• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Hey guys! So i recently got a Aniol HERO I and thought id try my best at a writtern review! This is my first so i will most likely miss out parts or things that i dont think are important. This review is to help people if they think they want this tablet or not :)

Okayy so to start off we will look at the front of the Device: The 10.1" Screen Is very nice, its bright, colourful and vivid this is thanks to the 1280x800 Screen resolution IPS Panel.

Touch screen on it is good but i have experienced lag in the touch screen, maybe its something that they have fixed in the newest update. what do i mean by lag? what im saying is ill swipe and there just a hint of waiting, im talking about 0.1 second if that, not a major concern. a good thing about the touch screen is that is capacitive which means up to 5 finger touches at any given moment. it also feels nice to use.

0.3mp Front facing camera: Although the Front facing camera is a very low .3mp it looks ok, Obviously you wont be getting amazing photos but its ok, skype is easily used although it must be warned dont use it in Low light conditions, its almost impossible to take a photo.

Attached File  IMG_20130118_003320.jpg   47.41KB   111 downloads

Sides Of the device ( TOP ) you find your Power button, volume rockers and also a dedicated home button. All these buttons press down nicely, they feel good and they respond quickly, nothing more to say

Attached File  IMG_20130117_162713.jpg   1.65MB   105 downloads

Sides Of The Device ( Left ) this is a very busy side of the device, you find the Mirco USB, Micro HDMI, SD card slot (up to 32gb) your 3.5mm headphone slot and your AC charger slot, Also supports USB on the go. ive test the USB, headphone slot and SD card slot and the AC , all work quickly and fluidly

Attached File  IMG_20130117_162809.jpg   1.58MB   87 downloads

Back of the device:

2.0 Mp camera: The back camera is better then the front facing camera for obvious reasons, photos come out ok but not in HD i havent really tested the camera as i think on a tablet its useless for a back camera, you wont be taking instagram photos with this but its always nice to have, although i did find that there is a panorama mode which is nice.

Attached File  IMG_20130117_162846.jpg   2.52MB   77 downloads

Attached File  IMG_20130118_003301.jpg   159.85KB   78 downloads

Dual speakers : these speakers are amazing, out of 10 i would say 15 they are that good, normally you'll find a single speaker, at the back in a very awkward place but not these, Ainol have done a very good job, they are loud and nice to listen too, you dont get that sense that the sound is only coming from one direction. They are also placed in the right place! above where your hands would be in landscape or portrait mode. Very good.

Attached File  IMG_20130117_162951.jpg   1.66MB   69 downloads

OS that powers the tablet: It Runs android 4.1.1 Jellybean, what more is there to say? It has project butter built in, comes pre loaded with the stock Google apps you would expect it too, I.E Google play store Gmail Etc

Internals

Wifi : You get your standard WiFi in this tablet, which is good when your in the right place witch is 90% of the time, although i have experineced that it will go slow on 1 bar of signal, downloads fairly well and connects very quickly

RAM : You get 1gb of DDR3 RAM, no matter how many apps you have it your tablet will not slow down, the more Ram you have the more things you can do at one time, this is a good amount of RAM. i have seen no lag at all

Processor : Its got a Dual core A9 processor clocked at 1.5 Ghz, it doesnt give bad performance at all, although i wished it had a dual core 1.6 Ghz Rockchip RK3066 processor, why? Because that processor is just as good as the Tegra 3 which is quad core, how do i know this? I put a Pipo S1 up against the Nexus 7 and it scored higher and seemed smoother and quicker

Graphics : The graphics are good! you get a quad core Mali-400 graphics processing unit which is also in the pipo S1 and ive tested it out, it runs Need for speed most wanted, GTA VC, Nova3 and so on very well, no lag, if anything itll be even better on this device as it has a higher resolution screen which will make it look nicer and have no pixels

Battery : You get a whopping 8000MAH Battery! that is big, not only is it big it lasts ages too as you would expect, with moderate use i get 3 days, ive charged it up before and left it on stand by for a while now and its still on, not bad at all. even better news is that the newest firmware gives it even better battery life! although i have not tested yet

Conclusion : Its a great tablet, with specs and features most £300+ tablets have now a days you really cant go wrong, i picked this up brand new with 12 months warranty and free delivery for only £159.99 i can provide the link if you want to buy one as well.

Thanks guys i hope you enjoyed this review :) Jack

Attached Files

#2 LordKJ

LordKJ

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

You'll get dual core mali 400. :)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Stock - 4.2.1
Ainol Novo 10 Hero - CM 10.1 - 4.2.1

#3 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • LocationGermany, at my WindowN90fhd 32GB

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

You'll get dual core mali 400. :)

Everywhere i look, the Mali-400 has 4 cores... U sure?

