11 replies to this topic

#1 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

I found the initial firmware for the U18GT missing at least some things. So I've created a script that I plan to use going forward with the RKXX platform.

1. Remove bloatware, or apps with no English Translations.
2. Install apps missing, such as gapps that may be needed.
3. Bring some apps to the tablet that many people use and are free from the PlayStore.
4. Reboot the tablet.
5. Compile a simple report, mainly for development purposes, but also can be used for troubleshooting.
6. Backup some files that change from version-to-version of different firmwares and tablets.
7. Change some boot animations.
8. Sideload APKs you have.

This version is the first for the RK3066 platform, based on firmware version 1.02 for the U18GT Elite. It may work on other tablets in the RK3066 family, but is certain not to work on other SOCs. This script is based on the A10 script that I previously published, but has been totally cleaned up and rewritten/rethought. So you'll find a lot of the same features in this script as the one for the A10.

SausageScriptV5
Standard default browser, goes directly to Google homepage and not one you can't read.
Predictive Text fixed for English users and possibly others.
Added the following apps:
QuickSearch standard
News and Weather
CloudPrint
Currents
Maps
VoiceSearch
Youtube
and mnay more....
Installs lib files for included games
Increases wifi scanning times to 10 minutes
Market hack for more apps
All changes seen without need for reset
Added recovery reboot routine (11.1)

Future:
Assistance with automatically installing RK3066 driver.
Rootscript, maybe...
Anything that helps with RK3066 power issues.

Version 5 download
http://www.mediafire...koag0fs0qqps7jr

NEW V5.1
This version is the second for the RK3066 platform. It's based on the A10 script that I previously published, but has been totally cleaned up and rewritten/rethought. So you'll find a lot of the same features in this script as the one for the A10.

(Some of this is pretty much the same as above, actually should have more improvements for the 1.06 firmware)
Standard default browser, goes directly to Google homepage
Predictive Text fixed for English users and others
QuickSearch standard
News and Weather
CloudPrint
Currents
Maps
VoiceSearch
Youtube
Increases wifi scanning times to 3 minutes
Added recovery reboot routine
Added assisted driver install
Set several experimental power options in U18GT to solve issues including: screen flicker, battery drain, and to conserve power.
Added option 5.1 in the menu, which will load everything except the build.prop on to your tablet. Changing the build.prop on a tablet other than the U18GT may cause issues, so therefore option 5.1 is recommened for tablets other than the U18GT-Elite RK3066 tablet.

V5.1 Download here

Edited by fatesausage, 16 February 2013 - 08:23 PM.

My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#2 wahwhat

wahwhat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

I failed totally to understand why you decide to start another cube U18GT2 dual core rockchip rk3066 tablet related forum.

Can you stick to the one you originally started please ?
It seems to be all over the places. And its becoming a bit scattered and confusing to get info.
:rolleyes:

#3 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I failed totally to understand why you decide to start another cube U18GT2 dual core rockchip rk3066 tablet related forum.

Can you stick to the one you originally started please ?
It seems to be all over the places. And its becoming a bit scattered and confusing to get info.
:rolleyes:

I'm sorry man, what are you the boss here? This is a script that might could be used on several 7" cube tablets. You want to make a manual, write your own post and take the time to do it yourself, or send me some cash... But don't complain because ....
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#4 wahwhat

wahwhat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

Sorry about it. I don't meant to tell you what to do.

I appreciate your kind help and generous sharing.

Sorry if the words I used hurt you in some way - don't meant to.

Cheers.

I'm sorry man, what are you the boss here? This is a script that might could be used on several 7" cube tablets. You want to make a manual, write your own post and take the time to do it yourself, or send me some cash... But don't complain because ....

#5 wahwhat

wahwhat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Bro Thanks.

Are you able to help to make blue tooth function for cube U18GT-2 ?
Would appreciate since you write script.

Hope you could assist if you have the knowledge..

many Thanks.

I found the initial firmware for the U18GT missing at least some things. So I've created a script that I plan to use going forward with the RKXX platform.

3. Bring some apps to the tablet that many people use and are free from the PlayStore.
4. Reboot the tablet.
5. Compile a simple report, mainly for development purposes, but also can be used for troubleshooting.
6. Backup some files that change from version-to-version of different firmwares and tablets.

This version is the first for the RK3066 platform, based on firmware version 1.02 for the U18GT Elite. It may work on other tablets in the RK3066 family, but is certain not to work on other SOCs. This script is based on the A10 script that I previously published, but has been totally cleaned up and rewritten/rethought. So you'll find a lot of the same features in this script as the one for the A10.

