Using the M3 when it's charging

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SiMania

SiMania

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

Hi, has anyone had issues with the touchscreen not responding as expected when this device is charging?

If it's charging and I use the touchscreen, it responds as if I've touched a different part of the screen, but as soon as I remove the charger, it works again.

I've also been advised that the M3 should be on standby when it's being charged, and is not supposed to be used when charging, thoughts?

#2 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

I've used my M3 3G several times when charging, which firmware version do you have ? I recall reading about this issue a while back, but was fixed later on. If its not firmware it could be the charger itself, I've seen people report that their issues disappeared after changing their chineese charger with a more reliable one.

#3 SiMania

SiMania

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I've used my M3 3G several times when charging, which firmware version do you have ? I recall reading about this issue a while back, but was fixed later on. If its not firmware it could be the charger itself, I've seen people report that their issues disappeared after changing their chineese charger with a more reliable one.

It's this one - Posted Image

Interesting you says you find it ok as the guy from ########### I got it from said he's been selling android tablets for ages and they all do this!

I've got a better charger on the way, hopefully that will sort it.

#4 bmamo

bmamo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Mine does that too. tried different firmwares and different chargers too. M3 3G. I just let it rest until it gets a charge and then forget about it when i unclip the charger. Bettery is very good takes quite a while to discharge!

#5 SiMania

SiMania

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:57 AM

Mine does that too. tried different firmwares and different chargers too. M3 3G. I just let it rest until it gets a charge and then forget about it when i unclip the charger. Bettery is very good takes quite a while to discharge!

That's what I do, it's not normally a problem unless I have very long days where I'm travelling 4-5 hours, at meetings then 4-5 hours back so need to charge it near the end of the second leg of my journey.

Other than that it's a great tablet.

#6 Lord Ratson

Lord Ratson

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Just wanna share my experience on this issue. At first I manage to use the tablet while charging functions a bit normal. But one time it did the same issue that the touchscreen does not function normally while charging. Yesterday I tried it out again but to my surprise it was working well again. I think there are some hiccups on this issue I guess.

#7 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Just a question, have you done the touchscreen fix ? The one where the screen touch function ceases to work and you need to solder a diode on. I bought 2 Pipo M3 3G's and both work fine while charging, only one of them had the screen die on me and I had to open it up & solder the diode, but afterwards touch is working fine again even during charging, though I haven't used it as much since.

My guess is if you haven't applied the fix, then that could be your solution. The reason the screen stops working is due to a problem of voltage supply to the screen. From what I understood it needs to be 15V when the screen is on, if its higher or lower the screen ceases to function. Clearly Pipo scrimped on the board's hardware & that voltage supply isn't very reliable. Perhaps when your charging it, it alters the voltage supply of the screen causing it to malfunction until the power is unplugged.

#8 SiMania

SiMania

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

No I've not applied the diode fix yet. Will perhaps give it a try this week.

#9 bayhog

bayhog

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

I just got a M3 and worked great until I I had to charge it. I plugged it in and when it said charged 100% i unplugged it and it went dead. Now i can only use it with the AC charger plugged in and the battery says fully charged. Anyone have any ideas on this issue

thanks

#10 SiMania

SiMania

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Just a question, have you done the touchscreen fix ? The one where the screen touch function ceases to work and you need to solder a diode on. I bought 2 Pipo M3 3G's and both work fine while charging, only one of them had the screen die on me and I had to open it up & solder the diode, but afterwards touch is working fine again even during charging, though I haven't used it as much since.

My guess is if you haven't applied the fix, then that could be your solution. The reason the screen stops working is due to a problem of voltage supply to the screen. From what I understood it needs to be 15V when the screen is on, if its higher or lower the screen ceases to function. Clearly Pipo scrimped on the board's hardware & that voltage supply isn't very reliable. Perhaps when your charging it, it alters the voltage supply of the screen causing it to malfunction until the power is unplugged.

Just to update you on this, I tried the diode fix - but it had already been done, there was a small diode in place, very professionally done, looks like it was perhaps done in a factory That will explain why I haven't had the same touchscreen issues as others.

#11 joku131

joku131

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Just to update you on this, I tried the diode fix - but it had already been done, there was a small diode in place, very professionally done, looks like it was perhaps done in a factory That will explain why I haven't had the same touchscreen issues as others.

You did not happen to take any photos, of how it was done?
It might be interesting to see photos from inside of different units, produced at different times, to see the evolution and possible changes they make.

I just recieved my M3 wi-fi (no 3G), two days ago and the screen was working in the beginning, though I did notice it was perhaps not responding to all the touches... but then again, neither is my Samsung galaxy S3 phone...

Then I left the M3 to charge the battery and when I returned to it, the screen no longer responded. I left the unit to stay on for the night and yesterday evening when trying, the screen noticed a "swipe with full hand" as an indication to take a screen capture... but nothing more.

I'll propably be opening it soon. I'll then post some pictures from the inside.

#12 SiMania

SiMania

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Sorry I didn't take a photo, but if I ever need to open it up again I will.

#13 01101110110110

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

perhaps if this fix was done by the same company they still used inferior diodes ? The touchscreen not working problem is definitely caused by the diode, dunno about while recharging but out of charge it should work. Perhaps measure the voltage reaching the screen and see if its actually 15v as reported in the fix topic ? If something else is tampering with that voltage supply it stands to reason you'd see the same side-effects.

#14 SiMania

SiMania

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Mine works fine when it's not charging, always has apart from one isolated incident which I'm inclined to believe wasn't related.

#15 Uttam S

Uttam S

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBangalore

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

I am also facing this issue and I read elsewhere that this is due to charger.

You can also enable 'Show Touches' option under Settings>Developer options and you will find then during charging, when you touch at one place, there are simultaneous ghost touches at several other places on the screen resulting to unpredictable behavior.

Try getting a new good quality charger of the same specs: 9v and 2.5A or better.

Kind Regards,
Uttam

#16 SiMania

SiMania

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

Any idea where to get one? I got one from ########### but it was poor, it wouldn't stay in the tablet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users