#23 vanq69er

vanq69er

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

More info on the Cube U30GT2:

http://www.cube-tabl...ews-conference/

Looks like it has a single speaker on 1 side.

Did the Pipo M9 have 2 speakers on the back or side?

Edited by vanq69er, 03 February 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#24 Peter Ong

Peter Ong

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Hi.

If you guys want to try out new China-made tablet be careful on fraud & product authenticity.

EXAMPLE 1: www.cube-tablet.com is a fake site. The real Cube manufacturer site is http://www.51cube.com/en/Default.asp. In fact original Cube manufacturer DON'T carry U30GT II model !!! Beware
EXAMPLE 2: Many brands come from the same source. i.e Sanei & Ampe are actually the same entity.
EXAMPLE 3: www.ramos-tablet.com, www.ramos-sale.com (and other creative names) are not related to Ramos despite they are selling their products.

There're only few reputable manufacturer in China; among them:
Huawei,
Ramos,
Onda

Oh yea, I haven't mentioned the websites that you guys got these tablets. Beware: don be cheated by the nice looking webpages of this e-Merchant. Many are from ShenZhen, China. Especially www.pandawill.com ... go read abt complaints of their customers from all around the world, then U'll realize these Chinese e-Retailers know nothing abt 'Ethics'

Edited by Peter Ong, 03 February 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#25 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

More info on the Cube U30GT2:

http://www.cube-tabl...ews-conference/

Looks like it has a single speaker on 1 side.

Did the Pipo M9 have 2 speakers on the back or side?

The Pipo M9 has two rear facing speakers. You can see the slots for them in the photo HERE.

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 03 February 2013 - 01:55 PM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#26 vanq69er

vanq69er

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

The Pipo M9 has two rear facing speakers. You can see the slots for them in the photo HERE.

Hi Tablet Collector, what in your experience is better? A single speaker on the side or 2 rear speakers?

Cheers

#27 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hi Tablet Collector, what in your experience is better? A single speaker on the side or 2 rear speakers?

Cheers

Of course it depends on a lot of things but generally two rear speakers will give a better sound than one side speaker. For one thing they should be stereo whereas one speaker can only be mono. Also if the speakers are physically separated quite a bit then that will give a good stereo separation. Side speakers tend to use smaller drive units so they can sound more tinny. You can also get single rear speakers such as in the Pipo M1 which I think sound better than the side mounted ones.

Personally I find the best option is two front facing speakers as the sound is then directed towards you instead of away. Some examples...

Side speaker -- Cube U30GT-H. It's still a great tablet but the speaker is quite small and tinny. From the photos of the new Cube U30GT2 (RK3188 version) it looks like they are still retaining the single side speaker design which seems crazy to me.

Dual rear speaker - Ainol Hero I/II. Whatever you think about the SoCs used by these tablets they still have to be some of the best sounding Chinese tablets around.

Dual front speaker - Pipo Mix M2, Window N101+. I did a sound comparison video between the Pipo Mix M2 (dual front) and Max M1 (single rear). Click HERE to have a listen.

Single rear - Pipo Max M1. Not a bad sound at all and certainly better than the Cube U30GT.

Jez
P.S. I will try to find somewhere appropriate to move this as it's getting a bit off-topic ;)

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 04 February 2013 - 10:11 AM.

• vanq69er likes this
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#28 robhaigh

robhaigh

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

Hi everyone,
Been after a tablet for a while, ordered the Ainol Firewire, saw the videos of it being super laggy !!!! , cancelled the order! decided to wait for RK3188.
Liking the look of the Pipo, noticed they are pre-order on sharkbuy.
http://www.sharkbuy....-bluetooth.html

anyone used sharkbuy??
anyone UK based used em ??

thanks.

#29 RobMtl007

RobMtl007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

Greetings:

From the Specs I've just read from the link on Sharkbuy, this Pipo M9 Tablet will have Bluetooth version 2.1.
Can someone explain to me why a New 2013 Tablet has Bluetooth 2.1 and not version 4.0?
Is it because Bluetooth 4.0 is too expensive and would bring the price of the tablet much higher, or what?

The reason I want that this tablet should have Bluetooth 4.0 is because of Smart Devices like these: http://www.sticknfin...duct/sticknfind

Do you agree with me now about Bluetooth 4.0?

Regards Robert

Hi everyone,
Been after a tablet for a while, ordered the Ainol Firewire, saw the videos of it being super laggy !!!! , cancelled the order! decided to wait for RK3188.

anyone used sharkbuy??

thanks.

#30 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

From the Specs I've just read from the link on Sharkbuy, this Pipo M9 Tablet will have Bluetooth version 2.1.
Can someone explain to me why a New 2013 Tablet has Bluetooth 2.1 and not version 4.0?

Bluetooth 4.0 is going to cost more than 2.1. Older tech is always cheaper to license than the latest stuff out there. The cost difference between 2.1 & 4.0 maybe small though. ie. it maybe $1 to $5 more? But adds up with tens of thousands of orders.