SausageScriptV5
Standard default browser, goes directly to Google homepage and not one you can't read.
QuickSearch standard
News and Weather
CloudPrint
Currents
Maps
VoiceSearch
Youtube
and mnay more....

Future:
Rootscript, maybe...

Version 5 download

#6 wahwhat

wahwhat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

After I download and unzip it, I see, you have one that says "run this"

That's the item I click to run the script.

Thanks a lot.

4. Reboot the tablet.

SausageScriptV5
QuickSearch standard
News and Weather
CloudPrint
Currents
Maps
VoiceSearch
Youtube
and mnay more....

Future:
Rootscript, maybe...

Version 5 download

Edited by wahwhat, 27 January 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#7 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I'm not sure about the bluetooth support for this tablet. You'd have to do it with an external bluetooth device and it would be best done with a recompile of the kernel from seeing others previously doing this. It's likely that you could find a script on the internet that would add support directly to the tablet, however you may have to modify it to work with these tablets and with your android version. I'll try putting together scripts and maybe ROMS, but the other stuff I'll leave up to someone else for now. If you put together a bluetooth script I'll add it to the script for you. I'm sure this has already been done on another RK3066 tablet, so adding it into ours would not be an issue...

To use this script, you'll have to install the Windows driver mentioned in the U18GT thread OP. Then you just click RUNTHIS. It's similar to SausageScript for the A10s. I'll try to clarify some of this as we go and update the OP. I didn't see a lot I wanted to change on this tablet, seems to work well as far as functionality goes out of the box. However there are some improvements. My goal is to just keep this very basic and limit the amount of changes on the tablet, for better functionality. I got into doing too much on the A10 platform, and just created more issues. However if you have a suggestion for some settings that you've found make a difference, and can be integrated, then let me know and I'll try to add them. So far, for the firmware 1.06, I don't find it as dependable as the 1.02 firmware. So I'm sticking with 1.02, until the next version is released, most likely. I guess only having access to the "Chrome" browser in 1.06 annoys me a bit, as it doesn't have as much functionality as the regular browser. There are also other issues that made me feel it had not reached maturity.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#8 wahwhat

wahwhat

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Noted Ok. Thanks
:)

I'm not sure about the bluetooth support for this tablet. You'd have to do it with an external bluetooth device and it would be best done with a recompile of the kernel from seeing others previously doing this. It's likely that you could find a script on the internet that would add support directly to the tablet, however you may have to modify it to work with these tablets and with your android version. I'll try putting together scripts and maybe ROMS, but the other stuff I'll leave up to someone else for now. If you put together a bluetooth script I'll add it to the script for you. I'm sure this has already been done on another RK3066 tablet, so adding it into ours would not be an issue...

To use this script, you'll have to install the Windows driver mentioned in the U18GT thread OP. Then you just click RUNTHIS. It's similar to SausageScript for the A10s. I'll try to clarify some of this as we go and update the OP. I didn't see a lot I wanted to change on this tablet, seems to work well as far as functionality goes out of the box. However there are some improvements. My goal is to just keep this very basic and limit the amount of changes on the tablet, for better functionality. I got into doing too much on the A10 platform, and just created more issues. However if you have a suggestion for some settings that you've found make a difference, and can be integrated, then let me know and I'll try to add them. So far, for the firmware 1.06, I don't find it as dependable as the 1.02 firmware. So I'm sticking with 1.02, until the next version is released, most likely. I guess only having access to the "Chrome" browser in 1.06 annoys me a bit, as it doesn't have as much functionality as the regular browser. There are also other issues that made me feel it had not reached maturity.

#9 gwimmel

gwimmel

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Hey, so i ran this script and it appears to have softbricked my device, basically i turn it on and i just get the green android waving animation forever. I think my mistake with this may have been that i was on 1.06 firmware when i ran it.

Is there any way i can recover from this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#10 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hey, so i ran this script and it appears to have softbricked my device, basically i turn it on and i just get the green android waving animation forever. I think my mistake with this may have been that i was on 1.06 firmware when i ran it.

Is there any way i can recover from this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's probably a permissions issue with the build.prop, which you also may need to restore a copy of your previous one. I'll be releasing a version for 1.06 here in the next few days, with more improvements. This might fix it, however I believe you'll probably need the 1.06 build.prop.

adb shell chmod 644 /system/build.prop

You may also have to use adb root and adb remount to get that command to work.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#11 spathias

spathias

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

how can i use bluetooth or usb GPS device with U18GT-S ?

#12 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

You have to have an external adapter I believe. Should be a standard build-in with most ROMS for RK3066 devices from Cube, so there may be more information in the U30GT forums.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds