So I've bought a Ainol Hero 10 tablet - Like most people have found out the hard way, putting new firmware on this device is quite a nervous procedure, and you thought OH NO! I've bricked it!
Well in fact it is near impossible to brick this device! It's just not the easy of tablets to understand.
My finding's so far regarding firmware versions and release's from the manufacturer!
* 115v2 is the most stable - newly released versions (1207 and 1219) are awful to the point of crashing at weirdest moments - i.e. Touch screen loss of control to wifi disconnecting randomly.
* Cyanogenmod 4.2 is not ready.
So I've been testing Jelly bean release 4.1.2, from this thread - http://www.slatedroi...pro-2012-12-20/
So far so good, insanely smooth and so far no crashing.
The instruction's have a lot to be desired and don't explain possible caveats that user's might come across along the way - like soft bricking and panic attacks!
I'll quickly explain my findings and the supplied solution to install.
* The manufacture's recovery system has specific NAND value's set, so formatting the Internal memory is problematic!
* Attempting to flash the CM recovery onto the tablet will result in failing to boot to android and then looping back to recovery!
* If you had updated to the new 1207 or 1219 firmware, Ainol have implemented a new bootloader - which has caused havoc and made users think they have bricked their tablet!
So with my finding's in mind, the following has been done from me and hopefully will resolve a lot of user's issue's.
I've uploaded the latest CM 10 4.1.2 with instructions - I've set the defaults to English UK added a few app's. Boot logo is maintained from the manufacturer image.
Bootloader is from the 115v2, so if you have updated to 12+ images this will put back the stable bootloader.
Build.prop has been set to Samsung Galaxy SIII (R1) Galaxy Nexus (R2)
PLEASE NOTE: This will remove any settings you have made i.e. system,data, userdata will be formatted!!
1207 and 1209 OWNERS:
* Get into recovery mode, apply 1a.factoryromresets.zip first then select Reboot
* Hold down VOL- again to get back into recovery mode ( if on reboot the screen is blank, use a paper clip and press the reset button in the Mic hole)
* Then following the below instructions.
(Just following the numbering scheme on when and what to image first from recovery)
Instructions (Must use built in Recovery uImage!)
* Unzip/rar the content of this (CM10 4.1.2DBr1,r2) archive and put it in the root of a MicroSD.
* Turn on the tablet keeping pressed VOL- and POWER until you see the green droid.
* Select "apply update from EXT" (you can use volume rocker to move up/down and power button to confirm).
* Flash rom "1a.factoryromresets.zip", then "1b.cm-10-20121220-UNOFFICIAL-elf2DBs.zip", then "2.gapps-jb-20121011-signed-ubifsDBs.zip" then finally "3.cm10finalDBs.zip".
* Remove SD card, go to next instruction.
* Select "Wipe media partition".
* Now select "Reboot system now".
* Enjoy CyanogenMod 10!
* If you're coming from a stock based rom, it's better if you use "stock" recovery to format "media" partition (the internal memory). And it'd be better if you don't use Google's backup/restore service to avoid breakages.
* If you boot into recovery from the CM image(uImage_recoverycm), i've added in cmfinalDBs.zip a formating routine for the media partition - doesn't work in the factory recovery!.
* Internal memory is mounted at /emmc, external sdcard is mounted at /storage/sdcard. If you wanna swap them (and make primary your real microsd) just flash this file after flashing rom's zip (you have to do it everytime you flash a new version of the rom)
* If you wanna increase the microphone capture volume open terminal emulator and after typing "su" type "alsa_amixer sset Capture 63"
* If you want to use the CM recovery, rename "uImage_recovery" to "uImage_recoveryorig", then rename the CM uImage (uImage_recoverycm) to uImage_recovery - ONLY use this for backup of system,cache or userdata - DON'T use for any other purpose as the formatting routine's haven't been carried over by the manufacturer!
See attached Mirrors.txt for download links for R1. Mirrors.txt 91bytes 270 downloads
Changes in R2:R2 Mirrors
* Added Gmail app.
* Set CPU to 1300MHZ, 1500MHZ is probably to unsafe.
* hw.nophone=true and hw.hasethernet=false set as requested.
* Changed build.prop to Galaxy Nexus.
Thanks goes to Christian Troy for taking the time to compile the CM 10 4.1.2.
Sources from https://github.com/c...ab=repositories
Edited by db260179, 14 January 2013 - 09:57 AM.