Photo

Sanei N10/Ampe A10 3G Version worth to buy??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shijo

shijo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationQatar

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

Hello forum members,

I would like to buy a 3G built in tab. I saw this two brands Ampe and Sanei with 3G inbuilt. I have some doubt about his Tabs. Both are made by single company? 3G function in the Tab is working properly? How is the battery life and wifi catch up... Can be updatable to Jelly bean... I apprecitae some one can answer my queries.

thank you very much.

SHIJO

#2 FlatFace

FlatFace

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I have an Ampe A10 3G.

Ampe A10 3G and Sanei N10 3G are identical and are made by the same manufacturer.

Everything works on my tablet exactly as was advertised including 3G, WiFi, telephone calls & GPS. I get about 40 hours on one battery charge with regular use. I have been unable to upgrade to Jelly Bean (it comes out with ICS 4.04 and I have been unable to find a compatible CyanogenMod or other Jelly Bean). I could root it easily enough.

Some cons which I have noticed:
1. The cameras are not too good - both are 0.29 MP (notice the zero!)
2. It does not have a magnetometer (i.e. it does not measure the earth's magnetic field required for digital compass apps & star viewing apps)
3. Official firmware available only from www.szampe.com only when viewed in Chinese! So I have to pipe it through Google translate to make sense of it. All instructions are in Chinese (no English) so it is tricky to get it working.
4. The manufacturer provides no technical support. I sent them an email for help with upgrading to a new version and received no reply.

Hope it helps with making your decision,
FlatFace

#3 derath

derath

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hi,
If it does not have Magnetic sensor can this device be used for mapping programs? ie Navionics or Streetpilot?

#4 FlatFace

FlatFace

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Hi,
If it does not have Magnetic sensor can this device be used for mapping programs? ie Navionics or Streetpilot?

Yes, it can be used for mapping programs because the absolute position on earth is measured by the GPS accurately. Because it does not have a magnetometer it cannot determine which direction the device is pointed in. A magnetometer can be used to determine if the device is pointing north/south/east/west... The GPS tells you where you are, the accelerometer tells you which way is up/down and the magnetometer tells you which direction you are pointed in relative to north.

I hope it helps.
Cheers,
FlatFace

#5 derath

derath

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Anyone managed to root 3g version `? with what? im also missing usb drivers..