Photo

Nextway F9X Quad Core A31 Tablet PC 9.7 Inch Android 4.1 Retina IPS Screen 2G Ram

• Please log in to reply
340 replies to this topic

#1 pseudox

pseudox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Here is what looks like the same tablet as the other A31 based ones. The difference is that its going for much cheaper on pandawill at $219.99.

Posted Image

Model Nextway F9X Quad Core Tablet PC
CPU Allwinner A31, Cortex A7 quad core, 1.5GHz; GPU: PowerVR SGX544 MP2
Operation System Android 4.1.1
RAM 2GB (DDR 3)
ROM(Memory) 16GB Nand Flash
Shell Material Plastic
Screen Size 9.7 Inch
Type Retina Screen, IPS
Display LCD
Resolution 2048 x 1536px
Visible Angle 180°

Extend Card Support TF card up to 32GB extended
Camera Dual camera, front is 0.3 megapixels, back is 2.0 mega AF
Gravity Sensor Yes
Multi-Touch Yes, 5 points touch

Play Store Yes, built in
Bluetooth No

Video 4K(4096 x 2160 px), support BlueRay 3D video, AVI/MOV/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MKV…
Music MP3/WMA/WAV/APE/AAC/FLAC/OGG
Ebook UMD, TXT, PDF, HTML, RTF, FB2…
Skype Yes

Email and Browser Yes, built in
WIFI Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
3G Not built in, support external 3G dongle: E1916, ZTE AC2736, HUAWEI E1750, HUAWEI EC122, HUAWEI EM770W
Earphone Interface 3.5mm
Work Time Up to 8 hours
Battery 8000 MAh, 3.7V

#2 Deanox

Deanox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

The price is awesome..

just a decision.. if you want to do skype or video calling.. this will suck with *shiny front cam....

but as a general tablet for apps / webbrowsing.. rockstar ... for $220.. you couldn't beat it..

Just a question.. do I want to spend an extra $45-$50 bucks for better cameras?

is there anything else I am missing in the quality between the Onda v970 and this?

I will be buying one of these Full HD / A31 tablets in the next few weeks.. awesome value.

#3 Deanox

Deanox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

Just to clarify that last line.. not sure exactly which one.. Either Onda V972 or this Nextway..

As far as I am concerned.. the camera on the tablet is a waste of time (who doesnt have a decent phone... (iphone/galxy S3 etc). so you have a camera anyway..

But for *!c* sake.. put a decent front cam on these tablets so we can video call....

Edited by Deanox, 10 January 2013 - 06:38 AM.

#4 Deanox

Deanox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Boom... $209 with standard shipping.

Just ordered one with express shipping to Australia for $238. Bargain.

http://www.*RUN away from this site/nextway-f9x-quad-core-android-4-1-1-tablet-pc-a31-1-5ghz-9-7-retina-ips-2048-1536-16gb.html

Will report back once it arrives.

#5 pseudox

pseudox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for pulling the trigger on this Deanox. If you could do a review, I think a lot of people would be interested, including me.

#6 Deanox

Deanox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for pulling the trigger on this Deanox. If you could do a review, I think a lot of people would be interested, including me.

Will do as soon as it arrives...

#7 msav

msav

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Wow that is a great price.

I could not find much history about nextway and past tablet support. I would love to see how it stacks up against onda v972, ainol novo9, and Chuwi v99.

Looking forward to seeing the review.

#8 Mexez

Mexez

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hello community.

Im new to the "Tablet world" but forthe past week iv'e been reading til my eyes bleeds about every possible (safe buy)except 1, yes the Nextway F9X. This was the first one i was just like OMG QuadCore and stuff.
But when i looked for reviews i coulnd't find any at all:/ so i Bookmarked it and found alot of viable tabs with good reviews And atm im leaning towards the chuwi v99 quad.

