• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ztdz

ztdz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:03 AM

Hello everyone.

Everything works fine on tablet, except one thing: the battery indicator always shows as if it is on charge, though it is not plugged. It is a kind of disturbing.

I tried to calibrate battery, but it didn't help; factory reset didn't solve my problem too.
Do you have any ideas?

#2 MrT2

MrT2

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

What firmware is your tablet running and/or has it been running (if several versions)? If it is still the one when you bought it, you might want to try a newer one.

#3 ztdz

ztdz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

What firmware is your tablet running and/or has it been running (if several versions)? If it is still the one when you bought it, you might want to try a newer one.

I updated firmware, now I am using official 1219 FW (before it was stock 1115).
Tried to do factory reset, but it didn't help.

#4 ztdz

ztdz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

I also found this manual:
http://www.slatedroi...63#entry454563/
But it doesn't help (when I type a command in the terminal it shows that "no such file or directory").

I guess, I understood why it didn't help, it's because paths on different devices are different, but after this comment (link) I am not sure that it might be safe.

Edited by ztdz, 18 January 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#5 ztdz

ztdz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

Maybe someone could adapt the instruction from the link above for our device?

Edited by ztdz, 18 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#6 Tzul

Tzul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

I tried to calibrate battery, but it didn't help;

Of course that didn't help, because you cannot calibrate the battery, especially not by deleting Android's batterystats.bin file (which is what those "calibration" apps do).

Do you have any ideas?

You could try opening the tablet (only do that if you feel comfortable with the idea and don't mind potentially losing your warranty). Then unplug the battery for a while (it's not soldered as in previous tablets, so that's convenient).
Maybe that'll help.

Maybe someone could adapt the instruction from the link above for our device?

The "echo B820 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg" stuff directly accesses hardware registers of the AXP202 power management chip. The Hero 1 does not use this chip, so this won't work.

Edited by Tzul, 19 January 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#7 ztdz

ztdz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

The "echo B820 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg" stuff directly accesses hardware registers of the AXP202 power management chip. The Hero 1 does not use this chip, so this won't work.

What if change paths and names, can it help?

You could try opening the tablet

Well, I am not afraid to lose warranty, but a little afraid to break the tablet that it will not work after I make it back.

Maybe it is the only way... :(

Edited by ztdz, 19 January 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#8 ztdz

ztdz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Well, I tried to pull the battery plug out... It didn't help, unfortunately.
Nevertheless, thanks for help ;)

#9 faysalmir

faysalmir

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:46 AM

i also have the same problem...please helm me guyz

#10 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I ran into this problem early on in the development of my ROM. I'm not sure exactly what caused it but there were issues with the framework-res. To fix it I followed all the steps in the automated CM10 install thread, including the two flashes of the 1a.factoryromresets.zip in the first step. The battery icon was working in CM10 after that. Of course now I'm using my own Anti-Hero ROM with the 1% battery mod and that works fine as well.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#11 bajie23

bajie23

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I ran into this problem early on in the development of my ROM. I'm not sure exactly what caused it but there were issues with the framework-res. To fix it I followed all the steps in the automated CM10 install thread, including the two flashes of the 1a.factoryromresets.zip in the first step. The battery icon was working in CM10 after that. Of course now I'm using my own Anti-Hero ROM with the 1% battery mod and that works fine as well.

First time i've heard of the factoryromreset.zip.. sir fuser, do you think it help solve g sensor issue? Will that zip reset the driver for the bma chip?

#12 ant-uk

ant-uk

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationDerbyshire - England

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

First time i've heard of the factoryromreset.zip.. sir fuser, do you think it help solve g sensor issue? Will that zip reset the driver for the bma chip?

No, it doesn't work. I tried a long time ago.

#13 GPL

GPL

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

My Novo 10 Hero has the same problem too. Sometime ago it started to show the battery indicator all the time. I would not mind if it was just the problem of the wrong indication but I’ve also seen that when I “Power Off” the tablet it completely discharges from 100% to 0% in several hours, as shown on the screenshots, and that is really a problem. (When the tablet is in sleep mode it discharges about 1.5& per hour).
Since then I have flashed several different FWs, from the original 1219 to 0308, to Bloatfree 0308, to 1115, to CM10. I have opened the tablet and checked inside, everything looks OK, no loose connectors, no cold soldering joints, no visibly broken components. I have taken the battery connector out for a while and plug it in again.
No luck, all the above operations have not resolved the problems.
If you would advise something else to help, I would be very pleased to try it before I send the tablet back for repair.

Attached Files