• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kblgy

kblgy

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

hi,

i know this an old and very good tablet but we bought last christmas for our son and it wasn't in use for a while

now my wife wouldl ike to use it.

here is the problem, when i first chrarged it i went to factory reset and it would not do it.so i tried to get in recovery mode and for the life of me it will go into recovery mode. i have tried other ways to maybe root it like , gingerbreak,superoneclick, ect but nothing.

now in the past i had it rooted but then taken it off cause the bottuns wouldn't work after i added google services. and like i said it has been sitting a while now . but everything works except the fact i cannot factory reset or reinstall the factory rom because it WILL NOT go into recovery mode. and yes to make sure i did check on the internet to make sure i was doing it right.

please help if you can, thank you .

#2 keith15301

keith15301

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

PR71_A_BN_W_A_C_12152011.zip is here http://www.berglib.c...bf4b502935hfi0. download it to your PC and transfer it to an empty formatted micro sd card and boot your Nova with it using the volume+ and power buttons. load and reboot. this worked great and don't remember if i had to re-install downloaded apps but it kept the rooted status.

#3 kblgy

kblgy

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

PR71_A_BN_W_A_C_12152011.zip is here http://www.berglib.c...bf4b502935hfi0. download it to your PC and transfer it to an empty formatted micro sd card and boot your Nova with it using the volume+ and power buttons. load and reboot. this worked great and don't remember if i had to re-install downloaded apps but it kept the rooted status.

doesnt work for me anymore. i have tried multiple time to get into recovery mode like stateted before and it just will not go. i need to find out if there is another way to do this, like connecting to my pc and using a program to do it.

also cannot root it either.

is there a easy root for this??

Edited by kblgy, 19 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#4 kblgy

kblgy

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

doesnt work for me anymore. i have tried multiple time to get into recovery mode like stateted before and it just will not go. i need to find out if there is another way to do this, like connecting to my pc and using a program to do it.

also cannot root it either.

is there a easy root for this??

WELL SO Far no help anywhere. can someone please help?

#5 keith15301

keith15301

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

WELL SO Far no help anywhere. can someone please help?

wish i could help but i'm new to android and rooting. i followed the instructions here http://www.the-ebook...-nova-root.html to root my nova and they refer to Slatedroid as the source for the OpenNova-ROOT-Spz0-v.1.0.update.zip file method. it rooted but i did end up with the home button not working and eventually had to use the PR71_A_BN_W_A_C_12152011.zip to get things back to normal. i was stuck in a boot loop once after installing the update.zip but was never unable to boot into recovery.

#6 jerrymeyer58

jerrymeyer58

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

I too am stuck in a boot loop I tried loading some different files but always get E: Signature verification failed. my nova had been working with no problems other then no home key since rooting. Does any one have any ideas when the down load will be back on line or a link to the right file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users