• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#41 sikke

sikke

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Press volume + while connecting the tablet to pc and it will enter flash mode and you can reflash the tablet with Actions factory flasher. You cannot brick tablet with build.prop. well only soft brick as you did.

Sent from my JY-G2 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sikke, 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#42 saytou

saytou

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Press volume + while connecting the tablet to pc and it will enter flash mode and you can reflash the tablet with Actions factory flasher. You cannot brick tablet with build.prop. well only soft brick as you did.

Sent from my JY-G2 using Tapatalk 2

Did you try it yourself with the Venus Tablet? Which version of Actions factory flasher ( link?) Is the driver used by the software the right and sufficient one? Thanks

#43 sikke

sikke

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Did you try it yourself with the Venus Tablet? Which version of Actions factory flasher ( link?) Is the driver used by the software the right and sufficient one? Thanks

http://d-h.st/UZc

this installs the driver. accept the unsigned driver install prompt.
i have both hero 2 and Venus and flashed both multiple times. Hero V2 is for Samsung screen sn more than 8841 V1 is LG screen, early units. sn less than 8841.

Heroquad_V1_0131.rar - 191.21 MB
Heroquad_V2_0130.rar - 193.80 MB

Novo7Venus_0131.rar - 191.20 MB

Edited by sikke, 05 February 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#44 saytou

saytou

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

i have both hero 2 and Venus and flashed both multiple times. Hero V2 is for Samsung screen sn more than 8841 V1 is LG screen, early units. sn less than 8841.

Thank you for your help. I'll make it later back home.

#45 josepz

josepz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

I received an Ainol Venus today, and there is something I don´t understand...

After installing android hardware detector, the resuls are:

PROCESSOR (ARMv7)
Processor: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
Cores: 4
Max Frequency: 1200 Mhz.......???????????????<---- Why only 1200?
Instruction Sets: armeabi-v7a, armeabi
NEON Supported: Yes

But in the Ainol website, you can read CPU: Quad Core Atm7029 (ARM Cortex A9 Family 1.5GHZ)
So, why mine is running at 1200mhz?

Will the firmware update fix it?

#46 zataps

zataps

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hi*With my venus 7 , the G Sensor is not calibrated ?
How to do it can't be set by the android parameter page
Thanks in advance for your help
rgds

#47 saytou

saytou

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Guy... thank you for the good vibes you sent... it's running again... i desinstalled the Tablet Tool from the previous installation i made one week ago. Made a new installation from your links, with patience ... great. Though, can you precise again the right functions of every buttons on the Venus Tablet and how to handle them when flashing? It will help other people, and I confess it was like I made it through just by luck. By the way I started to learn a lot the last days on Android, so now we can perhaps keep this thread alive ... THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD VIBES
  • DeLosSantos likes this

#48 Tzul

Tzul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

But in the Ainol website, you can read CPU: Quad Core Atm7029 (ARM Cortex A9 Family 1.5GHZ)
So, why mine is running at 1200mhz?

Will the firmware update fix it?

Chinese tablet makers are known to advertise with false CPU speeds. And now they even lie about the CPU type.
The ATM7029 in your Venus has an ARM Cortex A5 quad core CPU, currently running at 1.2 GHz.

Maybe future firmwares will slightly increase the CPU frequency - 1.3 or 1.4 GHz. But I'd be surprised to see 1.5 GHz on the Venus.

#49 josepz

josepz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Guy... thank you for the good vibes you sent... it's running again... i desinstalled the Tablet Tool from the previous installation i made one week ago. Made a new installation from your links, with patience ... great. Though, can you precise again the right functions of every buttons on the Venus Tablet and how to handle them when flashing? It will help other people, and I confess it was like I made it through just by luck. By the way I started to learn a lot the last days on Android, so now we can perhaps keep this thread alive ... THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD VIBES

I did it, and all is ok,I did the firm update, but I have a doubt....
When I pressed volume+ and connected usb, to get into recovery, the screen remained black all the time. After the firm flash, it was keep in black, and don´t respond any button.
By luck after press volume up + power on for a while, it started again...

The question is, all you get black screen while in recovery mode? No text, no signs of life to get into, while I was into or when I leave recovery mode..Is normal?

#50 Jiefurui

Jiefurui

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

I did it, and all is ok,I did the firm update, but I have a doubt....
When I pressed volume+ and connected usb, to get into recovery, the screen remained black all the time. After the firm flash, it was keep in black, and don´t respond any button.
By luck after press volume up + power on for a while, it started again...

