• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bryanblue24

bryanblue24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

I dunno what keeps my M8 tablet from screen freezing and hanging. I've recently upgraded to the latest English firmware (Jan 4 #531) and still I'm experiencing the same issues. I also already had my unit replaced since my first M8 also experienced the same issues.

I only have blood and glory game install and 2x battery for battery saving for now. Before I used to have Samurai vs Zombies game when I experienced the same issues, screen hangs (with distorted display) or sometimes it's just pure black, pure yellow, pure blue screen so I decided not to install it anymore (thinking that it was the culprit) but then again even with just 2 apps installed now (blood and glory and batter 2x), I still have the same issue.. Anyone experienced this? I hope a new firmware will be released and can fix this or maybe a custom one.

PS: I also tried if rooting have caused this issue, apparently I sorted that one out since even if my phone is not rooted (new flashed) I still experienced the same screen issue/ bug.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by bryanblue24, 21 January 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#2 palobaby

palobaby

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

I'm gonna install those games and see if it would recreate the scenario on my m8. Will let you know in a bit.
  • bryanblue24 likes this

#3 palobaby

palobaby

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

I have been playing for more than an hour and have not encountered any issues. You sure it's not a HW issue?
  • bryanblue24 likes this

#4 bryanblue24

bryanblue24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I have been playing for more than an hour and have not encountered any issues. You sure it's not a HW issue?

I have already replaced my unit and still I experienced this kind of hang ups.. Or maybe its the root and the tweaks made by apps thats making my screen hangs?

What apps are installed in your tab?

#5 bryanblue24

bryanblue24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

I've noticed that if I set my cpu minumum @ 500mhz the screen hang ups were lessen and less freezes did I experience if I set my min clock cpu at 800mhz but this will drain my battery fast since my cpu's power minimum draws more power than the tasks (simple ones) are requiring to.

#6 loulou31

loulou31

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

I also have the same problem, my screen freezes at startup. What is the problem? thank you

#7 bryanblue24

bryanblue24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I also have the same problem, my screen freezes at startup. What is the problem? thank you

At start up? Sometimes it really takes a while to load the screen start up especially if you have too many installed apps. Just wait for a few minutes until it initialize fully.

#8 loulou31

loulou31

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

I think my face prolblème comes back. I removed the screen and became active again. How this backside Can interfere? I also noticed that the tablet is slightly curved. So I slightly bend the aluminum backside, it looks run.

#9 olmor2009

olmor2009

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

bryanblue24,
I have the same problem with Pipo M8 as you.
It hangs quite often (especially in games), maybe overheating.

I found that if I install 'Antutu CPU Master' and set governor mode to 'conservative'
then the tablet hangs very rarely, but speed is slower.

Did you find the solution? If yes, tell me how.

Thank you.

#10 bryanblue24

bryanblue24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

bryanblue24,
I have the same problem with Pipo M8 as you.
It hangs quite often (especially in games), maybe overheating.

I found that if I install 'Antutu CPU Master' and set governor mode to 'conservative'
then the tablet hangs very rarely, but speed is slower.

Did you find the solution? If yes, tell me how.

Thank you.

Im also using a cpu control. I have to set the cpu minimum @ 800mhz clock and it doesnt hang at all but the downside is it consumes a lot more power since my lowest speed is 800mhz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users