Android Tablets Forum banner

Profile changing AP

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fuser-invent 
#1 ·
I have noticed if I use a nexus 7 profile then on some games the hero 10 downloads tegra 3 data and the games don't work properly.
Is there an ap or script file that can easily be run to change between profiles and then reboot the device, I do this at the moment by renaming 2 different build.prop files using es explorer but it would be nicer with a simple ap.

#2 ·
Yes, you can use a 'sed' script in a flashable zip file. Here is an example of how the script changes the NEXUS 7 fingerprint to the SGS3 fingerprint for my Crystal Clear ROM:
Code:
<br />
#!/sbin/sh<br />
<br />
sed -i 's,ro.product.brand=Google,ro.product.brand=samsung,g' /system/build.prop<br />
sed -i 's,ro.product.model=Nexus 7,ro.product.model=GT-I9300,g' /system/build.prop<br />
sed -i 's,ro.product.manufacturer=Asus,ro.product.manufacturer=samsung,g' /system/build.prop<br />
sed -i 's,ro.product.name=nakasi,ro.product.name=m0xx,g' /system/build.prop<br />
sed -i 's,ro.product.device=grouper,ro.product.device=m0,g' /system/build.prop<br />
sed -i 's,ro.build.fingerprint=google/nakasi/grouper:4.1.1/JRO03C/eng.grady.wang:user/test-keys,ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/m0xx/m0:4.1.1/JRO03C/eng.grady.wang:user/test-keys,g' /system/build.prop<br />
sed -i 's,ro.build.description=nakasi-user 4.1.1 JRO03C eng.grady.wang test-keys,ro.build.description=m0xx-user 4.1.1 JRO03C eng.grady.wang test-keys,g' /system/build.prop
So as you can see its saying "change line.name.here to newline.name.here in the location /system/build.prop" which means that the first line has to already exist in your build.prop for it to be changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.