Rockchip makes a combined WiFi + Bluetooth chip. This is what tablets like U30GT used and probably same thing for RK3188 tablets. You should ask Rockchip why they do not make a WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 chip instead. Also, e-mail tablet maker and ask them why they do not include Bluetooth 4.0 chip instead.

The majority of devices work with Bluetooth 2.1. This reason plus the lower price for BT-2.1 is why tablet makers go with it over 4.0.

I would tell you to buy a Nexus 7 but that seems to only have BT-3.0.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_7

So, you will just have to wait for Google to release their 2nd gen., 7" tablet (with Tegra4?). Could happen by end of 2013 or for sure in 2014. Or you maybe able to find another brand name tablet with BT-4.0? Highly unlikely to find a Chinese tablet with BT-4.0.

PS, you can always try a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle but Android OS may not support all the BT chipsets. ie. for 2.1, only 1/3 to 1/2 of BT chipsets will work. Even with dongle, you maybe unable to actually get it working in Android without really knowing Linux kernel. ie. Android uses Linux kernel & commands and drivers work the same way in Linux & Android.
  • RobMtl007 likes this

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#31 RobMtl007

RobMtl007

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thankyou for clarifing this Nickos-V.

Bluetooth 4.0 is going to cost more than 2.1. Older tech is always cheaper to license than the latest stuff out there. The cost difference between 2.1 & 4.0 maybe small though. ie. it maybe $1 to $5 more? But adds up with tens of thousands of orders.

Rockchip makes a combined WiFi + Bluetooth chip. This is what tablets like U30GT used and probably same thing for RK3188 tablets. You should ask Rockchip why they do not make a WiFi + Bluetooth 4.0 chip instead. Also, e-mail tablet maker and ask them why they do not include Bluetooth 4.0 chip instead.

The majority of devices work with Bluetooth 2.1. This reason plus the lower price for BT-2.1 is why tablet makers go with it over 4.0.

I would tell you to buy a Nexus 7 but that seems to only have BT-3.0.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nexus_7

So, you will just have to wait for Google to release their 2nd gen., 7" tablet (with Tegra4?). Could happen by end of 2013 or for sure in 2014. Or you maybe able to find another brand name tablet with BT-4.0? Highly unlikely to find a Chinese tablet with BT-4.0.

PS, you can always try a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle but Android OS may not support all the BT chipsets. ie. for 2.1, only 1/3 to 1/2 of BT chipsets will work. Even with dongle, you maybe unable to actually get it working in Android without really knowing Linux kernel. ie. Android uses Linux kernel & commands and drivers work the same way in Linux & Android.

#32 vanq69er

vanq69er

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Hi everyone,

anyone used sharkbuy??

thanks.

Wondering this as well. How come sharkbuy and aliexpress have the PiPO Max M9 Rk3188 and no one else? Also are they legit?

Priced at $300 as well which seems a bit high???

#33 Shenmue

Shenmue

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Wondering this as well. How come sharkbuy and aliexpress have the PiPO Max M9 Rk3188 and no one else? Also are they legit?

Priced at $300 as well which seems a bit high???

Yes, vey weird on aliexpress ,seems to be in stock meanwhile this is only. Pré-order from merimobile ans other famous website...i do not know if we can trust those aliexpress vendors

#34 vanq69er

vanq69er

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Yes, vey weird on aliexpress ,seems to be in stock meanwhile this is only. Pré-order from merimobile ans other famous website...i do not know if we can trust those aliexpress vendors

I defiantly wouldn't trust the aliexpress guys but I emailed the shark people to see what they say about why they have the tablet when no one else does. I also asked them for a video review/unboxing (not to much to ask I think!)

#35 wurstt

wurstt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

It sounds weird, but trustworthy sellers on aliexpress should have some negative reviews but at least 90% positive and at least 300 reviews, better 1000+.
The reason is that sellers can choose which feedback from customers to appear. Of course you should click on the profiles of customers, too. If they look like bots or give more than 50 feedbacks to small sellers in a short period, it is scam.

So use your brain when you buy from aliexpress and you can save some money. It's a great website . 3 of my 3 orders arrived within 23 days

#36 max1001

max1001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

They probably got their pre production units. Not a good idea. Rushing to buy a China tab is never a good idea.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

#37 -=drew=-

-=drew=-

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Theres a new uploaded video in

#38 hazard_puppet

hazard_puppet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

either he is teasing or he didnt knew where the 'detail scores' button!

damn it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

#39 hazard_puppet

hazard_puppet

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

edited.....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by hazard_puppet, 19 February 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#40 pennred13

pennred13

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

Hi guy's
Just ordered Pipo M9 (RK3188) from Merimobiles. Was "live chating" with "John" and he claimed that they have 6 pices in stock and will ship it next friday.
Will let you know more as soon as recive my order.

cheers /pennred