SH20 firmware

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 plcd22

plcd22

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Could somebody point me in the right direction for getting my Novel back to the way that I got it from the store... I am going to return it and want to make sure that it is back to the way that I bought it. I installed the CM7 and others but now I want to just get it back to factory and for some reason it won't work to do it through pandigital's website. I started with the newest firmware the SH20 and got it back to the 10 and then got CM7 to work pretty good but it won't work for my kids to play Zoodles like I had wanted so I am going to take it back.

I think that all I need is the FW zip file for that so that I can flash it back to the SH20 and undo all my HARD work :'(

Thanks for your help!

#2 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Could somebody point me in the right direction for getting my Novel back to the way that I got it from the store... I am going to return it and want to make sure that it is back to the way that I bought it. I installed the CM7 and others but now I want to just get it back to factory and for some reason it won't work to do it through pandigital's website. I started with the newest firmware the SH20 and got it back to the 10 and then got CM7 to work pretty good but it won't work for my kids to play Zoodles like I had wanted so I am going to take it back.

I think that all I need is the FW zip file for that so that I can flash it back to the SH20 and undo all my HARD work :'(

Thanks for your help!

What the heck? Are you having a hard time reading around the forum?

Topic moved from FW Dev to general discussion.

Find one of the mirrors to the SH20 3/02 FW in the forum or wiki and flash it twice to get back to stock.

Note: a three year old device is hardly cutting edge and won't perform the way newer devices do, so most kids probably won't be happy with the wpdn.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#3 plcd22

plcd22

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

What the heck? Are you having a hard time reading around the forum?

Topic moved from FW Dev to general discussion.

Find one of the mirrors to the SH20 3/02 FW in the forum or wiki and flash it twice to get back to stock.

Note: a three year old device is hardly cutting edge and won't perform the way newer devices do, so most kids probably won't be happy with the wpdn.

ya know would it really KILL any of you to help out people like me...? you will take the time to call us idiots and treat us like dirt when you could have used that same effort to simply post a quick link to where I needed to go.

I had asked because from what I was finding there are still MULTIPLE places where it says that there isn't a FW release for what I needed, and that was on your precious wiki page. with NO thanks to anyone here I was able to find it (I HOPE - because it is flashing right now).

Yes all the answers are probably here on the site somewhere, but for us noobs it is overwhelming to sift through it all to find what we really need. I am sure that to you "power users" it is plain and simple but not everybody is as familar with pandigital or this site as you are.

-----------
i just got the message "Install from sdcard complete"
E:Can't find misc
-----------

hope that isn't a problem? I am reflashing and then will try to boot, sure hope it works (fingers crossed)

#4 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

ya know would it really KILL any of you to help out people like me...? you will take the time to call us idiots and treat us like dirt when you could have used that same effort to simply post a quick link to where I needed to go.

I had asked because from what I was finding there are still MULTIPLE places where it says that there isn't a FW release for what I needed, and that was on your precious wiki page. with NO thanks to anyone here I was able to find it (I HOPE - because it is flashing right now).

Yes all the answers are probably here on the site somewhere, but for us noobs it is overwhelming to sift through it all to find what we really need. I am sure that to you "power users" it is plain and simple but not everybody is as familar with pandigital or this site as you are.

-----------
i just got the message "Install from sdcard complete"
E:Can't find misc
-----------

hope that isn't a problem? I am reflashing and then will try to boot, sure hope it works (fingers crossed)

Excuse me for offending you, but it is n00b's like yourself that clutter the forums with numerous and redundant "help me" topics making the forum such a mess to sift through. Much of this mess can be eliminated if people would actually read some of the pinned topics and wiki to learn what has worked (or not) for others.

I have observed many new members expecting an immediate link or "quick fix" while providing very little details and get pissed when they do not get the answer they expect. Don't see anyone offering any suggestions or help to clean up the boards either.

Note, that I did answer your question, because you actually provided details, albeit in the wrong subforum.

The error should not be a problem and a follow-up with your success or any issues would be appreciated.

Good luck.

"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#5 plcd22

plcd22

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Thankfully I was able to figure it out myself and got it back to stock so that I can return it and be done with it and this site.
And sorry mrsburnout but your "answer" just said "go find it yourself in the wiki" which I did and I was able to make it work. And as had as it may be for you "professionals" to just post a link to a problem, did you ever think that that would actually help others too? I read A LOT of questions that were not answered but simply told to go find it themselves.
And when I first got this WPDN I had questions but first i spent hours reading and searching this site and was still left with some question and was told by many that "I need to use my brain and find it myself".
I know that it must be frustrating but not everyone is as knowledgable as MANY of you are.
I wasn't offended by you alone mrsburnout but I am sorry that I took it out on you!

My WPDN is all back to stock with the SH20 FW from March 2nd :-) So I am happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,292 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Thankfully I was able to figure it out myself and got it back to stock so that I can return it and be done with it and this site.
And sorry mrsburnout but your "answer" just said "go find it yourself in the wiki" which I did and I was able to make it work. And as had as it may be for you "professionals" to just post a link to a problem, did you ever think that that would actually help others too? I read A LOT of questions that were not answered but simply told to go find it themselves.
And when I first got this WPDN I had questions but first i spent hours reading and searching this site and was still left with some question and was told by many that "I need to use my brain and find it myself".
I know that it must be frustrating but not everyone is as knowledgable as MANY of you are.
I wasn't offended by you alone mrsburnout but I am sorry that I took it out on you!

My WPDN is all back to stock with the SH20 FW from March 2nd :-) So I am happy

:good: Thank your for the update and glad you got your pdn back to stock for return. :yahoo:

Honestly, it's not the questions that are the problem. Some people, late to the eReader/tablet scene, who screw up their wpdn via Pandigital's site, come to SLD and expect "drive-thru" service without any self-educating or respect for all the hours of volunteered community effort put in to improve our Novels. There are many who do not even bother to reply with an update when we do provide help, so we just get sick of it. I am sorry if people think I am harsh, but none of these hacks/mods/roms were made overnight and most developers have long since moved on or just got too busy with everyday life.

In the past 6 months, Pandigital locked the 2012fw without a mirror / went bankrupt / pulled their stock fw mirror / yet they still have that S20 FW available for download. :rolleyes:

I do hope you find a good deal on a device that suits your kid's needs.

Regards,
Mrsburnout

Posted Image ~cheers

#7 plcd22

plcd22

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Thank you and sorry for the rant I was on, just a bit frustrating that's all.

I was wanting to keep it and play with it but since it was to be a Christmas present for my kids I can't justify keeping it myself even though it was only $39 + s/h making it $44, I already have a good tablet that I use daily for all kinds of stuff: it is an HP Touchpad with WebOS that I also have hacked to dual boot with CM9 with the nightly builds applied as soon as available :-) can't wait for the CM10...

You have helped to change my impression of this site and the users - thank you

• mrsburnout likes this