Android Tablets Forum banner

[ROM] METROBLEACH CWM ZIP JELLYBEAN ANY RK3066

87K views 88 replies 28 participants last post by  felomzkie 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
METROBLEACH ROM​

LAST UPDATE JAN/25/13

THIS SHOULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY RK3066 JELLYBEAN DEVICE THAT HAS CWM RECOVERY ONLY.

TESTED ON MY N90FHD RETINA TABLET,CUBE U20GT,PIPO U1, AND ARE WORKING GOOD
Disclaimers!!!!!
USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!------ I'm NOT AN EXPERT -------IF YOU LIKE MY ROM HELP ME DONATING!!!!
--------------------------
BASED ON CUBE U30GT-H 2012-12-13 FIRMWARE
ROOTED
CHINESE APP GONE
TO LAUCHER (METRO & TREBUSHET)
ES EXPLORER
BUILD.PROP DEFAULT (MODIFIED CAUSE THE TABLET TO GET STUCK ON BOOT)

---------------------------
DOWNLOAD TEST

INSTALL AS NORMAL CWM RECOVERY ROM
-WIPE DATA FACTORY RESET
-FORMAT /SYSTEM
-WIPE DALVIK CACHE

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
N90fhd, 32GB:

Can confirm resolution of 2,000 x 1,550 Pixels and NO(!) RAM-bug in Metro-launcher. Frees up ~180MB all the time, if reduced in seconds. Does not go to zero anymore.
252-1608MHz CPU. Very responsive, no comparison to the stock firmware. Multitasking still not the best, but no lagging in line procedures.
Already Rooted (SuperSU).
Changing build.prop dpi to 203(looking great!) and 240 (rather clumsy) worked.

Bugs:
FC on Galerie & Camera
(alternative cam apps work with hardware though)
No data for Battery consumption per app in settings
Microfone not working (skype mute, google voice search not functionning...)

Comparism to HD Generick B6:
- Microphone runs.
- galerie and cams run with sound.
- a bit more laggy, but as responsive over all.
- one bar better Wifi reception(?)
- Resolution: 2,048 x 1,488 pixels @160 build.prop dpi
- Battery stats OK
- also no memory leak, frees up 240 MB easily all the time
- NEXUS 7 build.prop specs
- also rooted (with Superuser.apk).
- Holo launcher not really my favourite...

- to be continued...

----> it is easy to see, that Generick is the better path to move foreward with. Maybe insert Metro and stock launcher, ...

#4 ·
Hi,
I've used the Lunatic ROM, and it's worked fine until yesterday. Thanks!
But now it's just locking in the boot sequence, so I need to update.

Have tried to read the previous installation description of the newer ROMs, but not managed to get through it.
Can I help by writing an, if possible, clearer installation instruction?

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
OK, i was not precise: i meant "Generick ROM v6 - when flashed over an HD stock rom".
It is also referred to as "Ricks Retina Beta6", because he laft that number out, when he coded the Retina-Roms ;o)
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/39750-romgenerickmod-jb41cwmzip-for-pipo-u1max-m11/
@mongoose:
If you do not know, if you can use it or not, just try it and test. I do not know it, that is for sure.
@cholox...: no, the Mike is off. :) the much i like the fancy metro launcher, the more I like the flawless quality of the Generick v6.
@rick: please upload metro launcher apk for us to chose! Even better: do a mesh up of generickv6 and metrobleach. The white menus suite the white tablets well.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry to bother, I'm trying to understand how to flash this ROM (or Generick v6) after successfully installing CWM on my Hyundai X900 (using the correct parameter file from a Kasty X900 ROM).
After several unsuccessful attempts to install any CMW ROM (mostly because /system is not found among other partitions), I am wondering if it's possible to insert into a system.img the contents of the Generick V6 ROM from a Linux machine. The idea would be to recreate a new system.img which can be flashed to the tablet via RKAndroid tool.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#20 ·
Good it work on you tab.

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

#21 ·
Hi :)

This ROM works fine on my Chuwi V99, it's by far the quickest and smoothest ROM I've tried. Will you be doing a 'darkrickpr improved' ROM based on this one, darkrickpr?

I cracked the screen on my V99 last night, so I'm going to wait until the rk3188 retina tablets start coming out and get one of them. I was pretty upset, it was only two months old.

#22 ·
Any picture of the broken screen

#23 ·
Sure :)

Communication Device Gadget Mobile device Material property Font

Rectangle Mobile phone Communication Device Automotive exterior Triangle

My partner kicked it off the bed by accident and damaged the power switch (it still works, it's just squashed flush with the case now), so I took the case off to look at it. I realised I couldn't fix it so started to put the case back on, and it cracked in the corner. I was so angry with myself, but I figure getting a new screen will be around the same price as a new tablet, so I'll carry on using it (the screen still works fine) until the rk3188 tablets come out; the aoson m30 ultimate might fit the bill, but I do like the chuwi's build quality. I don't have much money so might have to settle for cheap. Do you think you'll build ROMs for the rk3188s? I hope the memory leak will be officially fixed by the time they come out, anyway.

Attachments

#24 ·
my generick v7 has memory leak fixed and another user made and script to be able to change the screen resolution to HD so its working now
maybe you could get and AlLwinner A31 like the NEXTWAY F9X is very cheap i brought one for modding:)

#26 ·
I really don't know but maybe could work

#28 ·
yes i think too the Rk3188 will be best but still very slow even a made my order on geekbuying but they told me that my nextway f9x was all fast so i'm thinkg to cancel it and wait. there now an rk3188 allready the cube but is 10.1 screen and i just like 9.7" like ipad style

#30 ·
nop rockchip has never release sourcecode for rk3066 let see how it goes with the rk3188

#32 ·
will try the patch and if it would will includ it on the metrobleach rom

#38 ·
Awesome

#40 · (Edited by Moderator)
Seems to work perfectly on the Ployer Momo7 Talent, aside from rotation seems to be off. I think it has something to do with build.prop, a line about fake rotation so I'll see if I can fix that in a moment

By the way, how far does this rom go? It seems to be much smoother than the stock rom but as far as I can see, you haven't changed loads of stuff? (unless you simply haven't listed everything)

Also, is there any chance of releasing this exact ROM, just with everything as stock, rather than the white customizations? (Something about the custom toolbar buttons at the bottom also really bugs me, I'd much rather have those as stock too
)

Edit - first bug, the stock gallery doesn't like my camera
It force quits

fixed the rotation problem, had to change ro.sf.hwrotation=270 to 180

The biggest bonus of this ROM for me is, the stock rom for the Talent lists MANY apps as incompatible, even after build.prop changes. I can now install many apps such as chrome and the wikipedia app, apps that should work (and do work) just fine can be installed with ease now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.