Unbricking of batch 3 tablets

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#41 droidbaby

droidbaby

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

If it's showing up on your computer as a M3 or M6 Chip then yes, you have a "deep" bricked device.

What about the screen?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

#42 droidbaby

droidbaby

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

If it's showing up on your computer as a M3 or M6 Chip then yes, you have a "deep" bricked device.

Thanks tried it again, M3 is showing up... whew! Gotta read up on a dB I guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

#43 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Figured that I would drop back in and mention that if you are a Windows user you can use Cygwin instead of the command prompt. Edit the .sh files so that each line has ./ in front of it and they will work. For example:
#!/bin/sh

echo "Uploading files..."
./adb push fdisk.cmd /tmp
./adb push fdisk.sh /tmp
./adb push update.zip /tmp
./adb push update-binary /tmp
./adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/fdisk.sh /tmp/update-binary
echo "Creating and formatting userdata partition, ignore any errors if you're running this the second boot..."
./adb shell /tmp/fdisk.sh
./adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32
echo "Restoring partitions and installing CM 10.1..."
./adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip
echo "Done, if this was your first run, copy uImage_recovery to SD and reboot."
echo "If this was your second run, copy aml_autoscript to SD and reboot."
echo "Don't forget to remove your usb cable..."

Also, for those unfamiliar with ADB. you may have to do:

adb kill-server
adb start-server

To be able to enter any adb commands.

Edited by fuser-invent, 05 February 2013 - 10:25 PM.

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#44 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

doesn't it work if one just puts those commands in a windows batch file, i.e. .bat/.cmd ?

#45 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

I'm not sure, I use cygwin for almost everything when I'm in Windows7.

Also, on another note I tried out that new SD package you put together and didn't get anything. The screen didn't even turn on with the SD card in but when I took it out, the backlight would come on.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#46 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'm not sure, I use cygwin for almost everything when I'm in Windows7.

Also, on another note I tried out that new SD package you put together and didn't get anything. The screen didn't even turn on with the SD card in but when I took it out, the backlight would come on.

I think it should work, unlike that package of miss-fortune... :angry:

#47 juansinmiedo35

juansinmiedo35

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

i´ve managed te tablet to boot into recovery and access the menu, but i cant pass from this point, it shows 6 options
reboot now
apply update from ADB
apply update from EXT
apply update from cache
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
wipe media partition

it was preveosly dead, i followed this tutorial but i cant pass step 11. remove usb cable from device, boot the device, insert usb cable
because when i remove the tablet ADB wont recognize it again and i have to start over from flashing with AML.

the tablet its booting into recovery mode by pressing vol- and power without the SD card inside

#48 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

what I read from the 1st post you should boot normally at that step... correct?

also if you disconnect the tablet then adb remembers the previous connection,
so "adb kill-server" maybe in order...

#49 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

@ juansinmiedo35 - Those are the options for the stock recovery, you should be booting into the touch based TWRP recovery at that point. You need to put the recovery uImage_recovery file that is in the usb_recovery.zip on your sd card. If you have done that and it does not boot into TWRP then you likely need to reformat your sd card using the free program SD Formatter. Format type -> FULL (Overwrite) and Format Size Adjustment -> On.

#50 juansinmiedo35

juansinmiedo35

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

@ juansinmiedo35 - Those are the options for the stock recovery, you should be booting into the touch based TWRP recovery at that point. You need to put the recovery uImage_recovery file that is in the usb_recovery.zip on your sd card. If you have done that and it does not boot into TWRP then you likely need to reformat your sd card using the free program SD Formatter. Format type -> FULL (Overwrite) and Format Size Adjustment -> On.

thanks for the reply, i formatted the SD and now im able to boot into TWRP, i finish the rest of the steps, but when i pull out the SD card and boot again it goes to the stock recovery.

Edited by juansinmiedo35, 06 February 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#51 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Yes and then on the last step you push the aml_autoscript to the sd card with the adb command.

#52 juansinmiedo35

juansinmiedo35

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Yes and then on the last step you push the aml_autoscript to the sd card with the adb command.

thanks i finally did !!

thanks a lot for the help mine was a batch 3 3.0.8-gcda87f3-dirty-chengnan.tan@droid07-sz kernel

i have another in the same condition, i will try later with that to see if i can repeat the result

that is great news for all those who have bricked their devices, keep up the good work

now i have cyanogenmod 10.1 but it doesnt have the camera app, the rest its working great
now i would like to know which roms can i use on this bad boy, any ideas?

Edited by juansinmiedo35, 06 February 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#53 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

So far anything by Christian Troy, CM10/CM10.1/AOKP/PA and my ROM Crystal Clear. SoulGem and Jasper have been abandoned.

#54 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

I have to say, although this method worked for me once, I can't get it to work again. Its too bad we don't have an easy and consistent method for people to use.

