• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 AIXI

AIXI

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Hello

I received 2 days ago a N70-s and after test it I started to make some changes in it 8)

I found a rom without most of the Chinese bloatware (via google, I don´t know where right now :p ) but it have some major issues but I use it as a start to make a slim but fully functional rom.

So far:
Base: Official 20121203
Chinese bloatware removed
2gb data partition(just to check, I see that many roms are made this way and I wont use it to play so no much need of free space on internal sd, anyway future roms will be made with an option 1gb data partition)
Google apps updated to last 4.1 goo.im apps.
Already rooted

TODO:
Delete google apps already installed like maps that should not be in system(so they can be updated without problems)
Add updated busybox(just to make things easier, very old version on this base and incomplete)
Test buld.prop changes
add CMW recovery on rom

I think that only google maps is not be able to update and I will fix it on next release, if you found another one let me know!!

I currently testing Christian Troy CMW and seems to work but I want to make more test so this version is without it

Also the signature on this room is the N70s. I test on my tablet the nexus 7 signature and some more apps shows but also a few show not compatible(that apps are really not compatible according to google with the nexus 7 but they work ok in the nexus and this if installed manually).
I see that many rooms have the sgs2 signature to have more apps available, If you have any suggestion about what will be the most compatible spoofing please write it down!! :p

Also any problems or suggestions are welcome.

PS: Maps could be uninstalled from rom as it is rooted and then install the market one

Download:

V0.0001: http://www.multiupload.nl/7E8I9TT4ZN

Edited by AIXI, 09 January 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#2 AIXI

AIXI

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Reserved

#3 foox2k

foox2k

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

thanks im going to test it and check how it works...

#4 Ada_CZ

Ada_CZ

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Oh thank you for making kind of custom rom:) IT seems there is only few n70s users...

#5 justme88

justme88

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for this rom, tho im waiting for one with more internal space to install more apps :-)

#6 smrodek11

smrodek11

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Add CWM and i'll install your rom ;)
http://www70.zippysh...39270/file.html
Here i found a controllers support for Rockchip rk3066 cpu, working well with n70s (i tested), it's good option to include this in your rom.

#7 DemonicHTX

DemonicHTX

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

where is this cwm ? and how to install it ?

#8 AIXI

AIXI

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I'm quite busy right now, I will try to fix some bugs and relase a more complete version next weekend.

#9 zZarZiLLoSs

zZarZiLLoSs

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Ohhhhhh thanxxxx

#10 yiluoxi

yiluoxi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hi, I am also n70s user, I found build instead of GT-i9300 Six Guns picture quality than changed nexus 7 much better.

#11 smrodek11

smrodek11

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Hey again! It's possible to connect more than one usb device to our N70S? I got hub usb, but only hub is detecting, other devices connected to hub are not detected by tablet, but this devices got power.

#12 sven86

sven86

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Is this based off of Kasty's N70s rom?