• Please log in to reply
907 replies to this topic

#1 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

I will post here some videos or some pictures.

Ok here is the first video. Sorry, it is not the best quality. If you have any question, just ask.

Edited by mml78, 21 January 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#2 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Forgot to say: it comes whith 5-Jan-2013 firmware. I will test it after update to the last version (16-Jan-2013)

#3 astrayred

astrayred

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Is it me or is the shape of the tablet really weird? It looks like a perfect square...

Edit: IT'S A TRANSFORMING TABLET! IT CHANGED SHAPE FROM A SQUARE TO A RECTANGLE AT 4:20 OF YOUR VIDEO O.o :rofl:

Edited by astrayred, 21 January 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#4 Negen

Negen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

have you found any cases that fit this tablet. Not those generic adjustable cases but any case that can fit this tablet. Something similar to this.
Posted Image

#5 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

have you found any cases that fit this tablet. Not those generic adjustable cases but any case that can fit this tablet. Something similar to this.
Posted Image

No, i dont and i thing it will be very difficult to find one like this. Usually we can fin compatible leather cases in the same sites we buy this tablets.

#6 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Is it me or is the shape of the tablet really weird? It looks like a perfect square...

Edit: IT'S A TRANSFORMING TABLET! IT CHANGED SHAPE FROM A SQUARE TO A RECTANGLE AT 4:20 OF YOUR VIDEO O.o :rofl:

Trying to do my best, its a video problem. Tablet is a perfect 9.7'' (ipad like)

#7 Sambaaa

Sambaaa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hi! I've bought the same tablet and I'm waiting it to be shipped. Can you already say anything about battery life? How does it behave while surfing in the web? Does it have any lag while handling big PDF files?

Thank you in advance!

#8 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Hi! I've bought the same tablet and I'm waiting it to be shipped. Can you already say anything about battery life? How does it behave while surfing in the web? Does it have any lag while handling big PDF files?

Thank you in advance!

Will try this things today at night. now i cant. but for what i see is good. But i need more time.

Edited by mml78, 21 January 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#9 memories

memories

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Will try this things today at night. now i cant. but for what i see is good. But i need more time.

Please keep us posted.. I too I'm really interested..
Was originally gonna go for Onda but had to take a step due to the
battery life problems..

#10 Negen

Negen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

how is the screen quality?
http://www.shenzhenp...ands-on-review/
In this review they claim the screen is not so great. But I have learned from buying multiple china tablets in the past that it could be a quality control issue with this reviewer.

#11 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

how is the screen quality?
http://www.shenzhenp...ands-on-review/
In this review they claim the screen is not so great. But I have learned from buying multiple china tablets in the past that it could be a quality control issue with this reviewer.

Very good screen quality (ipad like)
Updated firmware to 16-Jan-2013 and it feels a litle more faster. Antuntu gives now 11500 score.
Can read 1080p files whithout any problem and it opens pdf's very well.
System boot is fast.
Nova Launcher works very well in this tablet.
Overall construct quality is very good (better than the previous retina Chuwi v99 dual core).
Tools to update this Chuwi V99 Quad Core and for the Onda v972 are differents and they dont accept the firmware from the other :( Maybe someone can find a soluction).
I believe whith time they will improve even better the firmware and we will obtain better scores and better stability.
Forget to say about the battery: 6 hours (internet browsing, instal a lot of apk's and video...)

Edited by mml78, 21 January 2013 - 06:36 PM.

#12 rutger85

rutger85

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

What can you say about battery-life at this moment. I am thinking of ordering this device, but battery-life can be a deal-breaker!

Edited by rutger85, 21 January 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#13 choloxinzo

choloxinzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Can you confirm the dimensions? Because when i bought in preorder aliexpress seller say Ultra thin 9.3mm but now he has changed the annoument to 12mm Oo is it so big? 9000 maH was the problem i think....

#14 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Can you confirm the dimensions? Because when i bought in preorder aliexpress seller say Ultra thin 9.3mm but now he has changed the annoument to 12mm Oo is it so big? 9000 maH was the problem i think....

9.8mm

#15 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

What can you say about battery-life at this moment. I am thinking of ordering this device, but battery-life can be a deal-breaker!

I believe 6-6.5h. No more than that, i think. In time they will improve firmaware and maybe we will have more battery.

#16 choloxinzo

choloxinzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Have it got SD mode as Chuwi Dual Core? And dimensions when you compare your two chuwis are same yes? I say because in a lot of websites they say 11.6 or 12mm and im afraid :(
Can you send update link and tools? I will get mine tomorrow.
And where you bought?

#17 choloxinzo

choloxinzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I believe 6-6.5h. No more than that, i think. In time they will improve firmaware and maybe we will have more battery.

Can you upload firmware to mediafire? Becuase i cant download here http://kuai.xunlei.c...BwPbAQCCpPdQc63
i need a client for windows and im in Mac now :(

#18 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

Can you upload firmware to mediafire? Becuase i cant download here http://kuai.xunlei.c...BwPbAQCCpPdQc63
i need a client for windows and im in Mac now :(

Theres no SD mode. Only works in 2048x1546. Dimensions are exactly the same as Dual core Chuwi v99. If you have a case for the Chuwi v99 Dual Core (Cube ugt5, Visture 4HD, Yuandao N90 FHD, Hiundai Play x...) it will be compatible with this new Chuwi v99 Quad Core.

#19 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:28 AM

Have it got SD mode as Chuwi Dual Core? And dimensions when you compare your two chuwis are same yes? I say because in a lot of websites they say 11.6 or 12mm and im afraid :(
Can you send update link and tools? I will get mine tomorrow.
And where you bought?

Bought mine from banggood .com They post it very, very fast. This week i expect another from Eternal team, they are so slow to post...:( (so if enyone want's it just send me a private message, will sell it for the same price)
Will try to post the firmware and tools and i will post here late.

#20 mml78

mml78

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Here is the link to Chuwi v99 Quad Core firmware from 16-Jan-2013

http:// www. 4shared .com /rar/epSJ9Zqo/V99-0116.html

(remove the spaces)