• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#21 collindv

collindv

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:06 PM

Can/should I flash the 7800atpsoftwarepatch.zip through clockwork?

#22 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

no it can't be installed like that

#23 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

Love the pirate! Could you post a downloadable image?

you should be able to right click on the op pic and save as.

#24 smokeM

smokeM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

4. Boot into Clockwork Recovery (holding down the HOME button while powering up the device)5. Select install zip from sdcard 6. Select choose zip from sdcard (it may take a min or so for clockwork to mount your sdcard so if it says no sdcard present just wait and try again)7. Select the zip file you want to flash.8. Once completed reboot9. Enjoy the new features!This is the Augen update from yesterday w/ a twist. This will also install Clockwork Recovery.

NO WAY! You Rok Man!:cool:

#25 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

you should be able to right click on the op pic and save as.

works for me. Like the peg leg.

#26 RampantOctopus

RampantOctopus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

I'm getting an error when I try to install this zip from clockwork...Specifically, I'm being told thatE:Can't open /sdcard/bootimg-su-googleapps-pirate.zip(bad)Installation aborted.Any idea where I need to head next?Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the help!UPDATE: Re-downloaded .zip, attempted again-- all fixed. I don't know what went wrong before, but it seems like an isolated instance.

#27 manfly9884

manfly9884

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

Linkcraker can I flash this update (yours ),as described in the PDF included in the zip file?

#28 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

the only way to flash the su-googleapps-pirate.zip file is through clockwork recovery.

#29 manfly9884

manfly9884

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:56 PM

Sorry. I was talking about update zip with a twist

#30 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

This is the Augen patch from yesterday w/ a twist. is installed the same way as the official software patch from augen.

#31 manfly9884

manfly9884

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, and this fixes the issue of needing a way to install clockwork recovery. Many thanks for your efforts

#32 jdelgado

jdelgado

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:35 PM

Cool, what have you guys notice about this update what is new.. Thanks linkcraker for sharing this with us.I forgot to ask do we need to apply the market fix also before running this update that linkcraker provided.

#33 smokeM

smokeM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:33 PM

NO WAY! You Rok Man!:cool:

Lincracker:My instructions were VERY light. Please feel free to edit and use these instructions as you see fit. It's my small way of saying thank you for your efforts. It is much very much appreciated. It should also cut down on questions allowing you some "free" time rather than responding to posts. The Pirate is very cool! You have to figure out how to make him say "ARRRRGH!" LOLSummary of process:Modified Gentouch78 software patch released on 8/19/2010 by Augen (since pulled from the support downloads due to reasons unknown) was copied and modified to include enhancements like the addition of Clockwork Recovery to make future software updates/flashes by the user easier. This process will also restore applications that originally came with your device such as Youtube, Talk, Gmail, etc. which will be removed by the 8/19/2010 Augen Gentouch software patch. This patch also adds features such as home, back, volume and control panel access buttons available onscreen, etc., as originally provided by Augen's 8/19/2010 patch This update consists of a two step process. Step 1 will apply the Gentouch 8/19/2010 software patchStep 2 will restore applications that originally came with your device but was removed by the 8/19/2010 Augen patch. A Droid Pirate will also greet you hello upon boot up :)Please read and re-read ALL instructions BEFORE you begin these steps.STEP 1-Download the zip file: 7800atpsoftwarepatch.zipThese are the files you will use IN PLACE of Augen's 8/19/2010 software update files. This patch includes AUGEN's update in addition to ClockWork Recovery. FOLLOW Augen's instructions (PDF document), using the files contained in this zip You may view your device to see the enhancements made by Augen's 8/19/2010 software patch before you continue to STEP 2. You may notice missing or non working Google Apps. Step 2 will restore the Google applications.STEP 2-Download bootimg-su-googleapps-pirate.update.zip. Copy this zip to the SDcard. No need to rename this file as it can be installed AS IS. -Power down the device-Boot into Clockwork Recovery (holding down the HOME button while powering up the device)-Select install zip from sdcard -Select choose zip from sdcard (it may take a min or so for clockwork to mount your sdcard so if it says no sdcard present just wait and try again)-Select the zip file you want to flash.-Once completed reboot-Enjoy the new features!Please note: By following these series of steps, you agree to and assume full responsibility for ANY and ALL repercussion, whether positive or negative. These instructions are supplied as educational materials only. Please use these instructions with only the files mentioned above! Again, the 8/19/2010 Augen Gentouch software patch was pulled from Augen's download area but this contains a copy of that patch. DO NOT mix and match versions of files unless instructed to do so.

