Ainol Novo7 Venus

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 ngocvitamin

ngocvitamin

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Is there a way resize the system/data partition, 1GB minus system app aren't enough for app. I think 2GB for data should be better and 14GB lelf + external SD card is take us longer managing the space

#122 Sa3ana3a

Sa3ana3a

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:21 AM

Sorry, I'm a real newbie!
Does a firmware upgrade also upgrade the Andriod version? If not then should I upraged to the latest Andriod version before or after flashing firmware?

Is it really worth the risk and hassle (for a newbie?).

Hi, I don't know about your screen issues, but about the firmware I could tell you.
http://www.slatedroi...-422-for-venus/

The 0328 is the most stable firmware by now, that is it is version from 28.03.2013.
The 0408 has beta of JellyBean 4.2.2 and I liked it.
The latest 0417 is possibly best to avoid.

Flashing your tablet definitely worth the hassle! But be sure to read everything as tutorials said, do not rush and follow exact instructions.
Make sure your PC receive the usb drivers which you could find with the flashing software, and do not forget to show the path of booting files
(as it is such obvious step, people in the rush forget to do and the device bricks, it is possible to be unbricked but you should not brick it in first place)
Overall the whole flashing process I concider to be very easy. Learn everything you can, do not rush it, be confident and all should be ok.
Device: Ainol Novo 7 Venus

#123 Paul Kearney

Paul Kearney

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Hi All,

I just got a Venus shipped to me in the UK (but I'm actually using it in Italy - didn't want it shipped direct as I was sure it would get 'lost').

I had actually ordered a Novo 7 Flame... so was pleasantly surprised when the Venus arrived. Came with all the default Chinese apps... I was promised by the amazon seller that I'd be getting a 'UK market' model - guess not. Started searching on it and found the references to flashing a new firmware...

Well a bit hit n miss for a couple of days experimenting, but I eventually got to falsh it to the 0328 version :-) and no chinese apps :-)))

Flashing should be a breeze... but was a bit of an experiment (and I've 25years IT nehind me). As has been said previously - important that the driver for the venus is installed correctly before you start. Wierd thing, was after multiple attempts of trying to put the tab into 'firmware upgrade mode' by pressing Vol+ and Power... that the time it worked for me... I forgot to do this. I plugged the Tab into the USB of the laptop holding down the Vol+ and it worked for me!

I'm new to the world of tabs but hope to do a fait bit of playing... I want to use the device as a Media Player for connecting to the TV and specifically to connect to the on demand TV services on the UK by using the SmartDNS setting from VPNUK. I have't got that working yet... have installed Marker unlocker and set it to UK... but the Playstore still has Italian specific offerings, and the players are disabled as the Tab still shows as being in Italy... Bit more playing for mr there then!

Anyone have a good list of apps I should be thinking off?

Regards

Paul

#124 furyoo

furyoo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Hi all. I'm looking for a tablet and the caught my eye so appreciate any inputs.

Firstly, my primary use for the tablet will be for reading, so a major point is the screen. I like that it is 216ppi, but how does the screen compare to say, the Nexus 7? Is the brightness even? Is the screen G-G?

Secondly, how is the tablet performance in terms of day to day tasks such as web browsing, reading of PDF etc? Does the new firmware make the tablet performance more zippy?

#125 hendry

hendry

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

seems like new firmware is up! 0428

#126 mgforce

mgforce

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Hi all. I'm looking for a tablet and the caught my eye so appreciate any inputs.

Firstly, my primary use for the tablet will be for reading, so a major point is the screen. I like that it is 216ppi, but how does the screen compare to say, the Nexus 7? Is the brightness even? Is the screen G-G?

Secondly, how is the tablet performance in terms of day to day tasks such as web browsing, reading of PDF etc? Does the new firmware make the tablet performance more zippy?

Hi,

I had the exact same requirements when I was looking for buying a tablet. I finally got Venus based on the specs. To share my experience, the screen display is really good, I can't compare it with nexus, but I have other devices & I can clearly say the display is really crisp. I read books (moon reader works best) & watch movies (owl & mx player), all with out any issues. 1080p movies also play without any fuss. Wifi works at par, I have opera/firefox all working. Also added advantage is Venus gets frequent ROM updates, I see 4 updates in span of 1.5 months, including JB 4.2 beta (I am using this). Battery life is good, this I believe is bit subject, no issues in deep sleep.

The only issue I faced is the touch is not so responsive, specially in corners, it becomes bit difficult to select. Also there is no custom recovery available as of now to back up device, but its prerooted.

