Photo

Ainol Novo Hero 10 Tips&Tricks (maludroid's notes)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Englishman Abroard

Englishman Abroard

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

I've just purchased my Novo 10 Hero running stock firmware build 30308v1
With all my other devices I've had to root first before installing custom ROM's, is the Novo 10 rooted out of the box?
What exactly is meant by enable all root options in ES file manager, can anybody list options I should enable?

I don't want to change my firmware but I do want the Samsung Tab 10.1 profile so I can install all my paid for apps.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

UPDATE

Fixed it. Yes it is rooted out of the box.

Easier to flash the NOBLOAT 30308v1 rom which come with the tab 10.1 profile as default.

Edited by Englishman Abroard, 15 May 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#22 Gothic4

Gothic4

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Will this fixes work for overmax steelcore 10+? This have the same parameter than ainol 10 hero. Anyone tested it on this tablet?

#23 massmurderer

massmurderer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

its rooted out of the box so just use ES explorer to remove the Chinese bloatware.

#24 aSalim

aSalim

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:48 AM

Can anyone tell me what bootloader this device uses? I'm having the hardest time getting fastboot to work on the Ainol devices

#25 Mike911

Mike911

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

Hello,

I've bought an Ainol Novo 10 Hero from an colleague, the tablet was working fine. The firmware/build was 1219 android 4.1.1.

It seems that some apps didn't work with 4.1.1. 

So I've got the idea to flash him to Cyanogenmod 10.1.

The steps i have made to this far.....

download 0128 stock rom to downgrade to (i think it was necessary) 

Format an 4GB SD card to Fat32 

Put the files from the 0128 rom zipfile to the root of the SD card

Put the SD card into the tablet.

Start the tablet with my fingers on the power an volume- button.

The tablet crashes/sleeps/didn't react to anything

So when't a little bit in panic, i searched for an solution an came to " HOW TO unbrick AINOL NOVO10 HERO (Dualcore)" from zelenij & Nikola_n.

Most will know the solution, i had to attach my computer to the tablet and take some steps and got my screen back. Then the manual says i had to do an formatted sd card in the tablet pc en my computer 'sends' the 1115 rom files to the sd card. Then i had to power of the tablet from the twrp menu, and disconnect the USB cable. Then i had to put back on the tablet and after (the manual says 2 minutes) 30 sec the stock recovery start. First i had to do the necessary wipes and then select the firmware an gapps. When is select first the firmware the tablet gives,

install /sdcard ...

finding update package...

opening update package...

verifying update package...

installation aborted.

Now i sit here, in the Netherlands with an Ainol Novo 10 Hero without ROM and it only boots up to android system recovery 3e. I'have downloaded many stock and other ROM. Sometimes the tablet won't boot with an ROM on the SD card. All the other times i get "installation aborted'.

I hope that someone can help me.

Friendly regards,

Mike