#1 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

They are up to version 2.3.0 now.

http://www.dashi.com/product/5.html

As an alternative English root method I have had a lot of success with Bin4ry's method. I haven't tried it on the N80IPS but it might be worth a go?

Bin4ry's method :
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1886460

Jez

SuperOneClick does not work with Jelly Bean (4.1+) OS.

Zhuodashi is in Chinese and somewhat hard to use. You will have to run it twice to work.

Best to go with Bin4ry's method since in English.

Jez listed additional root methods to try here:
http://www.slatedroi...post__p__511274

Edited by Nickos-V, 19 January 2013 - 11:58 AM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#2 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

I previously rooted my device with an app called zhuodashi but it caused a lot of strange laggy problems; Because of this, I went searching for a different method.

I've only tried the following method on my Ployer Momo7 Talent but I'm 99.9% sure that if you follow these steps right, you should be able to root any RK3066 device running ICS/JB

Instructions here are windows only but if you know how to create/edit adb_usb.ini in the appropriate location on Linux, I guess this should also work assuming you can find a driver.

(don't forget to enable debug mode on your tablet!)

0 ) Get the ADB drivers. Do this by installing >>> http://www.moborobo.com/ <<< This app is kinda crappy IMO but it will install the required driver for your device if you can't find it any other way. Once the driver is installed, you may uninstall this app.
1 ) Get the latest "root many android by bin4ry" via google (Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18 at the moment)
2 ) On your PC, open "Computer" > your windows drive > Users > Your User Folder
3 ) Create a folder called ".android"
4 ) Create a new text document named "adb_usb.ini" in ".android"
5 ) Enter this line into adb_usb.ini and save: 0x2207
5a ) If the file I told you to create is already there, simply add 0x2207 as the bottom line
6 ) Open a cmd prompt as admin and type adb kill-server (just in case any old instances of adb are running)
7 ) Plug in your tablet
8 ) Extract Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v18 and run "RunMe.bat"
9 ) Select option 1

And that's it, just follow the on screen instructions. You don't need to use option 2 or anything special, it works just fine on normal. T

Just make sure you don't unplug or anything during the process! There's a few points while the app is rooting that nothing seems to happen, just be patient. Having said that, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes after choosing option 1 in RunMe.bat

At one point of the process, you have to click something on the MOMO so don't leave during the process.

Test the root with root checker from the play store now.

*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#3 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Just a disclaimer, if you can't get that root method to work with non-rk3066 devices, you just need to find the hardware ID and use that in place of the one which I provided.

If you've installed your device driver, just go into device manager and you can find it here:
Posted Image

Just add 0x in front of this four digit number.

So in my case it was 0x2207

#4 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

Nice idea for a thread Nickos :good: Other methods to include might be:

1. ExynosAbuse for Exynos 4 based tablets (tested & working). Link is here on xda.

2. TPSparkyroot. I have used this successfully on a Pipo M3 & M2. Here's the link to TPSparkyRoot.

Hope this helps

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 21 January 2013 - 08:11 AM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#5 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Nice idea for a thread Nickos :good:

Thanks Jez!!!

I thought it was a good idea to have 1 thread to at least list the different rooting methods that work instead of multiple threads with people asking this same question again and again. =)

This way they read this thread, discover the different root methods and try them out to see which one works for them.
  • podocnemus likes this

#6 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Jez!!!

I thought it was a good idea to have 1 thread to at least list the different rooting methods that work instead of multiple threads with people asking this same question again and again. =)

This way they read this thread, discover the different root methods and try them out to see which one works for them.

Great stuff Nickos-V.

I have now updated my post with links.

Cheers
Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2