• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 slajeune

slajeune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Well, seeing as there is no tablet currently out that has everything that I want, I just bought a generic atom N450 capacitive tablet. The model is gooweel GW1001. Seems fairly generic (i.e. eee pc like). 1Gig of RAM, GMA3150 1024x600, 160Gig of HD, Capacitive touch screen and wifi/bluetooth on board.I will try to port Froyo from the Android x86 project to it. I'll see how far I can go with it!These might not be such bad ideas for tablets. With Intel working on Android and Chrome OS just around the corner, this might be the sleeper triple boot tablet!Anybody try android x86 on such tablets?Cheers,Stephane.

#2 cafcwest

cafcwest

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

Here's a link that might be somewhat useful that I picked up a few months ago:Dell Mini - magicandroidapps.com WikiBest of luck with your project.

#3 slajeune

slajeune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

Thanks!I see a lot of issues pending. I'll see what I can do once the tablet arrives.Cheers,Stephane.

#4 slajeune

slajeune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

And, if we are truely lucky, Intel will release their source code for Froyo on atom and this will open the floodgates!Stephane.

#5 mingnon

mingnon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationMiranda, New South Wales

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

have tried the live cd, couldnt get the screen to work, couldnt get wifi to work

#6 slajeune

slajeune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:40 AM

[quote name='mingnon;39684]have tried the live cd' date=' couldnt get the screen to work, couldnt get wifi to work[/QUOTE'] was that the froyo live cd or the cupcake/donut live cd? From my understanding, the froyo live cd is currently confiigured for VMs only, i.e. no touch screen drivers and no wifi drivers.Stephane.

#7 mingnon

mingnon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

that'd explain it well then, did the cupcake/donut live cd have drivers for touchscreen?

#8 mingnon

mingnon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:58 AM

found this, but i really have no idea if its helpful, i need to learn how to do this sorta thingGet Source - Android-x86 - Porting Android to x86

#9 slajeune

slajeune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

I do believe that the donut and/or cupcake version should work. Please try it! I allready have the full source code downloaded and it does compile so I will be ready to start hacking away once I get the tablet.

#10 mingnon

mingnon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

just tried android-x86-1.6-r2.iso live cdgot it working okay, no wifi and no touch screen on win tablet (M1 Touch)

#11 slajeune

slajeune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

[quote name='mingnon;40102]just tried android-x86-1.6-r2.iso live cdgot it working okay' date=' no wifi and no touch screen on win tablet (M1 Touch)[/QUOTE'] Ok, then it's gonna be fun :) I ordered pretty much the same setup as the M1 touch.Cheers,Stephane.

#12 slajeune

slajeune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:39 AM

[quote name='mingnon;40102]just tried android-x86-1.6-r2.iso live cdgot it working okay' date=' no wifi and no touch screen on win tablet (M1 Touch)[/QUOTE'] Can you identify the following hardware in windows 7 on the tablet:- touchscreen- sound card- wifiThat would certainly accelerate the debugging. If I have time, I'll build a test froyo image for you.Cheers,Stephane.

#13 slajeune

slajeune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

Mignon,with the M1 touchm is it possible to boot from a usb key? That might be easier for testing instead of burning a cd, etc...Stephane.

#14 slajeune

slajeune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Also,I have read of a few cases where the touch screen driver was reading the screen the wrong way (i.e. inverted). Might want to retry both images with that in mind.Stephane.

#15 mingnon

mingnon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

[quote name='slajeune;40122]Can you identify the following hardware in windows 7 on the tablet:- touchscreen- sound card- wifiThat would certainly accelerate the debugging. If I have time' date=' I'll build a test froyo image for you.Cheers,Stephane.[/QUOTE'] Sound -- Realtek (specs say ALC662)Wifi -RealTek RTL8191SE Wireless Lan 802.11n PCI-E NICTouchscreen - no idea how to identify, have been through device manager trying to work it out but doesnt say much, Display adapter is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150used SIW from SIW | System Information for Windows by Gabriel Topala to check system.Yes can boot from usbNo issues with screen being rotated on mineI'l pm you the link to where i purchased mine from so you can have a look at the specs

#16 mindwave

mindwave

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

MINGNONCan I be crude and ask where you bought your tablet?I was going to but a 10" tablet for myself (bought my wife a 7" and have had it for 3 weeks setting it up to her liking), but I did seriously consider those on several occasions.Thanksj

#17 mingnon

mingnon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:05 PM

mindwavehave a look at this thread, same as mine (didnt purchase mine from the co listed in post though) diff specs, mine is 320hddhttp://www.slatedroi...s-7-tablet.html

#18 schriss

schriss

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

The screen is made by Sintek::::::Some pictures including internals here: JUAL: iPad KILLER "ePad Windows 7 OEM 10 inch Intel Atom N450 MULTITOUCH SCREEN" - Kaskus - The Largest Indonesian CommunityI'm also interested in getting Android to run on ePad/THD PX1/Touch M1/Teso J-10

#19 mingnon

mingnon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:57 AM

Stephane has been doing some amazing/fantastic stuff with getting it to work, issue seems to be with the wifi at the moment, hopefully intel will release some source codes and all will be good and some progress can be made

#20 schriss

schriss

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 06:29 AM

[quote name='mingnon;50951]Stephane has been doing some amazing/fantastic stuff with getting it to work' date=' issue seems to be with the wifi at the moment, hopefully intel will release some source codes and all will be good and some progress can be made[/QUOTE'] Forgot to mention I've replaced WIFI card with Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN :-) Butcan always put old one back if the new one wouldnt work.Are there beta boilds to try out? Is it Froyo or older?