapatalk 2

#62 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:38 AM

So I had that problem last time I tried this method (I've unbricked every batch personally using a bunch of different methods at this point) and when I did was use a thumbtack on the 5/6 pins again and then run the nand erase in the AML software 3 times in a row. Then I started the process again. Also make sure you have the newest download of fldc's files because his first version of the package didn't work for me at all.

I think that with erase nand ,dont create any file ??? If /dev/block/avntfli is missing ,if i made a erase nand ,i think that is missing too no ?

#63 BendiZ

BendiZ

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

it doesn't work. someone an idea?

edit: have someone the cm101_2.zip??

Edited by BendiZ, 11 February 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#64 Diabliel

Diabliel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Hi everyone.

I have a problem, when I try to install CM10 boot TWRS from a SD, show me that can't format the emmc, and at this point I can not flash any rom on the devices.

What is the solution for this problem.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

#65 Diabliel

Diabliel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Use the archieves provided in the first post, the name of the folder is cm10_3 and you need use the update.zip.

Enviado desde mi DROID3 usando Tapatalk 2

#66 BendiZ

BendiZ

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

i use the newest files but it doesnt work.

/dev/block/......... error

Edited by BendiZ, 12 February 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#67 Diabliel

Diabliel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hi again, after try the next line adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip show me this message.

script aborted: assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "g06refe2" ||
getprop("ro.build.product") == "g06refe2"
ui_print assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "g06refe2" ||
ui_print getprop("ro.build.product") == "g06refe2"
ui_print

What happend?

Thanks

#68 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

The firmware package is looking at the build.prop already on your device to see if it is flashable. So you don't have a "deep" or "hard" bricked tablet, there are still left overs of the old firmware on your device. In the AML software you need to check the "nand erase" box and run that before you flash the usb_recovery.zip. That will wipe the device completely and allow you to proceed with the CM10 install.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#69 Pratyush Crys

Pratyush Crys

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationKanpur

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

MAN I AM TIRED OF ASKING FOR THE 121208 ROM FOR MY NOVO TAB.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
PLZZ PLZZZZ PLZZZZ PLZZZZZZ ANYONE HAVING THE STCK BACKUP PROVIDE IT TO ME.Posted ImagePosted Image
I REPEAT PROVIDE ME THE STOCK BACKUP OF THE ROM.Posted ImagePosted Image

#70 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

MAN I AM TIRED OF ASKING FOR THE 121208 ROM FOR MY NOVO TAB.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
PLZZ PLZZZZ PLZZZZ PLZZZZZZ ANYONE HAVING THE STCK BACKUP PROVIDE IT TO ME.Posted ImagePosted Image
I REPEAT PROVIDE ME THE STOCK BACKUP OF THE ROM.Posted ImagePosted Image

ALL CAPS MUCH>>>

ZaLiTHkA and 3ndymion have both posted TWRP backups / ROM dumps. Weren't you the one who asked for ZaLiTHkA's backup which was already posted for you here?
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#71 Diabliel

Diabliel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hi again.

Someone help me? As biuld.prop I can delete the file? I'm trying to erase the nand flash with IMGBurning Tools, apparently if you do but when I return to pocedimiento of "adb shell / tmp / update-binary 3 stdout / tmp / update.zip" continues that has that file. What do I do?

Thank you.

#72 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

That's really weird that erasing the nand didn't help. Did you try the Batch 2 SD method in my thread? You can't delete the build.prop, you need it or the device won't boot. You could use 7zip, pull the build.prop out of the package, delete the first couple of lines that reference the "check" that is giving you the error and then copy the build.prop back in. Have to do it that way though, you can't extract the whole package and then re-compress it because it needs to be signed for it to work.

#73 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

My son's tablet is finally working again! :yahoo:

Thank you so very very much. :D
My sons each have a batch 3 - and I bricked one early in January :(

In spite of a great deal of assistance from Tigger (she was awesome :-) ) I was unable to get it sorted and due to other commitments have had to put it on the back burner for the last month or so.

The problem I had previously was that I couldn't even scrub the nand. No matter what I did, it wouldnt get past 8%. Very demoralising ...

This method was a bit of a stretch for me ... I am indeed one of those Windows users :p - and worse, I work with computers in an all windows environment! I have only the most passing of acquaintances with Linux.
However, after struggling with adb ... and trying to get the computer to recognise the tablet in the right way (many thanks to the person who posted the link for PDAnet btw!) the tablet is finally up and running.

Thanks especially to Tigger - and fuser. And of course fldc for posting this info.
I have a very happy wee boy. :clapping:

#74 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hey Yvanna, welcome back!!! I'm really happy it worked for you :)

#75 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

Hey Yvanna, welcome back!!! I'm really happy it worked for you :)

Thanks fuser :) I have today off work, so am about to get crystal clear installed ...
Anyone else found they have no wireless after the cm10 install? Hoping to have all the apps installed before my son gets home from school :D

#76 gosyen

gosyen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

my aurora 2 also deep brick, and i can connect to burning tool and detect as worldcup devices. tried using fire official 0921 image but always stuck at 8% or 16%

then i prepared recovery image from stock rom aurora2 on my sdcard , turn on tablet and nothing appears. just black screen.

maybe i use wrong image when flashing? can someone compile image for my aurora2 ?

thanks

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.jpg   265.93KB   20 downloads

Edited by gosyen, 26 February 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#77 zubda345

zubda345

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Files are available here.

This variant is mostly for those with devices not working with other methods given, but i'll guess it should work for all of them, not all tablets from batch 3 is the same, fuser-invent has already given instructions that reportedly work for some of them.

