#1 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationVadstena, Sweden

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Files are available here.

This variant is mostly for those with devices not working with other methods given, but i'll guess it should work for all of them, not all tablets from batch 3 is the same, fuser-invent has already given instructions that reportedly work for some of them.

If you don't get an M3 or M6 connection via usb at all, crack the device open and short pin 5 & 6 for dual die or 7 & 8 for single die on the nand chip while starting
the device connected to a PC.

This could all be done much cleaner with a new kernel injected in to uimage_burner, but after a couple of failed attempts i thought f*ck that for now. :-)

Load the usb_recovery.zip in to aml flasher, the custom bootloader will load a recovery image and give you adb access, ignore the failure on 100%, then unpack cm101.zip which contains a script for a complete recovery of the system and cm10.1+gapps+compat (batch3), run recovery.sh if you're a linux user and have adb installed in path or edit recovery.sh and start cut & pasting if you're one of the unfortunate windows users. ;-)
Power down the device.

Input an sd card with twrp for batch3, press power, it will boot and enter twrp directly.
Remove connection to pc while booting, or you'll get m3 mode.
Don't go trying to flash sh*t here now. :D
Repeat the run of recovery.sh as before, it can't recover completely the first time for some reason, so actually you could just flash the bootloader on the first boot, but who cares, I'm lazy.

Now boot the device with the aml_autoscript available on drive on an sd card the first time you boot it up. (again, no usb connection), it should give you
the charger screen or reboot, pull the card and boot as normal, you should no longer have problems while flashing roms either.

----

And yes, there is a problem with rotate among other things on the rom provided, i f*cked something up somewhere, but this wasn't my priority, who cares, it's unbricked, try flashing something else ;)

Now I'll just hand this tablet over to my wife, feel free to improve on the scripts/method of unbricking, hopefully it works at least. ;)

UPDATE:
Did one final overhaul and cleaned out unused lines and added some printing of information to recovery.sh, removed unused stuff and fixed build.prop to give you a usable CM build after restoring.

UPDATE:
So here is a step by step guide for those having problems understanding something or possibly windows users. :D

Prerequisite: adb installed from Android SDK or somewhere else.

Firstly "flash" the usb_recovery.zip in aml flasher, extract cm101.zip/cm101_2.zip, open cmd/shell in the extracted folder and,

1. adb push fdisk.cmd /tmp
2. adb push fdisk.sh /tmp
3. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/fdisk.sh
4. adb shell /tmp/fdisk.sh
5. adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32
6. adb push update.zip /tmp
7. adb push update-binary /tmp
8. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/update-binary
9. adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip
10. copy uImage_recovery for twrp(batch3) to sd card, also included in usb_recovery.zip
11. remove usb cable from device, boot the device, insert usb cable
12. adb push update.zip /tmp
13. adb push update-binary /tmp
14. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/update-binary
15. adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip
16. adb push aml_autoscript /sdcard
17. remove usb cable and reboot the device, wait for another reboot, charger screen or shutdown
18. remove sd card, boot the device, you should see your tablet booting

Edited by fldc, 28 January 2013 - 04:37 AM.

• fuser-invent, miskz, scoopex and 1 other like this

#2 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Very nice! I will check this out in the next few days.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#3 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

I can load USB recovery.to 100% then when finish es recognized like nexus7 in yellow un device.mánager.
I download SDK android form windows.cmd
When put adb firts command of recovery.sh

Always device not connected
I can see like 2 mass storage

Any help...

#4 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

I can load USB recovery.to 100% then when finish es recognized like nexus7 in yellow un device.mánager.
I download SDK android form windows.cmd

I can see like 2 mass storage

Any help...

It's recognized as Nexus 7 because Troy hasn't changed the id in the files used for the recovery image used. Unfortunately I don't know much about adb usage under Windows, hopefully someone else can give you some tips about this.

Edited by fldc, 27 January 2013 - 10:22 AM.

• fuser-invent likes this

#5 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Another step by step guide, no recovery.sh used in this one. :D

#6 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Did one final overhaul and cleaned out unused lines and added some printing of information to recovery.sh, removed unused stuff and fixed build.prop to give you a usable CM build after restoring.

#7 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Files are available here.

This variant is mostly for those with devices not working with other methods given, but i'll guess it should work for all of them, not all tablets from batch 3 is the same, fuser-invent has already given instructions that reportedly work for some of them.

If you don't get an M3 or M6 connection via usb at all, crack the device open and short pin 5 & 6 for dual die or 7 & 8 for single die on the nand chip while starting
the device connected to a PC.

This could all be done much cleaner with a new kernel injected in to uimage_burner, but after a couple of failed attempts i thought f*ck that for now. :-)

Load the usb_recovery.zip in to aml flasher, the custom bootloader will load a recovery image and give you adb access, ignore the failure on 100%, then unpack cm101.zip which contains a script for a complete recovery of the system and cm10.1+gapps+compat (batch3), run recovery.sh if you're a linux user and have adb installed in path or edit recovery.sh and start cut & pasting if you're one of the unfortunate windows users. ;-)
Power down the device.

Input an sd card with twrp for batch3, press power, it will boot and enter twrp directly.
Remove connection to pc while booting, or you'll get m3 mode.
Don't go trying to flash sh*t here now. :D
Repeat the run of recovery.sh as before, it can't recover completely the first time for some reason, so actually you could just flash the bootloader on the first boot, but who cares, I'm lazy.

Now boot the device with the aml_autoscript available on drive on an sd card the first time you boot it up. (again, no usb connection), it should give you
the charger screen or reboot, pull the card and boot as normal, you should no longer have problems while flashing roms either.