#4 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Hey guys! So i recently got a Aniol HERO I and thought id try my best at a writtern review! This is my first so i will most likely miss out parts or things that i dont think are important. This review is to help people if they think they want this tablet or not :)

Okayy so to start off we will look at the front of the Device: The 10.1" Screen Is very nice, its bright, colourful and vivid this is thanks to the 1280x800 Screen resolution IPS Panel.

Conclusion : Its a great tablet, with specs and features most £300+ tablets have now a days you really cant go wrong, i picked this up brand new with 12 months warranty and free delivery for only £159.99 i can provide the link if you want to buy one as well.

Thanks guys i hope you enjoyed this review :) Jack

Nice little review of yours. For pictures, especially of the IPS-Screen apearance, you definitely need a better camera!

I have got the device for a week now (16GB by the way), and it runs best with CM10 (my favourite) or even 10.1 (with errors for now).
Just search for the fabulous firmware-mods built by member Christian Troy in this forum!

You should mention, that it is easy to open up the tab and close it back together:
Just use a spare plastic-card (not your valid Creditcard, but that kind), begin on the upper edge to stick it between the two plastic parts (back and
frame that holds the screen) for about 1 cm and carefully move it around the whole sideline, until every hook easy comes off on the inside.
Be careful not to pull out the two flat connection cables, that connect screen with mainboard.
To close, just position the two parts and gently press them together.

I also think, it is a good device in means of abilities. You get definitely more than you pay for.
But as easy, as it can be taken apart, it might shatter, when falling to the floor, also easily.
It is also not that thin and compact built, than more expensive, high branded builts, but it is not bad for the money.

If you get the chance, try it, befor you buy it, so you do not get disappointed afterwards.

Edited by mcschweg, 17 January 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#5 LordKJ

LordKJ

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

yup im sure,
mali has 3 variants , 1,2,4 cores, the AMLogic chip uses just 2 .
  • portakal likes this

#6 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Nice little review of yours. For pictures, especially of the IPS-Screen apearance, you definitely need a better camera!

I have got the device for a week now (16GB by the way), and it runs best with CM10 (my favourite) or even 10.1 (with errors for now).
Just search for the fabulous firmware-mods built by member Christian Troy in this forum!

You should mention, that it is easy to open up the tab and close it back together:
Just use a spare plastic-card (not your valid Creditcard, but that kind), begin on the upper edge to stick it between the two plastic parts (back and
frame that holds the screen) for about 1 cm and carefully move it around the whole sideline, until every hook easy comes off on the inside.
Be careful not to pull out the two flat connection cables, that connect screen with mainboard.
To close, just position the two parts and gently press them together.

I also think, it is a good device in means of abilities. You get definitely more than you pay for.
But as easy, as it can be taken apart, it might shatter, when falling to the floor, also easily.
It is also not that thin and compact built, than more expensive, high branded builts, but it is not bad for the money.

If you get the chance, try it, befor you buy it, so you do not get disappointed afterwards.

Thanks, first review and all :) Yeah im using the GS3 to take photos, low light plus a nightly build is never good :(

All chinese tablets are easy to open :p

I cant open this one though :( Im working with a company and they asked me to review it so i did :p

Expect the Hero II review soon as well :)

#7 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

yup im sure,

would explain why i was getting lag on temple run

#8 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

yup im sure,

Could you give me reference for this. I bought it at an aliexpress shop "Biesie", where they claimed, it would be 4 core mali 400 driven :)
I will file a complaint for this mistake, i think. The Quad-Core version is as cheep as the Dual in December now.

Will they take it back? What do you think?

#9 la7dfa

la7dfa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

To open the tablet, use a mini flat scewdriver (2-3mm wide) and open one of the corners. Its very easy to open this tablet, just follow the rim with the screwdriver or a credit card as proposed above.
  • MILAD99 likes this

#10 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

To open the tablet, use a mini flat scewdriver (2-3mm wide) and open one of the corners. Its very easy to open this tablet, just follow the rim with the screwdriver or a credit card as proposed above.

Naaaa, i would never use a screwdriver for the first pinch. Use your fingernail and then the creditcard. Or the Creditcard at once.
  • MILAD99 likes this

#11 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Thanks, first review and all :) Yeah im using the GS3 to take photos, low light plus a nightly build is never good :(

All chinese tablets are easy to open :p

I cant open this one though :( Im working with a company and they asked me to review it so i did :p

Expect the Hero II review soon as well :)

Well, i don't know, man. I think, if you work for a company that has asked you to write the riview, you should identify yourself as a person, working for sales.
You said in your starting post, that you want top help people to decide, if it is the right choice for them, and you are not writing only pros.
But it is still a difference, if you are asked to review as a kind of professional, or if you are reviewing your own tablet as a independent "normal user".