But overall experience is good, good display, satisfied with the buy as it does all the job.

Hope it helped you.

#127 klincharov

klincharov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

Mine is with atm7025, but the reseller confirmed it was NOT LITE version... Can you guys verify with what chips are yours ?

regards,
G.K.

#128 Jus2rufff

Jus2rufff

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Hello everyone.
I have developed a custom ROM for the Venus. I have posted it on zzkko but i have left that forum because they were posting spammy contests.
I will start a new Topic and Post the ROM there.

Really looking forward to meet the community here.

J2R

#129 werbed

werbed

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

Shameless bump. I hope the community for Venus/Myth will grow on Slatedroid..

#130 samkuek

samkuek

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:59 AM

4K video playback test on venus

Video clip properties:

Taiwanese Roast Duck:
Format:MP4
Play Time:42 Sec
Size:252 MB
Bit Rate:50 Mbps
Frame Rate:30 fps
Resolution:3840 x 2160 pixels

Crowd Run:
Format:MKV
Play Time:10 Sec
Size:334 MB
Bit Rate:281 Mbps
Frame Rate:50 fps

Ducks Take Off:
Format:MKV
Play Time:17 Sec
Size:493 MB
Bit Rate:238 Mbps
Frame Rate:30 fps

#131 szstorm

szstorm

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

looks like a decent tablet

#132 trickstar

trickstar

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

I've been testing a pair of Venus tablets, and I can truly say that I'm really disappointed.  I have installed the stock 4.2.2 rom, cleared everything off, and installed XBMC to turn these into TV boxes.

I laughed when the person posted above that he was thrilled to get a Venus instead of a Flame.  I have a Flame/Ainol Fire with the Feiyu JB rom installed, and it's WAY faster and more stable than the Venus.

When playing video from XBMC through the HDMI mini port, the tablet is extremely choppy and difficult to watch.  I own a midnight gx2 box and the Fire, and video plays extremely well on those. 

I even tried to install without the Google Play store, just to free up resources and prevent taking up bandwidth from WiFi. Still, the video on XBMC was horrible.

I'm very disappointed with this hardware, and I don't know if a KitKat or anything else will solve the issues of a slow, underpowered tablet.  The quad-core feature of this tablet is simply a marketing ploy to deceive those who are not familiar with this tablet.  I'm very disappointed.

#133 trickstar

trickstar

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:23 AM

Just installed the Venexus 6, and it seems to make a huge difference.

#134 neojoe

neojoe

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Hi everybody, I just want to say that I am so stupid, I downgrade accidently my venus 7 (myth) and it`s so brick, I don`t know what to do, please somebody help me, this is the tablet of my son, I am so sad because of him, he really like it, I hope you can help me.

#135 Drael

Drael

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:53 PM

AM I ABLE TO DO THIS AD HOC ADDITION TO THE VENUS?

With Root Explorer go to the folder /system/bin, locate the file wpa_supplicant and rename it to wpa_supplicant_bkp
- Paste the contents of wpa_supplicant.zip attached in this post in /system/bin
- To the new wpa_supplicant apply the same permissions that had the old wpa_supplicant
- Turn off the wifi and turn on wifi

This would seem to be an ad hoc enabling patch for the venus. However I cannot see any file attached. I went back through the thread and couldn't see any files either.

I would LOVE to enable ad hoc on my venus, so if anyone knows how to do this, no matter how technical, let me know...

#136 aghandi

aghandi

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Press volume + while connecting the tablet to pc and it will enter flash mode and you can reflash the tablet with Actions factory flasher. You cannot brick tablet with build.prop. well only soft brick as you did.

Sent from my JY-G2 using Tapatalk 2

my pc does not recognize tablet what should i do ? Plz help

Edited by aghandi, 19 July 2014 - 12:07 PM.

#137 Pit Far

Pit Far

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:20 AM

hi guys,

last day my brother asked me if i could update his tablet's rom

so I downloaded this rom .

i pluged the tablet while it was on to pc , pad product tool recognized it as ADFU so i pressed download while the tablet was on , the bar went completely blue and from then , its not turning on.no response when i plug it to pc.

i have brricked other chinese phone  before ( :D ) and unbricked them so i hope i could unbrick this with your help !

i think i have to flash the factory rom for unbricking it but there are two major problems:

1- I dont have the factory rom

2- i got no response when i plug it  to pc

if you help me with these two problems i would appreciate your help