• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:34 PM

Summary of process:Modified Gentouch78 software patch released on 8/22/2010 by Augen was copied and modified to include enhancements like the addition of Clockwork Recovery to make future software updates/flashes by the user easier. This process will also restore applications that originally came with your device such as Youtube, Talk, Gmail, etc. which will be removed by the 8/19/2010 Augen Gentouch software patch. This patch also adds features such as home, back, volume and control panel access buttons available onscreen, etc.This update consists of a two step process.Step 1 will apply the Gentouch software patchStep 2 will restore applications that originally came with your device but was removed by the 8/19/2010 Augen patch. A Droid Pirate will also greet you hello upon boot upPlease read and re-read ALL instructions BEFORE you begin these steps.STEP 1-Download the zip file: gentouch78patchv3-Lincs.zipThese are the files you will use IN PLACE of Augen's gentouch78patchv3.zip files. This patch includes AUGEN's update in addition to ClockWork Recovery. FOLLOW Augen's instructions (PDF document), using the files contained in this zipYou may view your device to see the enhancements made by Augen's 8/19/2010 software patch before you continue to STEP 2. You may notice missing or non working Google Apps. Step 2 will restore the Google applications.STEP 2-Download bootimg-su-googleapps-hosts-pirate.update3.zip. Copy this zip to the SDcard. No need to rename this file as it can be installed AS IS.-Power down the device-Boot into Clockwork Recovery (holding down the HOME button while powering up the device)-Select install zip from sdcard-Select choose zip from sdcard (it may take a min or so for clockwork to mount your sdcard so if it says no sdcard present just wait and try again)-Select the zip file you want to flash.-Once completed reboot-Enjoy the new features!Please note: By following these series of steps, you agree to and assume full responsibility for ANY and ALL repercussion, whether positive or negative. These instructions are supplied as educational materials only. Please use these instructions with only the files mentioned above! Again, the 8/19/2010 Augen Gentouch software patch was pulled from Augen's download area but this contains a copy of that patch. DO NOT mix and match versions of files unless instructed to do so.[Thanks smokeM for writing the steps.][Features for bootimg-su-googleapps-hosts-pirate.update3.zip]Apps removed from /system/dataAndExplorer.apkAndroidPdfViewer_1_0_0b.apkcom.skype.android.lite.apkDroidLive205.apkfringAndroid.apkHi_MSN_6_0_5.apkiReader.apkquickoffice.apkStreamMediaPlayer.apkApps added to /system/data3D.Gallery.apk [NEW]CustomLocale.apkDevelopment.apkEmail.apkGlobalTime.apkGmail.apkGmailProvider.apkMaps.apkMarketUpdater.apkRotateD.apkSettingsProvider.apkSpareParts.apkSuperuser.apkTalk.apkTalkProvider.apkVending.apkYouTube.apkOther itemsboot.img with /cache fix Updated my boot.img. this update.zip now has a working /cache fix.root accesspirate andyhosts file to block some ads [NEW]Posted Image

#2 terracode

terracode

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

Way to go! Thanks!

#3 obiwan22

obiwan22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:52 PM

Im also going to add that this must be renamed toupdate.zipand put in root of sd card

#4 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:58 PM

doesn't need to be renamed to update.zip if you select the zip file you want to install...

#5 RampantOctopus

RampantOctopus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

So, call me newbtarded, but I'm kinda wondering where to start... I'm thinking that Clockwork Recovery is a windows app that will install the bootimg above onto my GT78 when it's connected and detected recovery mode (kinda like what I had to do for the previous Augen update)-- is that right? If so, where do I get the Clockwork Recovery app-- the clockwork site doesn't have a download section... Better yet-- anybody feel like writing up a little step by step for newbs like me? Please? I'll promise to never ever fart again or something.

#6 obiwan22

obiwan22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:02 PM

doesn't need to be renamed to update.zip if you select the zip file you want to install...

this didnt work for meI renamed it to update.zipstuck into root of sd cardunder clockwork I did apply sdcard update.zip

#7 obiwan22

obiwan22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:05 PM

all is said is:opening packageinstalling updatecopying filesdeleting filesdeleting filesdeleting filesinstallation completebut when I rebooted it it was like it was normally before the update

#8 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:09 PM

you must have the augen 20 patch installed first.

#9 aristo

aristo

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:41 AM

Worked like a charm!Thanks again linckraker.

#10 obiwan22

obiwan22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

this update worked great!but does anybody know to get rid of that annoying slide to unlock thing when you press the power button after this update?

#11 cpg716

cpg716

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

this update worked great!but does anybody know to get rid of that annoying slide to unlock thing when you press the power button after this update?

There is an APP called NoLock. CPG

#12 obiwan22

obiwan22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

There is an APP called NoLock. CPG

where is it located? how to delete it?

#13 cpg716

cpg716

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

where is it located? how to delete it?

No, its an App you download that prevents the lock from happening.CPG

#14 haus

haus

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:10 PM

nice work man, thank you.

#15 smokeM

smokeM

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for this Linkcracker!So the steps are (for the aging programming manager newbie or newbietard (that's a good one, crazy kids :)) )1. Download and apply the latest patch (??????-it was removed from the download page before I got a copy of it)2. re-install Clockwork (and all its requirements, root, etc.)3. Copy this zip to the SDCard4. Boot into Clockwork (holding down the BACK button while powering up the device)5. flash this zip file (the exact option/wording escapes me)6. power up7. Enjoy the new features!Is that right? Sorry, I'm still learning the terminology.

#16 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

[quote name='smokeM;41233]Thanks for this Linkcracker!So the steps are (for the aging programming manager newbie or newbietard (that's a good one' date=' crazy kids :)) )1. Download and apply the latest patch (??????-it was removed from the download page before I got a copy of it)2. re-install Clockwork (and all its requirements, root, etc.)3. Copy this zip to the SDCard4. Boot into Clockwork (holding down the BACK button while powering up the device)5. flash this zip file (the exact option/wording escapes me)6. power up7. Enjoy the new features!Is that right? Sorry, I'm still learning the terminology.[/QUOTE'] 4. Boot into Clockwork Recovery (holding down the HOME button while powering up the device)5. Select install zip from sdcard 6. Select choose zip from sdcard (it may take a min or so for clockwork to mount your sdcard so if it says no sdcard present just wait and try again)7. Select the zip file you want to flash.8. Once completed reboot9. Enjoy the new features!This is the Augen update from yesterday w/ a twist. This will also install Clockwork Recovery.

#17 cutterjohn

cutterjohn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:33 PM

@linckrakerYou're update file link is borked, found it at:http://randomtechinf...apps-pirate.zipNOT athttp://randomtechinf...apps-pirate.zip

#18 linckraker

linckraker

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 02:47 PM

fixed the linkno one has commented on my android pirate....

#19 cutterjohn

cutterjohn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:30 PM

fixed the linkno one has commented on my android pirate....

BTW thanks for the update image(s).Pirate ... er... well... frankly ... I sort of liked the nexus animated boot image better... but the pirate is better than the default augen android thing...

#20 martytaylor

martytaylor

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:03 PM

Love the pirate! Could you post a downloadable image?