719 replies to this topic

#1 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hyundai is the first to provide a QuadCore 7" Tablet on ChinaMID market with their debut of Hyundai T7 Tablet which really looks like a huge Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone but its not because it lacks Phone function and 2G/3G connectivity. It is using Samsung's Exynos 4412 QuadCore 1.4GHz Cortex-A9 processor with a QuadCore Mali400 graphics. Paired with 1GB of DDR3 RAM and 8GB of Storage with ability to extend upto 32GB using microSDCard, it'll definitely going to kick some 7" DualCore Tablets that are available to market.

Not to mention that it have a built-in Bluetooth Connectivity and A-GPS that is very helpful to most of us. It also have a Dual-Camera with 0.3MP in Front and 2.0MP with LED Flash at the back, quite decent enough for everyday use like video chatting with friends or capturing events or photos of friends. Although the LED Flash won't surely help much on very dark rooms or at night.

It is available at an Online Store based in Shenzhen China for a good low price of US$165.99 including a world-wide free shipping.

Posted Image

The screen is a beautiful HD-720p screen with 1280x800 pixel resolution and together with the IPS Technology, it'll surely becomes more beautiful with vivid, crisp colours in a very wide viewing angles. I believe, Hyundai is using the same Scratch Resist/Proof Glass Screen that most of the ChinaMID brands like Ainol are using. It maybe be good enough even without a special screen protector but keep in mind that it is still a breakable glass screen and is not as tough like Gorilla Glass.

There is nothing much else on the front except for the Home Button and 0.3MP Front Facing Camera. It currently runs on IceCreamSandwich 4.0.4 OS but as I read on the information, JellyBean 4.2 OS for this Tablet is on its way and soon to arrive. Hopefully it isn't just a propaganda.

Posted Image

At the back, we have here the 2.0MP Rear Facing Camera and on its side is the LED Flash and Monofiring LoudSpeaker. Very good decision to really copy the Galaxy S3 design, it is considered as one of the sexiest design on Android market and having it on a Tablet will surely makes other people to wonder what the hell Samsung product are you holding at. LoL, guess that won't work as the "Hyundai" brand name is at the back as-well.

On the bottom, there goes the complete Interface ports that a Tablet must have like a micro-USB with Host function, a mini-HDMI or maybe micro-HDMI out which is good, at-least it can be used as Media Player while connected at a much larger TV Panel. A standard 2.5mm Wall Charger port and 3.5mm Audio port is there as-well and ofcourse the microSDCard slot that supports upto 32GB of expansion storage.

The only CONS so far is the Batter Capacity. It has a 3000mAh and is only rated to operate upto 4hrs of Movie Playback and 3D Gaming. However, some device with Exynos 4412 chipset is proven to last longer with a normal Internet Browsing and Audio Playback. Just give me a full 6hrs of Battery Life on Web Browsing and I'll be good on that. But of-course we do hope that some company will copy this design and put a much larger Battery Capacity on it, like for example at-least 4000mAh capacity.

Thanks for reading...

#2 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Thanks ivanz,

Wow, great spec and value. Like an overgrown Galaxy S3 and only 166 usd.

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#3 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hi,
Here are 2 videos :

I've ordered one to replace my ainol novo aurora. It is on its way to France. I will give a review once I receive it. I found that pandawill will sell an adapted cover case.

http://www.pandawill...-t7-p71580.html
Cheers

Edited by bach0405, 31 January 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#4 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

Thanks bach0405,

Looking forawrd to your review :good:

Jez
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#5 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

I just received it this morning
quite responsive with good wifi strength
no cracking
I am writing this post with it.
I will make a full review in 2 weeks only, too busy to do it now.

Coud you please create a sub topic for this tiny toy? I think it will have some success.

cheers

#6 pk76

pk76

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

Hi, today i will get T7 too so i will give here some info later.

#7 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

already rooted with exynos abuse apk, bye bye chinese apps ! and camera still working.
antutu =14700, not bad at all

#8 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

already rooted with exynos abuse apk, bye bye chinese apps ! and camera still working.

Sounds promising.

#9 johnnyblades

johnnyblades

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

How's the battery life?? Looks like the only weak spot in the specifications...

#10 pastaox

pastaox

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Hello,

My tablet was working fine until now.

But today I tried to rebooted it and it remains blocked at the bootlogo.

I have try to reset with the reset button or wipe data cache in the recovery but still not work

You have information to flash or do something?

Edited by pastaox, 13 February 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#11 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

did you try to hold the reset button about 30s, and then apply the power button? I had to do it , since my device didn't want to wake up from sleep. Check also if you have a full charged battery.

