moumou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

This topic is for the this device:
Posted Image
http://www.timingpow...android-mini-pc

Advantages: it has audio out and seem to me of better facture (sturdy) than the two only others rk3066 sticks I know that have analog output: b12/NX003-II and mk806/ak806/mp802...

The manufacturer has already drop a couple of new firmware update on its website and has made it available from there. It also is available on amazon/US/UK.

Related link:
Video:
http://armdevices.ne...bers-store-now/

Others:
http://www.engadget....ni-pc-hands-on/
http://www.pcworld.c...ndroid-4-1.html

Edited by moumou, 19 January 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#2 wahwhat

wahwhat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Look very nice. Its release in october ?

whats the latest price on this dual core one ?

care to update ?

Thanks

This topic is for the this device:
Posted Image
http://www.timingpow...android-mini-pc

Advantages: it has audio out and seem to me of better facture (sturdy) than the two only others rk3066 sticks I know that have analog output: b12/NX003-II and mk806/ak806/mp802...

The manufacturer has already drop a couple of new firmware update on its website and has made it available from there. It also is available on amazon/US/UK.

Related link:
Video:
http://armdevices.ne...bers-store-now/

Others:
http://www.engadget....ni-pc-hands-on/
http://www.pcworld.c...ndroid-4-1.html

#3 moumou

moumou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Wherever I see it, it's always 55 + 5$ shipping.

#4 wahwhat

wahwhat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

I see Thanks.

will this be better than the MK808 ?

#5 Newton_Adl

Newton_Adl

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

This only comes with 4GB of in built memory (the lowest).

Why is this better than the MK802 III or MK302 IIIs?

#6 moumou

moumou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

I did not received it yet. But main point is audio out with bluetooth. The manufacturer told me quality build very good. As I can see in reviews of mk802 iii it feels somewhat cheap. Well I don't want to tell much since I did not try it yet. But from my own experiences, Dick's support has nothing to do with others...

I make some kind of review when I'll get it. By the way I am not affiliate with him. I was just waiting for a rk3066 with audio out and that looks good. Mk806 w/o BT dix mot conviced me totally. That's all. Time will tell...

Edited by moumou, 22 January 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#7 Newton_Adl

Newton_Adl

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

I make some kind of review when I'll get it. By the way I am not affiliate with him. I was just waiting for a rk3066 with audio out and that looks good. Mk806 w/o BT dix mot conviced me totally. That's all. Time will tell...

Thanks - Look forward to your review...

#8 sam3

sam3

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

now mk808 already out go to ########### search : mini pc

#9 Lew

Lew

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

I see Thanks.

will this be better than the MK808 ?

For one thing, it has builtin Bluetooth.

#10 Lew

Lew

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

I did not received it yet. But main point is audio out with bluetooth. The manufacturer told me quality build very good. As I can see in reviews of mk802 iii it feels somewhat cheap. Well I don't want to tell much since I did not try it yet. But from my own experiences, Dick's support has nothing to do with others...

Just got mine yesterday. Watching Netflix now. Sound is much better than it is on my Window box and don't need a separate audio cable. Connected easily to the BT keyboard and mouse I already have for my HP Touchpad. Also, the extra HP TP PSU I had on hand works well.

I'm now waiting to see how to Dual-boot a Linux distro. :yahoo:

#11 moumou

moumou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'm now waiting to see how to Dual-boot a Linux distro. :yahoo:

Glad to hear your feedback! I am interested into the same (linux boot). BTW where did you buy it and how long did it take to be ship at your place?

And how you find form factor and sturdiness?

Please keep us update

Edited by moumou, 05 February 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#12 Lew

Lew

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

This only comes with 4GB of in built memory (the lowest).

Why is this better than the MK802 III or MK302 IIIs?

Who cares about only 4gb of internal when you have a micro SD slot? And it is better because it has built in Bluetooth and HDMI sound.

#13 Lew

Lew

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Glad to hear your feedback! I am interested into the same (linux boot). BTW where did you buy it and how long did it take to be ship at your place?

And how you find form factor and sturdiness?

Please keep us update

I bought mine directly from Dick Chan. dickhfchan@timingpower.com It shipped from China but arrived in only about a week rather than the three or four that usually take. Even with the full case, it is still about half size of a pack of cigs and seems well built. I don't like the micro USB PSU plug but that is the one chosen for most devices. I problems with both my HP TP and my Raspberry Pi with that connector. Barely touch the cable and cause disconnect.

#14 Dick Chan

Dick Chan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

I bought mine directly from Dick Chan. dickhfchan@timingpower.com It shipped from China but arrived in only about a week rather than the three or four that usually take. Even with the full case, it is still about half size of a pack of cigs and seems well built. I don't like the micro USB PSU plug but that is the one chosen for most devices. I problems with both my HP TP and my Raspberry Pi with that connector. Barely touch the cable and cause disconnect.

Hi Lew,

Thanks for reminding me this forum.

I switched the suppliers of USB PSU and micro USB. The cost is up 50%. Anyway, I think it worths.

#15 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,257 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Hi Lew,

I switched the suppliers of USB PSU and micro USB. The cost is up 50%. Anyway, I think it worths.

:) Hello Dick Chan,

Thank you for signing up to support your device. :good:

Your community participation and cooperation are appreciated. Please be aware of the SLD forum rules linked here: http://www.slatedroi...65-forum-rules/ or in my signature.

Have fun...
Cheers :drinks: ...and welcome to SlateDroid.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#16 Lew

Lew

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hi Lew,

Dick;
I wasn't complaining about the particular cable/plug on your device. I've just had a lot of trouble with that *type* of connector on other devices.

Glad to see you on the forum. Since you're here, I can go ahead and ask the question about dual booting Linux on the Mini. Has anyone done it yet? Will Moboot work on it?

Thanks
Lew

#17 moofree

moofree

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Got mine today. Seems good so far. Haven't tried to install picuntu yet; the fact that this has an RK903 would preclude wifi from working at the moment.
Edit: Put the picuntu kernel on the recovery partition and the root filesystem on a 64gb microsdxc, and it seems to work fine.
I'll have to find an asix usb ethernet adapter to further test it.

Here's some pics. Looks mostly identical to the board in the video, but this is V1.2 rather than 1.0.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The open 24-pin header below the RK3066 is intriguing...

Edited by moofree, 10 February 2013 - 03:37 AM.

Motorola Atrix 2, HP Touchpad, HP Pre 3, Kindle Fire, JXD S601, UG802, Nook Color, LG Nexus 4

#18 moumou

moumou

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Indeed. What kind of flex could go there?

Thanks for your pics mate.

#19 moofree

moofree

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Found my asix usb ethernet adapter so I finally got around to configuring picuntu.
It seems to work well with the normal kernel.
For giggles, I also tried olegk0's mk808 kernel, which sadly didn't want to boot.

Some of the power functionality is backwards with my device.
Shutting down, either from android or Ubuntu, reboots the system into android. Choosing to reboot (also either from android or in ubuntu) effectively shuts the system down- though the power light stays on.
Motorola Atrix 2, HP Touchpad, HP Pre 3, Kindle Fire, JXD S601, UG802, Nook Color, LG Nexus 4

#20 fatwolverine

fatwolverine

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

@moofree

Did you use the standard Picuntu kernel from the Picuntu homepage? Or some other development build?