• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 3ndymion

3ndymion

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

@ 3ndymion - I'm like 99% sure that you can not decompile a kernel, you have to build it from source. You can unpack a uImage or boot.img and edit the ramdisk though. If you find out otherwise let me know.

With all the studying I've been doing, I understand why you say that now. Too bad we don't have the source code yet. If we were to take the kernel source code from one of the other similar tabs, extract the proprietary drivers from the batch 3, & compile them, that should work, & even solve the problem of the screen, g-sensor, & camera, no???

#22 3ndymion

3ndymion

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

It's pretty clear actually, I have two devices, the only difference is the nand chip(s) used, I've tried booting older kernels on the device which this doesn't work on, it just doesn't find any nand, so the problem here is it needs an updated driver.

I'm still learning about this... when the bootloader first sets up, doesn't it autodetect the NAND chip & information on it, like how big it is??? Then, it's supposed to pass that information to the kernel when it loads it up so the kernel can use it, no??? Or does this work differently???

#23 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

I think your description of the bootloader makes sense. You can use the ELF2 Kernel source code to compile a kernel for the Crystal, it just takes some work.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!