Cheers

#12 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

How's the battery life?? Looks like the only weak spot in the specifications...

It is not very good , about 4 hours?. I have also a problem of power consumption during sleep. It seems that the power is still active even if I deactivate it manually or deactivate in the settings / wifi / advanced / wifi shutdown during sleep. There may be an app to fix it, wifi fixer or juice defender.

Cheers

#13 chancs

chancs

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

It is not very good , about 4 hours?. I have also a problem of power consumption during sleep. It seems that the power is still active even if I deactivate it manually or deactivate in the settings / wifi / advanced / wifi shutdown during sleep. There may be an app to fix it, wifi fixer or juice defender.

Cheers

I also get this one and find that the screen is good but battery not long.

#14 d3n1s

d3n1s

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

hello,
i've just received this tablet. It seems good except battery. You can root it with exynos abuse from chainfire at xda developpers. After, it is possible to uninstall chinese apk. You can also overclock or underclock the cpu with setcpu for example. governors, frequencies, and voltage are avalaible with the stock kernel. Be carreful, don't set the new frequencies on boot because if the tablet doesn't accept it, you may have bootloops.
  • norbee007 likes this

#15 renmca

renmca

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Hello,

My tablet was working fine until now.

But today I tried to rebooted it and it remains blocked at the bootlogo.

I have try to reset with the reset button or wipe data cache in the recovery but still not work

You have information to flash or do something?

I had that with mine too after one week. I read online from other cheap chinese tablet forum, it is probably caused by the stcok 360 protect apps.

Here is how I fix it:

1. Long press the reset hole for over 5sec at least (Tablet should not reboot when release, otherwise T7 will loop into bootlogo again)
2. Hold VolumeUP and Power button together till you see the Android avatar
3. Release buttons, system will boot into Recovery mode
you will see the menu:
- reboot system now
- install zip from sdcard
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- apply update from cache
4. Use VolumeUp/VolumeDown to navigate the menu, double press Power to execute selected item
5. Do wipe data and wipe cache, then reboot
6. T7 should be reset to factory status but boot in Chinese by default (take longer than normal, about 90sec first time).
You need be able to read Chinese or with your Chinese friend's help to change default language to English or others you can understand
7. Download and install ExynosAbuse and root the T7 (as bach0405 said, thanks bach). You can leave the Chinese apps or get rid of them)

Edited by renmca, 19 February 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#16 renmca

renmca

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

But now my T7 has video play issue after root. I can't play any videos, local or online stream (youtube) from any video player. App crashes or T7 reboot. And wifi is not connection after reboot. Have to reboot again to get wifi work.

#17 pastaox

pastaox

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

I had that with mine too after one week. I read online from other cheap chinese tablet forum, it is probably caused by the stcok 360 protect apps.

Here is how I fix it:

1. Long press the reset hole for over 5sec at least (Tablet should not reboot when release, otherwise T7 will loop into bootlogo again)
2. Hold VolumeUP and Power button together till you see the Android avatar
3. Release buttons, system will boot into Recovery mode
you will see the menu:
- reboot system now
- install zip from sdcard
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- apply update from cache
4. Use VolumeUp/VolumeDown to navigate the menu, double press Power to execute selected item
5. Do wipe data and wipe chche, then reboot
6. T7 should be reset to factory status but boot in Chinese by default (take longer than normal, about 90sec first time).
You need be able to read Chinese or with your Chinese friend's help to change default language to English or oterhs you can understand
7. Download and install ExynosAbuse and root the T7 (as bach0405 said, thanks bach). You can leave the Chinese apps or get rid of them)

Thanks a lot, i test it tommorow because Pandawill did not send adapter charger...

And my tablet not charging via USB when it's extinct....

Edited by pastaox, 17 February 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#18 pastaox

pastaox

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

renmac it doesn't work for me... :'(

I have make a wipe data and wipe cache but nothing...

I have waiting 1 hour, the tablet is still blocked

#19 renmca

renmca

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Sorry to hear that, pastaox.

You can try it again, make sure wipes are executed correctly, you should see messages say data wiped..., then reboot from the menu.

Also hyundai-digital.cn has released the new firmware, you can give it a try.

http://www.hyundai-d...d.asp?ClassID=1

#20 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSpain...under sun

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Sorry to hear that, pastaox.

You can try it again, make sure wipes are executed correctly, you should see messages say data wiped..., then reboot from the menu.

Also hyundai-digital.cn has released the new firmware, you can give it a try.

http://www.hyundai-d...d.asp?ClassID=1

Hi, from Spain :rolleyes:

I saw this new release, now are download

Any idea about changes?