Weak Wifi Signal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nguz

nguz

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Anyone noticed WIFI signal for PIPO M8 is really weak?

Is there anyway to fix the issue without physically modifying anything?

Thanks

#2 Melroy

Melroy

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have a good wifi signal from -48 to -55 dBm

I had cuts with the standard "N", I return to "g" and no more problem

#3 Bazzar1206

Bazzar1206

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

My connection is fine. Maybe you should check with another router to see if it is definitely the pad.

#4 nguz

nguz

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

The range of wifi is less than any wifi device ie (Laptop, Mobile Phone) on a free space like an office I often get disconnected.
Router was only 5-8 meters away.

#5 palobaby

palobaby

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Mine is good, in fact, it is better than my sgs2. My m8 can pick up ap's that my s2 can't.

#6 shijo

shijo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationQatar

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hai,

I received my Pipo M8 3G version yesterday. I also noticed that the signal strength showing in the Pipo M8 good but it is connecting unless I go very near to the WirelEss router. How can I resolve this issue....Please advise me... I bought TWO peices both having same.

Please advise

rehards,

SHIJO

#7 akkakkakka

akkakkakka

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

The Pipo M8 seems like the perfect 9.4" tablet on paper, but this worries me. Are there any other discussions about wifi on the M8?

#8 Glenn2

Glenn2

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

I wonder if they changed something with the 3G version?

I have an M8 and the wifi is very good.

I had a Ployer Momo12 for a few days which I had to send back for screen defects, and they didn't have any more so I gambled on an M8.

Wifi analyser detects far more APs on the M8 than it did the Ployer, and the Speedtest transfer rate stays at maximum possible on my internet connection (only 9.5mbps) even when it drops lower. The Ployer would drop off rapidly in speed within a few feet of the router.

One thing I will mention is the location of the wifi antenna (at least on the non-3g version).
If you are holding the tab in landscape orientation, it is on the left-hand side of the screen - typically where you hold it if you are right handed! So it is easy to cover it with your left hand.

I find it helpful to have my AP's antenna at a 45 degree angle, similar to how I hold my portable wifi devices (phone and tablet).
This way the signals are polarised in the same plane. If you lay your tablet flat, try laying your AP antenna flat too, although bear in mind you will get a black spot where it is pointing.