you're famous! congratulations!

#22 aloksinha2001

aloksinha2001

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

Does this mean on board wireless works????? If so... So stoked. I've been on pre0.3 using synaptic from online machine to dpkg -iR ./ on the offline machine :)

If you have MK808/UG802 - internal wireless works off the package !!

Alok

#23 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

Umm... Downloaded the linuxroot file system and followed exactly as I did with pre alpha and this install AND everything loads fine up to the command shell and when I type "picunu-da-server.sh" I get a command not found from bash. Everything has correct permissions and I am logged in as root. This is post install I'm on mk808 at the stage where the pre alpha normally booted window manager login deal. Can I just launch a GUI from here or do I need to setup network and do the picunu script to install anything first? Can't find pucunu-da-server anywhere... I even searched the file system from my Linux box.

_.-=/ Here we go again! Ubuntu 12.10 on ARM the way it's meant to be experienced! Easy, Optimized and now even smaller. \=-._

.-=/ Open GL ES GOODIES! \=-.

. - ( *_Quake-3_*- .. -*_GLTron_*- .. -*_Playstation_Emulator_*- .. -*_XBMC with AddOns!_[COME and get IT!]* ) - .

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

. - ( *_XChat FREE Direct Live Help and Growing Community!_*- .. -* Joomla 3.1 Quick Professional Modern Website Easy as 1-2-3 *- .. -* HW Support: Webcams, Hubs, PS3Remote, much more *- .. -* too much to list! Download now and enjoy! Join us using XChat and lets plan the next release together!_* ) - .

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-='/ home://io ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#24 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Umm... Downloaded the linuxroot file system and followed exactly as I did with pre alpha and this install AND everything loads fine up to the command shell and when I type "picunu-da-server.sh" I get a command not found from bash. Everything has correct permissions and I am logged in as root. This is post install I'm on mk808 at the stage where the pre alpha normally booted window manager login deal. Can I just launch a GUI from here or do I need to setup network and do the picunu script to install anything first? Can't find pucunu-da-server anywhere... I even searched the file system from my Linux box.

Seconds later... It couldn't be just a type mistake?... HECK YES IT WAS .... EXCITED!!!! Please fix install guide. I thought you meant to miss-spell Picuntu like picunu-da-server like you miss spelled da as kind of slang. I tried picuntu-da-server and we are in business :)

_.-=/ Here we go again! Ubuntu 12.10 on ARM the way it's meant to be experienced! Easy, Optimized and now even smaller. \=-._

. - ( *_Quake-3_*- .. -*_GLTron_*- .. -*_Playstation_Emulator_*- .. -*_XBMC with AddOns!_[COME and get IT!]* ) - .

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

. - ( *_XChat FREE Direct Live Help and Growing Community!_*- .. -* Joomla 3.1 Quick Professional Modern Website Easy as 1-2-3 *- .. -* HW Support: Webcams, Hubs, PS3Remote, much more *- .. -* too much to list! Download now and enjoy! Join us using XChat and lets plan the next release together!_* ) - .

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#25 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Seconds later... It couldn't be just a type mistake?... HECK YES IT WAS .... EXCITED!!!! Please fix install guide. I thought you meant to miss-spell Picuntu like picunu-da-server like you miss spelled da as kind of slang. I tried picuntu-da-server and we are in business :)

...but if you choose to reconfigure network I get this

Checking Internet status.....
/usr/local/Picuntu/picuntu-da-server.sh: line 363: [: -: unary operator expected
usr/local/Picuntu/picuntu-da-server.sh: line 202: /usr/bin/pdmenu -c /usr/local/picuntu-top.pdm --menu=network_conf: No such file or directory
Enter to reconfigure, CTRL-C to exit program

Also when pressing ctl-c it does not close the program. Going to try and reboot and look at the picuntu script on those lines and try and figure what a unary operator is :)

-edit- if you get stuck here and don't want to just yank power then do a CTRL-alt-del and it will reboot into android. Rinse repeat :) I'll keep posting if I find a solution. Thanks dev team for the awesome work!

Edited by JustinTime4Tea, 16 January 2013 - 01:12 PM.

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#26 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Does the rootfs come with xfce4 or is it a package for download? I stopped the whole process on try número deux because I have a Mac filtering super crazy network and decided to try booting with my hotspot instead keeping it completely insecure for easy config. I lower the antenna power so it only has super short range but should be easier for initial setup. Do I need to run the picuntu-da-server.sh script to be able to boot to a GUI where I can configure network and packages? I'm a little rusty on my Linux networking command line Moja, but Ive ran each earlier release no problems (unsolved)

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#27 aloksinha2001

aloksinha2001

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

...but if you choose to reconfigure network I get this

Checking Internet status.....
/usr/local/Picuntu/picuntu-da-server.sh: line 363: [: -: unary operator expected
usr/local/Picuntu/picuntu-da-server.sh: line 202: /usr/bin/pdmenu -c /usr/local/picuntu-top.pdm --menu=network_conf: No such file or directory
Enter to reconfigure, CTRL-C to exit program

Also when pressing ctl-c it does not close the program. Going to try and reboot and look at the picuntu script on those lines and try and figure what a unary operator is :)

-edit- if you get stuck here and don't want to just yank power then do a CTRL-alt-del and it will reboot into android. Rinse repeat :) I'll keep posting if I find a solution. Thanks dev team for the awesome work!

In case you get stuck at any screen.

CTRL-Z
killall -9 picuntu-da-server.sh

That does not require a reboot.

And yes - you caught a BUG !! grrrr...

The line 202 should read.
/usr/bin/pdmenu -c /usr/local/picuntu/picuntu-top.pdm --menu=network_conf

Thanks for the catch.

Alok

#28 aloksinha2001

aloksinha2001

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Does the rootfs come with xfce4 or is it a package for download? I stopped the whole process on try número deux because I have a Mac filtering super crazy network and decided to try booting with my hotspot instead keeping it completely insecure for easy config. I lower the antenna power so it only has super short range but should be easier for initial setup. Do I need to run the picuntu-da-server.sh script to be able to boot to a GUI where I can configure network and packages? I'm a little rusty on my Linux networking command line Moja, but Ive ran each earlier release no problems (unsolved)

The 170Mb rootfs does NOT contain xfce, you need to select separately.

The good news, however, is that there is no need for you to know any command - except
picuntu-da-server.sh

This gives, you a menu command ..

Alok

#29 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

The good news, however, is that there is no need for you to know any command - except
picuntu-da-server.sh

Alok

I understand bust the script is not working to set up my 808s network device SO long story short inboard wifi isn't working. I'm going to print my dmesg and can either message you or post.nidont wanna fill brand new clean post with dmesg dump :) im attempting to gather packages (cleaning up script to run on online x86) from online computer to just dpkg -iNdola offline and terminal and get a GUI to try configure my wifi from that? Before I run the script ifconfig and iwconfig should show wlan0? Or is it being considered Eth? I try scanning AP through the installer but it comes back with network not up or scan not supported. Again I just run exactly fine up to the installer and then at that point the network is not configured so completely unable to use installer. Anyway to take me old pre alpha rootfs and somehow upgrade kernel and core files so it will recognize my wifi? The whole point of upgrading was just to get on board wifi which Ive been trying to crack the last three days NO SLEEP lol. Everything worked fine on alpha but I really want some internets. Awaiting USB Eth and WLAN in mail.

Edited by JustinTime4Tea, 16 January 2013 - 02:29 PM.

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#30 aloksinha2001

aloksinha2001

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I understand bust the script is not working to set up my 808s network device SO long story short inboard wifi isn't working. I'm going to print my dmesg and can either message you or post.nidont wanna fill brand new clean post with dmesg dump :) im attempting to gather packages (cleaning up script to run on online x86) from online computer to just dpkg -iNdola offline and terminal and get a GUI to try configure my wifi from that? Before I run the script ifconfig and iwconfig should show wlan0? Or is it being considered Eth? I try scanning AP through the installer but it comes back with network not up or scan not supported. Again I just run exactly fine up to the installer and then at that point the network is not configured so completely unable to use installer. Anyway to take me old pre alpha rootfs and somehow upgrade kernel and core files so it will recognize my wifi? The whole point of upgrading was just to get on board wifi which Ive been trying to crack the last three days NO SLEEP lol. Everything worked fine on alpha but I really want some internets. Awaiting USB Eth and WLAN in mail.

Before you run to scan the wifi.

Here are the things you need to check
1. If you are MK808, then you have eth0
2. The script should have done this automatically (but for that bug :( !!)
3. So to manually over ride, just change the line I suggested...

If you run this command

It should allow you to config network, then it will exit.
Now check with ifconfig - your wlan0/eth0 should be working.

Run picuntu-da-server.sh again, and complete the install

Alok

#31 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Before you run to scan the wifi.

Here are the things you need to check
1. If you are MK808, then you have eth0
2. The script should have done this automatically (but for that bug :( !!)
3. So to manually over ride, just change the line I suggested...

If you run this command

It should allow you to config network, then it will exit.
Now check with ifconfig - your wlan0/eth0 should be working.

Run picuntu-da-server.sh again, and complete the install

Alok

When this: /usr/bin/pdmenu -c /usr/local/picuntu/picuntu-top.pdm --menu=network_conf is ran from script does it start it the parent directory of the script? The error prints exactly what I type so dunno why script can't run it but I can from prompt lol maybe the script is executing the command from its parent directory and not seeking (file system):/usr ... Etc... Like commandhomescripthome/usr/bin errr

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#32 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

[quote name='aloksinha2001' timestamp='1358362597' post='504377']
In case you get stuck at any screen.

CTRL-Z
killall -9 picuntu-da-server.sh

That does not require a reboot.

