Profile changing AP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mrab

mrab

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I have noticed if I use a nexus 7 profile then on some games the hero 10 downloads tegra 3 data and the games don't work properly.
Is there an ap or script file that can easily be run to change between profiles and then reboot the device, I do this at the moment by renaming 2 different build.prop files using es explorer but it would be nicer with a simple ap.

#2 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Yes, you can use a 'sed' script in a flashable zip file. Here is an example of how the script changes the NEXUS 7 fingerprint to the SGS3 fingerprint for my Crystal Clear ROM:
#!/sbin/sh

sed -i 's,ro.product.brand=Google,ro.product.brand=samsung,g' /system/build.prop
sed -i 's,ro.product.model=Nexus 7,ro.product.model=GT-I9300,g' /system/build.prop
sed -i 's,ro.product.manufacturer=Asus,ro.product.manufacturer=samsung,g' /system/build.prop
sed -i 's,ro.product.name=nakasi,ro.product.name=m0xx,g' /system/build.prop
sed -i 's,ro.product.device=grouper,ro.product.device=m0,g' /system/build.prop
sed -i 's,ro.build.fingerprint=google/nakasi/grouper:4.1.1/JRO03C/eng.grady.wang:user/test-keys,ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/m0xx/m0:4.1.1/JRO03C/eng.grady.wang:user/test-keys,g' /system/build.prop
sed -i 's,ro.build.description=nakasi-user 4.1.1 JRO03C eng.grady.wang test-keys,ro.build.description=m0xx-user 4.1.1 JRO03C eng.grady.wang test-keys,g' /system/build.prop

So as you can see its saying "change line.name.here to newline.name.here in the location /system/build.prop" which means that the first line has to already exist in your build.prop for it to be changed.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users