#34 smokeM

smokeM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:40 PM

WOW. I have to say. I'm not sure what it was but my once broken YouTube app now works and the device is VERY responsive. Even better than when I had setCPU and mem manager installed. A better touch screen would complete the package and make this this a smokin' device!

#35 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

[quote name='smokeM;41594]Lincracker:My instructions were VERY light. Please feel free to edit and use these instructions as you see fit. It's my small way of saying thank you for your efforts. It is much very much appreciated. It should also cut down on questions allowing you some "free" time rather than responding to posts. The Pirate is very cool! You have to figure out how to make him say "ARRRRGH!" LOLSummary of process:Modified Gentouch78 software patch released on 8/19/2010 by Augen (since pulled from the support downloads due to reasons unknown) was copied and modified to include enhancements like the addition of Clockwork Recovery to make future software updates/flashes by the user easier. This process will also restore applications that originally came with your device such as Youtube' date=' Talk, Gmail, etc. which will be removed by the 8/19/2010 Augen Gentouch software patch. This patch also adds features such as home, back, volume and control panel access buttons available onscreen, etc., as originally provided by Augen's 8/19/2010 patch This update consists of a two step process. Step 1 will apply the Gentouch 8/19/2010 software patchStep 2 will restore applications that originally came with your device but was removed by the 8/19/2010 Augen patch. A Droid Pirate will also greet you hello upon boot up :)Please read and re-read ALL instructions BEFORE you begin these steps.STEP 1-Download the zip file: 7800atpsoftwarepatch.zipThese are the files you will use IN PLACE of Augen's 8/19/2010 software update files. This patch includes AUGEN's update in addition to ClockWork Recovery. FOLLOW Augen's instructions (PDF document), using the files contained in this zip You may view your device to see the enhancements made by Augen's 8/19/2010 software patch before you continue to STEP 2. You may notice missing or non working Google Apps. Step 2 will restore the Google applications.STEP 2-Download bootimg-su-googleapps-pirate.update.zip. Copy this zip to the SDcard. No need to rename this file as it can be installed AS IS. -Power down the device-Boot into Clockwork Recovery (holding down the HOME button while powering up the device)-Select install zip from sdcard -Select choose zip from sdcard (it may take a min or so for clockwork to mount your sdcard so if it says no sdcard present just wait and try again)-Select the zip file you want to flash.-Once completed reboot-Enjoy the new features!Please note: By following these series of steps, you agree to and assume full responsibility for ANY and ALL repercussion, whether positive or negative. These instructions are supplied as educational materials only. Please use these instructions with only the files mentioned above! Again, the 8/19/2010 Augen Gentouch software patch was pulled from Augen's download area but this contains a copy of that patch. DO NOT mix and match versions of files unless instructed to do so.[/QUOTE'] Thanks for the install instructions. I updated the OP.

#36 RampantOctopus

RampantOctopus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:24 AM

Should this 2 part update have fixed the market if it's not been fixed previously? For whatever reason, now when I launch the market, the store does not populate and eventually complains of network issues even though the browser does work etc.

#37 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:29 AM

this does not fix the market. the market requires a new androidid and other stuff

#38 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

updated OP with new update.zip and my modified augen patch v3.

#39 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

Thanks, worked great, keep it up.

#40 cpg716

cpg716

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:16 PM

Just so people know. Augen v3 has system.img and boot.img that are dated 8/22 so a few days after v1 and v2.. BRIGHTNESS now can be adjusted.CPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users