And yes - you caught a BUG !! grrrr...

The line 202 should read.

Thanks for the catch.

Alok
[/qoute]

You're very much welcome I have all the time in the world and have been a busy be getting a stable amazing set up of android and Linux on e mk808 for local redistribution. I have over 30 people and growing daily wanting one so bad all because I showed two tech friends lol. I'm setting up a local tech brand and very much love the support and quick responses. I will defintely source this website and give all the credit to you hopefully bring some more devs on board too! The skys the limit! Thanks Alok! You Rock! Ok Tarball extracted now let's load this roots and BOOT lol :rofl:

Edited by JustinTime4Tea, 17 January 2013 - 05:53 AM.

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#33 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Collecting dmesgs and ifconfig, iwconfig, and the .pdm output via dmesg >> dmesg_dump and booting other 808s

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#34 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Collecting dmesgs and ifconfig, iwconfig, and the .pdm output via dmesg >> dmesg_dump and booting other 808s

:lol: [ took out my dmesg didn't wanna fill up forum with information of mine that didn't warrant posting after the fact of fixing everything with big thanks to Alok! I will be compressing a rootfs for mk808 users with your instructions of moving files pre-loaded and an intermediate script to run if someone has online Linux box then have em follow your steps with the files but if the commands are too hard for someone still wanting to set Picuntu up on mk808 I want to personally help get them the as easy as possible.]. :yahoo:

so unless its just a minor script error or something not loading network right at boot no onboard wifi for mk808 :( Ive testing all three of mine exactly in this order

- boot live distro ubuntu 12.04
-format sd ext4 label linuxroot with Gparted
-from terminal login root
- cp -a picuntu.tgz /media/linuxroot/
- xvzf ./picuntu.tgz
- put sd in mk808
- boot wait for Android
- reboot recovery
- during live dmesg I see it configuring network then states waiting 60 more seconds for network configure (continueing without full network support msg)
- terminal prompt Picuntu: login as root default pw
- I usually at this point immediately start dumping output from forenzic proccesses but I've tried without this step
- picuntu-da-server.sh
- choose mk808 with space bar then hit enter
- "do you wish to reconfigure network?"... if yes error which we went over earlier... "wish to update upgrade apt?" (of course fail at this point)
- no network can't configure so I cntrl-z
- type in what you had me type in before to get back to network configure for sake of redundance. same errors.

hopefully this wasnt TOO much information and in the future if you want me to message logs or grep, less etc... let me know. Im easy to work with and dedicating myself to getting this running.

Edited by JustinTime4Tea, 17 January 2013 - 05:29 AM.

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#35 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I have an error when running pre-picuntu.sh, in the second step after downloading "picuntu-linuxroot-0.9-RC2.1.tgz" in a tmp directory.
Something like
"evaluate error - no such file or directory" in line 546 of pre-picuntu.sh
and also
"/usr/bin/dialog: permission refused"
(logged as root with sudo -s )

Sorry maybe it's confusing, but I have to translate ;) :pardon:

Still need to change original instructions .. Instructions say run picunu-da-server not picuntu-da-server. Just heads up so other users know its not misspelt purposefully. Easy hang up luckily first check myself is spelling cause I'm horrible at it lol!

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#36 labidus

labidus

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hi, thank you for this release, can I install this on a MK809II device too?

I will receive my device in 4-5 weeks :( so i cannot test right now, only in 5 weeks :)

#37 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

picuntu-da-server.sh

Alok

I plugged in a USB wireless card and stealing zd1211b_b etc.. From Ubuntu now. Does it have to be built with kernel and can I just dump zdy1211 in lib//firmware? The iwconfig shows wlan1 and I see it loaded in lsmod it just sais cannot load firmware when trying to iwconfig wlan1 essid "........"

This card works on x86 12.04 precise? And quantal x86 architecture. Would assum can implement it here since its closer to connecting then the native chipset.

Edited by JustinTime4Tea, 16 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#38 aruangra

aruangra

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

If I flash the kernel to the kernel partition of MK808, can I still revert to Android using RKandroidtool? How to get to the flash mode? Do I need to short two pins of the RK chip?

Edited by aruangra, 16 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#39 aloksinha2001

aloksinha2001

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Still need to change original instructions .. Instructions say run picunu-da-server not picuntu-da-server. Just heads up so other users know its not misspelt purposefully. Easy hang up luckily first check myself is spelling cause I'm horrible at it lol!

Thanks for the perseverance - CHANGED finally... !! :)

Alok

#40 aloksinha2001

aloksinha2001

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

If I flash the kernel to the kernel partition of MK808, can I still revert to Android using RKandroidtool? How to get to the flash mode? Do I need to short two pins of the RK chip?

The only way to go back would be - with shorting the pins... no wait.. on MK808 - there is a switch (next to the blue light) - you can put in a paper clip, hear it click and then reboot...

Alok