Nextway F9x Quick Review.Screen
- really happy, not complaints, its as good as I could have expected a cheap android tablet to be, apart from being a tiny bit recessed, quite similar to ipad 4.
- along with great wifi, this is the drawcard for this tablet..Speed / Benchmarks
See Antutu & Quadrant results.
tablet feels quite fast, almost no lag / good responsive touchscreen...
UI is very fast smooth with only the tiniest bit of lag.. almost non existent on Nova Launcher..
Web browsing with stock browser or dolphin is EXCELLENT. Chrome is slow
-has exceeded my expectations for browsing..
Some graphically intensive apps are a little slow.. looks like a driver issue. For example Ted Talks, when viewing homescreen stutters, then is super fast when scrolling..
The Nextway rom seems faster than other stock roms.. Quadrant
My stock quadrant @ 1008mhz = 3308
Overclocked @ 1200mhz = 3728 Antutu
1200mhz - 12373
Seems to compare quite favorably to other A31 (sure its just because of the software).. see herehttp://forum.xda-dev...2092329&page=15USB Copying
Usb copying seems pretty reasonable
- copy 1GB file to tablet. Average 17MB/sec Battery
- see screenshots attached.
On standby / deep sleep rom is excellent. Loses about 1% every 12 hours.
Screen is the killer as we already know from other A31 Retina tablets..
On my test - roughly over 18 hours with 3hrs 30mins of screen on time..
about 1.5 hours of that was watching 720p video.
wifi on the whole time
heavy/ installing of apps.. (pretty much constantly for the other 2 hours)..
brightness was about 40%.. which is a decent level indoors.
- will do another test with just video on loop with wifi off. (ie watching videos on a plane..)
- would expect approx 4 hours on this test.
very happy with deep sleep. (so many android roms have issues here with battery drain when asleep.. not this one!).Wifi.
THIS IS SUCH A CRITICAL THING FOR A TABLET...
- EXCELLENT-PERFECT. Best tablet experience so far (compared to 4 other ainol).
- at distance of about 4m 47000kbps - same rooom as Access point
- at about 8 to 10m through two brick walls) - still around 20000kbps
(this is so much better than my experience with other tablets... on Ainol elf II & Ainol Fire/Flame doing the same approx tests)
with the ainols I would get @4m - about 17000kbps and @ 8m through 2 brick walls - 5000kbps - but unstable. Camera
Sucks *arse. But its reflected in the price and I knew this when I bought it.. I have a galaxy S3 so hence why I decided to save money here.
(I also don't want to be one of those dorks walking around in public taking pictures with there tablet... )[Market - Apps
has market out of the box..
Also has Root out of the box... (that was easy!)
Most apps work.
Here is what I have had trouble with.
can't install Google + (just get stuck installing and have to close install)
Chrome not in market (Dolphin & stock are much faster on this tablet anyway).
Speedtest.net (not available in market)Games
I'm Not much of a gamer on tablets but..
Temple run & temple run 2 - run perfect smooth
Riptipe - run smooth . its not 60fps.. but maybe 40fps.
I wouldn't get this tablet to play 3D games... The resolution will kill anything too demanding.
Webbrowsing/reading is where this shines..
For $210 or there abouts.. it gets two thumbs up from me!.
External SD Card is not writable..Build quality
- its not an ipad, but feels very solid. S***s on the build quality of the Ainols I have unfortunately owned.
Edited by Tablet_Collector, 15 February 2013 - 02:29 AM.