----

And yes, there is a problem with rotate among other things on the rom provided, i f*cked something up somewhere, but this wasn't my priority, who cares, it's unbricked, try flashing something else ;)

Now I'll just hand this tablet over to my wife, feel free to improve on the scripts/method of unbricking, hopefully it works at least. ;)

UPDATE:

UPDATE:
So here is a step by step guide for those having problems understanding something or possibly windows users. :D

Prerequisite: adb installed from Android SDK or somewhere else.

Firstly "flash" the usb_recovery.zip in aml flasher, extract cm101.zip/cm101_2.zip, open cmd/shell in the extracted folder and,

1. adb push fdisk.cmd /tmp
2. adb push fdisk.sh /tmp
3. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/fdisk.sh
4. adb shell /tmp/fdisk.sh
5. adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32
6. adb push update.zip /tmp
7. adb push update-binary /tmp
8. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/update-binary
9. adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip
10. copy uImage_recovery for twrp(batch3) to sd card, also included in usb_recovery.zip
11. remove usb cable from device, boot the device, insert usb cable
12. adb push update.zip /tmp
13. adb push update-binary /tmp
14. adb shell chmod 775 /tmp/update-binary
15. adb shell /tmp/update-binary 3 stdout /tmp/update.zip
16. adb push aml_autoscript /sdcard
17. remove usb cable and reboot the device, wait for another reboot, charger screen or shutdown
18. remove sd card, boot the device, you should see your tablet booting

Thanks for effort .... i try after

But ... I could only run once Getting Started adb commands and
found a problem in
this 5. adb shell parted -s /dev/block/avnftli mkfs 1 fat32

from abd i can see that inm /dev/block Dont exist avnftli
I supose if i can enter in adb again .. the problem will be the same ....

Thanks again

#8 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Ok, do you have anything with a similar name? Maybe this differs, use this device instead, I saw two different device names mentioned in the usb recovery image, I'll update the scripts and info once again then :-)

Skickat från min Nexus S via Tapatalk 2

Edited by fldc, 28 January 2013 - 09:37 AM.

#9 scoopex

scoopex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

so, thanks a lot for this files!

my crystal is now unbricked! CM is running and i will try now fuser´s rom!

#10 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

so, thanks a lot for this files!

my crystal is now unbricked! CM is running and i will try now fuser´s rom!

Gratulation scoopex :good:
Congratulations fldc :clapping:
It seems the second batch3 which is unbrick. Can you write an german How To, so fuser can add it to the unbrick thread.
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Ainol Novo Crystal 7 (batch 2/ 121108)
Pipo M8

#11 scoopex

scoopex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Gratulation scoopex :good:
Congratulations fldc :clapping:
It seems the second batch3 which is unbrick. Can you write an german How To, so fuser can add it to the unbrick thread.

WOW the second! ;-) nice!!

i can write a german How To, add thing´s i have done to unbrick it.
now i´m trying to test fuser rom.

#12 jake01

jake01

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Thank you fldc! :clapping:

Your guide brought my Chrystal 121208 back to life.
Now is running Chrystal Clear Rom 1.6 by fuser-invent perfectly on it :yahoo:

#13 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

WOW the second! ;-) nice!!

i can write a german How To, add thing´s i have done to unbrick it.
now i´m trying to test fuser rom.

Thanks!
I think it´s the second, fusers and yours and two totaly different ways to unbrick.
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Pipo M8

#14 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Thank you fldc! :clapping:

Your guide brought my Chrystal 121208 back to life.
Now is running Chrystal Clear Rom 1.6 by fuser-invent perfectly on it :yahoo:

The Third :good:

Sorry for asking, what is your native language? Can you write too an How To if it´s not english or german? The more language the better ;)
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Pipo M8

#15 jake01

jake01

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

The Third :good:

Sorry for asking, what is your native language? Can you write too an How To if it´s not english or german? The more language the better ;)

I´m from Germany, so i can´t help with other languages.

#16 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

This is incredible news, awesome job fldc! You just got a lot of green plus button hits from me. :D

fldc, would you rather keep this as the only thread with this info or should I add it to my larger unbricking thread and credit you? I can also host your files on my mediafire account to help with bandwidth if you'd like.

Questions for people who unbricked their Batch 3's, what kernel is it now that you unbricked it, which comp zip are you using with your ROM and if you are using my ROM how does it work?
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#17 scoopex

scoopex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

This is incredible news, awesome job fldc! You just got a lot of green plus button hits from me. :D

fldc, would you rather keep this as the only thread with this info or should I add it to my larger unbricking thread and credit you? I can also host your files on my mediafire account to help with bandwidth if you'd like.

Questions for people who unbricked their Batch 3's, what kernel is it now that you unbricked it, which comp zip are you using with your ROM and if you are using my ROM how does it work?

the cheng kernel is ist on my device. an now it´s work with yout rom 1.6 and your (tigger´s) comp files. i have tryed also cm 10.1 with the rc0 comp files from Christian.

if you have any other questions, ask me please. i will write a How To in german an send ist to you fuser. i hope it can be in the unbrick thread, when fldc said it ok.

#18 3ndymion

3ndymion

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Whoa, you got it!!! fldc ++ Posted Image

To all you who got it working again, are there still issues with the g-sensor & camera???

#19 scoopex

scoopex

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Whoa, you got it!!! fldc ++ Posted Image

To all you who got it working again, are there still issues with the g-sensor & camera???

camera works an g-sensor too. i will test this in games.

i have used "androsensors" to test it. al all three axis works.

Edited by scoopex, 29 January 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#20 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

I with the same problem ....

I download SDK android from windows

i can't execute adb commands becuase its not connected ..... ( the problem is because is recognized like Nexus 7)