#55 juansinmiedo35

juansinmiedo35

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I have to say, although this method worked for me once, I can't get it to work again. Its too bad we don't have an easy and consistent method for people to use.

i can confirm that this method is working, i just finished with the second crystal. batch 3 from deep brick to CM10.1

#56 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

Thanks !! i flash usb.zip 100% without problems .... Now i can enter in ADB but fail ....

recognized like android adb interface and 2 mass storage

Following instructions of fdl :

1. adb push fdisk.cmd /tmp OK
2. adb push fdisk.sh /tmp OK
3. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/fdisk.sh OK
4. adb shell /tmp/fdisk.sh--------------------------------- > fidk : cant open /dev/block/avnftli

here i enter in adb shell and cd /dev/block and ls listed only loop0,loop1 ...... loop7
i try to modify fdisk.sh

from
/sbin/busybox fdisk /dev/block/avnftli < /tmp/fdisk.cmd/sbin/busybox sync
to
/sbin/busybox fdisk /dev/block/loop0 < /tmp/fdisk.cmd/sbin/busybox sync

and then again point 1,2,3

but then in point 4 error cant read from /dev/block/loop0 ( i try too to modify perms 775 or 777 )

STOP HERE

5. adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32

EDIT : i try follow withou point 4 and 5 ( because fail )

6. adb push update.zip /tmp OK
7. adb push update-binary /tmp OK
8. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/update-binary OK
9. adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip --->>>

about to run program [/tmp/install-optional.sh] wi
Installing face detection support
unmount of /system failed; no such volume
write_raw_image: no mtd partition named "bootloade
write_raw_image: no mtd partition named "boot"
write_raw_image: no mtd partition named "aml_logo"
write_raw_image: no mtd partition named "logo"
write_raw_image: no mtd partition named "recovery"
script result was []

I supose because i can made the point 4 and 5 .....

stop here now

10. copy uImage_recovery for twrp(batch3) to sd card, also included in usb_recovery.zip
11. remove usb cable from device, boot the device, insert usb cable
12. adb push update.zip /tmp
13. adb push update-binary /tmp
14. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/update-binary
15. adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip
16. adb push aml_autoscript /sdcard
17. remove usb cable and reboot the device, wait for another reboot, charger screen or shutdown
18. remove sd card, boot the device, you should see your tablet booting

I want to mourn are entering, I feel very silly

ANY IDEA OR HELP ???? :(

is not posible to put avnftli in /dev/block/ is someone download this file and i put with push with adb ( sorry if I say stupid things but it is the first time I deal with these issues)

IN ADB SHELL :

/dev/block # ←[6nls -la
ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 200 Jan 13 06:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 13200 Jan 13 06:50 ..
brwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7, 0 Jan 13 06:50 loop0
brw------- 1 root root 7, 1 Jan 13 06:50 loop1
brw------- 1 root root 7, 2 Jan 13 06:50 loop2
brw------- 1 root root 7, 3 Jan 13 06:50 loop3
brw------- 1 root root 7, 4 Jan 13 06:50 loop4
brw------- 1 root root 7, 5 Jan 13 06:50 loop5
brw------- 1 root root 7, 6 Jan 13 06:50 loop6
brw------- 1 root root 7, 7 Jan 13 06:50 loop7
/dev/block # ←[6n

someone with any idea ??? i cant pass from point 4 ( not found /dev/block/avnftli )

thanks

#57 BendiZ

BendiZ

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

I have the same problem at point 4 (not found /dev/block/avnftli)

#58 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

So I had that problem last time I tried this method (I've unbricked every batch personally using a bunch of different methods at this point) and when I did was use a thumbtack on the 5/6 pins again and then run the nand erase in the AML software 3 times in a row. Then I started the process again. Also make sure you have the newest download of fldc's files because his first version of the package didn't work for me at all.

Also, if you continue to get stuck at this point, you can always try out my Batch 3 method from where this method fails and see if it will work for you. It does convert the Batch 3 Crystal into a Batch 2 though. I've now successfully used that method on two Batch 3 Crystals and used fldc's method several times on one of those devices but couldn't get it to work completely on the other.

#59 Diabliel

Diabliel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hi guys. I'm a noob in these stuf.

I've a crystal Batch 3 with serial, A NOVO7CRYSTAL130108G23685 that is not working, before ythe display will be a black screen it show me a message like "android.com process has been chash" or something like. Now, the question, this method brin to the life again my tablet?

#60 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hi guys. I'm a noob in these stuf.

I've a crystal Batch 3 with serial, A NOVO7CRYSTAL130108G23685 that is not working, before ythe display will be a black screen it show me a message like "android.com process has been chash" or something like. Now, the question, this method brin to the life again my tablet?

If you can boot into recovery, I'd suggest you just install CM10 or Crystal Clear instead. There is no official stock ROM that will work for the Batch 3. I wouldn't use these more complicated unbricking methods unless your tablet is a "deep" or "hard" brick.