Just my feeling, thank you anyway!

Edited by mcschweg, 19 January 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#12 LordKJ

LordKJ

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Could you give me reference for this. I bought it at an aliexpress shop "Biesie", where they claimed, it would be 4 core mali 400 driven :)
I will file a complaint for this mistake, i think. The Quad-Core version is as cheep as the Dual in December now.

Will they take it back? What do you think?

http://tomkanok.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/amlogic-aml8726-mx-architecture/

#13 Arbalath

Arbalath

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

If you do a "full review" perhaps you should get some more facts straight:
Screen is 10 points touch, not 5 points.
1.5 Ghz is a myth :)
You put dual core tablet with 800 x 480px resolution in comparison.. Of course it works faster.

Tested tablets > Ainol: Elf II, Aurora II, Crystal, Hero, Fire | Pipo: S1, S1PRo, S3, S3PRo, M9, M8Pro | Yuandao: N70s(RK3066), N70s(RK3168) | FNF Ifive: Mini x3

Would recommend any time of the day or night > Pipo M9.

#14 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

The company im working with told me to be honest, im being as honest as possible :) for the price of the tablet (£159.99) i dont care if there are bad bits about it, theres bad bits about every tablet/device :)

Thanks for the comment though, all are welcome :D

Well, i don't know, man. I think, if you work for a company that has asked you to write the riview, you should identify yourself as a person, working for sales.
You said in your starting post, that you want top help people to decide, if it is the right choice for them, and you are not writing only pros.
But it is still a difference, if you are asked to review as a kind of professional, or if you are reviewing your own tablet as a independent "normal user".

Just my feeling, thank you anyway!

#15 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

I know its 10 point touch but the box says 5 :o so im going by what the box says :)
Setcpu said it was 1.5ghz so thats what im going as :p

Wow im getting a lot of hate for my first review xD

If you do a "full review" perhaps you should get some more facts straight:
Screen is 10 points touch, not 5 points.
1.5 Ghz is a myth :)
You put dual core tablet with 800 x 480px resolution in comparison.. Of course it works faster.

#16 Tzul

Tzul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I know its 10 point touch but the box says 5 :o so im going by what the box says :)

Never trust what the box says, especially not with Chinese tablets. ;)

Setcpu said it was 1.5ghz so thats what im going as :p

I think I've seen some Hero 1 tablets running at 1.5 GHz, so that could be true.
Try to verify it with some other apps, e.g. the system info of Antutu and Vellamo benchmarks.
  • Tom Panky likes this

#17 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Aha i know ! gotta love them chinese tablets ;)

And for how quickly the tablet runs and open apps, theres no doubt in my mind that its running less then 1.5ghz :)

Never trust what the box says, especially not with Chinese tablets. ;)

I think I've seen some Hero 1 tablets running at 1.5 GHz, so that could be true.
Try to verify it with some other apps, e.g. the system info of Antutu and Vellamo benchmarks.

#18 LordKJ

LordKJ

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

it's on 1.5GHz not fully stable, but it's 1.5, 10 point touch ofc.

#19 mcschweg

mcschweg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

true.

It is downgraded to 1.2 GHz by Christian Troy in hisCM builds i.e. to give stability.
You can in fact overclock it ti 1.5 GHz, but that might lead to instability.

I don't see, that what we say here is hating you, Jack has a Sammy, but isn't it the aim of a review to reveal the truth and not the guesses?
Reviewing is about sorting the hard facts about a product from the myths (of the producers).
We tend to believe "myths" of the producers a lot - and get disappointed after spending money.

Are you on their side or on ours?

Edited by mcschweg, 24 January 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#20 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

true.

It is downgraded to 1.2 GHz by Christian Troy in hisCM builds i.e. to give stability.
You can in fact overclock it ti 1.5 GHz, but that might lead to instability.

I don't see, that what we say here is hating you, Jack has a Sammy, but isn't it the aim of a review to reveal the truth and not the guesses?
Reviewing is about sorting the hard facts about a product from the myths (of the producers).
We tend to believe "myths" of the producers a lot - and get disappointed after spending money.

Are you on their side or on ours?

Not to sure what you mean by what side am i on? I gave my opinion on the device, i included good and bad bits.. and i stated what specifications it had ( what it states on the box )

I am in no way a reviewer, or a person who knows everything about every tablet i just thought, as there were no reviews id give it a shot, is that so bad?
i dont mind comments, in fact i love them, it helps if i miss something out or get something wrong.