The question is, all you get black screen while in recovery mode? No text, no signs of life to get into, while I was into or when I leave recovery mode..Is normal?

Were you able to flash the firmware? I just downlaoded a new version that I got from another post here (version 203). I tried using the flash tool from the download page of Ainol but it does not work. Currently downloading the flash tool from this post but it's really slow. Will let you know if it works but I guess that won't happen till tomorrow.

#51 macco77

macco77

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi,

I also have the black screen while updating the firmware.
I have done the second update so far and after the first flashing of the firmware I was thinking that my device is broken, because it didn't start.
After the second update I've just waited a minute or two and then pressing the power button. And it starts just fine.
Maybe it needs some time after flashing to start the first time.

#52 Jiefurui

Jiefurui

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Was able to flash the new firmware and all the Chinese apps are gone. Funny though, I used the same version of the MainApp but the first time it didn't work. After downloading it from another link and tried it, it then worked, I looked at the version numbers and they were the same. Must have doen something wrong the first time.

I can now surf no problem. Before when I turn on the wifi apps can connect to the internet but not browsers. Now, I'll see if I can connect it to the tv.

#53 josepz

josepz

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Were you able to flash the firmware? I just downlaoded a new version that I got from another post here (version 203). I tried using the flash tool from the download page of Ainol but it does not work. Currently downloading the flash tool from this post but it's really slow. Will let you know if it works but I guess that won't happen till tomorrow.

Yes, I had no problem with the firm flashing, using the flash tool. It was version 0203.
This rom is really nice, I got a 10759 score from antutu, and the video player included works really well.

#54 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

This rom is really nice, I got a 10759 score from antutu, and the video player included works really well.

Antutu 3.0 or 3.1? 3.1 supposed to score ATM7029 very low. Around 6500.

Edit: OK, checked here and see you tested with 3.1
http://www.slatedroi...post__p__581858

Looks like something changed in firmware to get much better score in Antutu. Hmmm, makes me wonder what they changed to get a higher score.

Edited by Nickos-V, 07 February 2013 - 01:13 PM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#55 saytou

saytou

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hi,

I also have the black screen while updating the firmware.
I have done the second update so far and after the first flashing of the firmware I was thinking that my device is broken, because it didn't start.
After the second update I've just waited a minute or two and then pressing the power button. And it starts just fine.
Maybe it needs some time after flashing to start the first time.

It's true that it is confusing. I really freaked out, because I had some "failed" messages before I got through. I thought "F...k!!! Now it's bricked!" Then after the successful flash, I had to struggle before booting it in a normal state. I guess we have to practice and understand what's going on when pressing the buttons. The best solution would be to pack those stock roms in update.zip files, have them at the root of the sd, and enjoy secure flash on the go...

#56 Jiefurui

Jiefurui

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yes, I had no problem with the firm flashing, using the flash tool. It was version 0203.

How'd you get a score like that? I only got 9012 from Antutu.

#57 jmvenus7

jmvenus7

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:02 AM

Ive donbe the upgrade, i get successful on the bar 2 of the ATP tool, but my tablet never boot again

i ve tried many combination but I do not know how to boot again in a safe mode, a recovery mode, something else

can someone helps me ?

thank you

jm

#58 jmvenus7

jmvenus7

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

ok, i ve found why : I was with multiple partition selected in the tool, and i didn't select the images misc, system et recovery.
after that the tablet was ok and reboot correctly

but with the new firmware, the ethernet network is not available in the network settings

if someone knows why i m interested

thank you

jm

antutu 3.1.1 score : 10599 (around 6000 before upgrade)

#59 John ET

John ET

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi,

Appreciate your advise and help. Am a total newbie when it comes to Android and flashing. My Ainol tablet died on me when I did a system reset from Jellybean setting. My tablet is now not working. Finding your discussion was a blessing. Finally I can try to recovery my tablet.

After installing the Actions Factory Flasher, I pressed volume + while connecting the tablet to pc, I encountered error "driver for Novo 7 Venus not installed". Tried many things and could not get this driver to be installed. I am running Win 7 (64-bit).

I am now very lost. Appreciate any advise that can help me get going again.

TIA.

#60 zataps

zataps

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

HI get mine from also a week now & very very happy.
I cant get link with my PC as driver is missing on my windows 7
do anyone have the venus 7 driver available for my PC
Thanks in advance
Chris