If you don't get an M3 or M6 connection via usb at all, crack the device open and short pin 5 & 6 for dual die or 7 & 8 for single die on the nand chip while starting
the device connected to a PC.

This could all be done much cleaner with a new kernel injected in to uimage_burner, but after a couple of failed attempts i thought f*ck that for now. :-)

Load the usb_recovery.zip in to aml flasher, the custom bootloader will load a recovery image and give you adb access, ignore the failure on 100%, then unpack cm101.zip which contains a script for a complete recovery of the system and cm10.1+gapps+compat (batch3), run recovery.sh if you're a linux user and have adb installed in path or edit recovery.sh and start cut & pasting if you're one of the unfortunate windows users. ;-)
Power down the device.

Input an sd card with twrp for batch3, press power, it will boot and enter twrp directly.
Remove connection to pc while booting, or you'll get m3 mode.
Don't go trying to flash sh*t here now. :D
Repeat the run of recovery.sh as before, it can't recover completely the first time for some reason, so actually you could just flash the bootloader on the first boot, but who cares, I'm lazy.

Now boot the device with the aml_autoscript available on drive on an sd card the first time you boot it up. (again, no usb connection), it should give you
the charger screen or reboot, pull the card and boot as normal, you should no longer have problems while flashing roms either.

----

And yes, there is a problem with rotate among other things on the rom provided, i f*cked something up somewhere, but this wasn't my priority, who cares, it's unbricked, try flashing something else ;)

Now I'll just hand this tablet over to my wife, feel free to improve on the scripts/method of unbricking, hopefully it works at least. ;)

UPDATE:
Did one final overhaul and cleaned out unused lines and added some printing of information to recovery.sh, removed unused stuff and fixed build.prop to give you a usable CM build after restoring.

UPDATE:
So here is a step by step guide for those having problems understanding something or possibly windows users. :D

Prerequisite: adb installed from Android SDK or somewhere else.

Firstly "flash" the usb_recovery.zip in aml flasher, extract cm101.zip/cm101_2.zip, open cmd/shell in the extracted folder and,

1. adb push fdisk.cmd /tmp
2. adb push fdisk.sh /tmp
3. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/fdisk.sh
4. adb shell /tmp/fdisk.sh
5. adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32
6. adb push update.zip /tmp
7. adb push update-binary /tmp
8. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/update-binary
9. adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip
10. copy uImage_recovery for twrp(batch3) to sd card, also included in usb_recovery.zip
11. remove usb cable from device, boot the device, insert usb cable
12. adb push update.zip /tmp
13. adb push update-binary /tmp
14. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/update-binary
15. adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip
16. adb push aml_autoscript /sdcard
17. remove usb cable and reboot the device, wait for another reboot, charger screen or shutdown
18. remove sd card, boot the device, you should see your tablet booting

hello there. I have been trying to unbrick my hard-bricked batch 3 (30108g2...) crystal for like a month now. I have tried all the methords which have been given here on this topic as well as others started by Fuser-Invent, But unfortunately I am not able to unbrick it, when I have sucessfullly flashed it via the above methord and I power it on, the tablet just won't turn on whereas it is shown as a "worldcup device" in the device manager.

History: My tablet was soft bricked (android was shown upon powering up) but when I tried to unbrick it via the 1ts methord given by fuser-invent it went into a hard brick then I made it into worldcup device and have been trying since!! I am soo worried and bored without it. PLEASE!! HELP ME ASAP!!! I AM AWAITING REPLIES!!!!

#78 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

hello there. I have been trying to unbrick my hard-bricked batch 3 (30108g2...) crystal for like a month now. I have tried all the methords which have been given here on this topic as well as others started by Fuser-Invent, But unfortunately I am not able to unbrick it, when I have sucessfullly flashed it via the above methord and I power it on, the tablet just won't turn on whereas it is shown as a "worldcup device" in the device manager.

History: My tablet was soft bricked (android was shown upon powering up) but when I tried to unbrick it via the 1ts methord given by fuser-invent it went into a hard brick then I made it into worldcup device and have been trying since!! I am soo worried and bored without it. PLEASE!! HELP ME ASAP!!! I AM AWAITING REPLIES!!!!

What is the full serial number on it? My guess is that you are attempting to unbrick it using the wrong files. Either it was reverted to a batch2 during the process like mine or it contains a newer boot.img than the one discussed for other Batch 3 tablets. There are 2 other boot.img files for the batch 3, one in the Crystal Clear screen fix comp zip and one in the Crystal Clear camera fix comp zip. You might need to replace the one in FLDC's file package with those and test that out. Or try the Batch2 methods in case you reverted the tablet at some point.

#79 zubda345

zubda345

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

What is the full serial number on it? My guess is that you are attempting to unbrick it using the wrong files. Either it was reverted to a batch2 during the process like mine or it contains a newer boot.img than the one discussed for other Batch 3 tablets. There are 2 other boot.img files for the batch 3, one in the Crystal Clear screen fix comp zip and one in the Crystal Clear camera fix comp zip. You might need to replace the one in FLDC's file package with those and test that out. Or try the Batch2 methods in case you reverted the tablet at some point.

Full serial no: A NOVO7CRYSTAl130108G24387

Can you please tell me what I should do, in a step by step process like you have explained in your previous replies plz... I so need it. It'll be so kind of you...

#80 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Full serial no: A NOVO7CRYSTAl130108G24387

Can you please tell me what I should do, in a step by step process like you have explained in your previous replies plz... I so need it. It'll be so kind of you...

The gigantic unbricking thread (in my signature) is a step by step guide. Looks like your tablet isn't new enough to be one with an alternative batch 3 kernel. So either look at the unbricking instructions in my thread for a batch3 or try the batch2 instructions.