This is not my work but a compilation of roms from lfom (CFW-MID1024-GingerLF-V1.5) and the ICS UI from jolocotro (Ginger_Ice_v1.2).
- Gingerbread 2.3
- ICS system bar
- If you use Holo launcher you have resizable and scrollable widgets.
- Root enabled
- Install custom apks during installation (see below)
Disclaimer: This custom firmware was tested in a multi-touch MID1024 and worked fine, but you are solely responsible for its use. If it bricks your tablet you've been warned.
I recommend that you previously full format the microSD used for installation in FAT32 mode to make sure it is OK, and fully charge your tablet's battery.
1. Download ZIP file
2. Uncompress and copy its contents to the root folder of the microSD: you should see a file called "u-boot.bin" in the root folder of the microSD card
3. If using an external microSD, safely eject the card from your computer and insert the card in the external slot
4. Turn tablet off
5. Turn on your tablet holding the Home button (silver one). Don't hold it for too long: as soon as you see some blue text on screen, release all buttons.
Relax and wait. Errors will be logged to screen and to a file named log.txt on the microSD. First boot will be slow, hang on!
1. Launcher: I use holo, you will find it in the apk folder.
2. Custom apks: copy them to apk folder. Important: file names must not have any spaces! Rename the files if needed.
3. If you want to enable a patch, move the file from DISABLED_PATCHES to patches.
4. Delete or rename 0_DATA_WIPE if you want to keep your installed apps and data (not recommended if you upgrade from Froyo or V1.2 or lower).
Note that if you install from internal SD or disable "DATA WIPE" that some features may not be available after installation.
Download link: Find another file host/zip/b4nJ88rE/CFW-MID1024-GingerIce-V11.html (I have a problem with the link so you need to past the previous URL by hand)
Credits: symbean, namko, steev, lubo, tlbardelljr, asure, chrulri and all those working for the good of our tablet. Jolocotro
Edited by fotocreaman, 18 January 2013 - 08:31 AM.