• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DarthJabba

DarthJabba

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hi all

I watched a clip on Youtube, which claims to be displaying a Jelly Bean firmware on the Teclast A15. I am not sure whether it is against forum rules to post the link - but here it is anyway ()

Does anyone know whether this is genuine, and, if so, where one can find this firmware?

Thanks.

#2 DarthJabba

DarthJabba

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Well, I did find a Jelly Bean ROM for the Teclast A15. I found it here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1903745

Right now, I am using Oma Jelly Bean 1.2.2, with a kernel compiled for the AirTab M91 (which, from what I can see, is exactly the same hardware as the A15 - I flashed the AirTab M91 ICS firmware before trying this JB ROM - and it worked fine - except that I had to figure out (in Russian) how to switch the language to English)). The kernel for the AirTab M91 is here: http://forum.xda-dev...1&postcount=696

There is a specific kernel for the A15, but I don't feel the need to flash again to use that.

NOTES:
A. Auto-rotate screen doesn't work, but, so far everything else seems to be working
B. The Oma JB firmware is rooted out of the box :-)
C. Antutu 3.1.1 seems to indicate that this firmware is faster than previous ones (3061, compared to 2751 in the Gingerbread and Ratto's ICS firmwares; see attached pics)

Here's a copy of the instructions that I followed (except that I skipped step 15);
DOWNLOAD 3 files:
1) Custom ROM
2) Kernel that fits your model
3) The MODEL FIX zip file for your model

THEN:
4. extract custom rom to desktop folder [note: I created a folder for all these downloads, and extracted the archives into that folder]
5. extract correct kernel to "rockdev/image/" (you can replace the existing kernel inside "rockdev/image" [in this case I used the AirTab M91 kernel.img to replace the original, and also the contents of the AirTab M91 "rockdev_update.img.7z" to replace the originals])
6. copy the MODEL FIX zip file to external microSD card and make sure it is INSERTED INTO TABLET

THEN:
7) Run by double clicking RKAndroidTool.exe (as Administrator)
8. Enter TABLET in Flash mode BY PRESSING RESET with needle and holding down VOL -
9. INSERT USB CABLE to PC and TABLET
10. RKAndroidTool.exe will say FOUND RKAndroid device
11. Tick LOADER
12. Click on ERASE IDB
13. Click RUN
14. After it does its job, it automatically reboots the TABLET into CWM Recovery
15. Install by CWM the MODEL FIX located in the EXTERNAL SD, which you have inserted inside the TABLET in step 6 [I skipped this step and went straight to step 16]
16. Reboot by CWM
17. Let it boot in peace.... first boot takes longer, let it stay for 10 minutes
18. Start using it and Enjoy

As usual, all disclaimers apply. This worked for me (and I have experience with changing ROMs) - your mileage may vary. If you trash your tablet, don't look at me.

Attached Files

Edited by DarthJabba, 05 February 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#3 samanyolu

samanyolu

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

the new firmware works fine, but the performance is not as good.

The benchmark test, I only reached the 1300th

#4 DarthJabba

DarthJabba

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

the new firmware works fine, but the performance is not as good.

The benchmark test, I only reached the 1300th

That is seriously off. It should be at least double that (with Antutu 3.x). I would imagine that something has gone awry.

By the way, I eventually returned to a Teclast kernel - the M91 kernel proved troublesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users