But iv'e decided not to buy any until i can read 1 or 2 decent reviews about F9X, and i suspect this forum is the right place to be when it comes:) soi'm waiting patiently.

peace

#9 czarynna

czarynna

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hello community.

Im new to the "Tablet world" but forthe past week iv'e been reading til my eyes bleeds about every possible (safe buy)except 1, yes the Nextway F9X. This was the first one i was just like OMG QuadCore and stuff.
But when i looked for reviews i coulnd't find any at all:/ so i Bookmarked it and found alot of viable tabs with good reviews And atm im leaning towards the chuwi v99 quad.

But iv'e decided not to buy any until i can read 1 or 2 decent reviews about F9X, and i suspect this forum is the right place to be when it comes:) soi'm waiting patiently.

peace

If I'm someone new to the tablet world, i would play the wait-and-see approach too. Pertinent questions like how to root, firmware and ROM updates from tablet producer and custom rom from the community would be very important to me.

A question guys. None of these A31 tablets have built in bluetooth? Of all the 3 quad core cpus, only those with Exynos has built in bluetooth (but Android 4.0) with the RK3188 possibly with bluetooth? I guess i would wait and see what the RK3188 models have to offer.

With Samsung expected to launch a few new tablets next month at the MWC, hopefully other tablet makers (MIC/nonMIC) will be launched too.

#10 ShoaibH

ShoaibH

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Will do as soon as it arrives...

Hi Deanox,

Any update on your F9X? It has been 20 days since you ordered the TAB. Fingers crossed for a much awaited review.

#11 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationVadstena, Sweden

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Don't buy these high resolution tablets based on A31, I just received an Ainol Novo 9 Spark, the GPU can't drive these screens properly, the system is laggy as hell. :-)

Skickat från min novo9-Spark via Tapatalk 2

Edited by fldc, 01 February 2013 - 01:14 PM.

#12 Dvalin21

Dvalin21

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Its more likely the software that is the issue. If you can get the tablet rooted, backup the original launcher, install Nova Launcher, and then delete the stock launcher, you will found that the tablet will run a lot smoother

#13 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationVadstena, Sweden

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

Its more likely the software that is the issue. If you can get the tablet rooted, backup the original launcher, install Nova Launcher, and then delete the stock launcher, you will found that the tablet will run a lot smoother

Stock firmware is insecure, it's running as root already, and no, it does not run smoother with nova unfortunately, it's not just the launcher running slow, it's the whole system, especially with many colors displayed on the screen, try something like google earth in the tablet, it's awful, but hopefully we'll see some sdk improvements from allwinnertech in the future.

#14 RBMaurice

RBMaurice

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Stock firmware is insecure, it's running as root already, and no, it does not run smoother with nova unfortunately, it's not just the launcher running slow, it's the whole system, especially with many colors displayed on the screen, try something like google earth in the tablet, it's awful, but hopefully we'll see some sdk improvements from allwinnertech in the future.

Honestly I don't really think you have any clue what you are talking about. Epic Citadel, Need for Speed Most Wanted and Rayman Jungle Run and Temple Run 2 run just fine on my Onda V972 while the stock launcher runs like *oops. There is no way the SGX544MP2 is powerful enough to run these games in native retina resolution while not being able to smoothly render the UI, it just all comes down to the software and to be honest, the software so far is quite horrible in terms of optimization.

With the right rom however these tablets are the best you can get in terms of price/performance, if we only had a good modder with an A31 tablet...

#15 lambstone

lambstone

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

With the right rom however these tablets are the best you can get in terms of price/performance, if we only had a good modder with an A31 tablet...

Doesn't matter if we have a modder at this point of time. A31 is still extremely new, I don't believe that the SDK or Sources for the chip is out yet.

I keep on reading somewhere there people said that some other people said that the power management chip is not activated.

Does anyone have a source link?

#16 Deanox

Deanox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Just had an update from DHL.. (they upgraded my shipping because it has taken nearly 4 weeks to post, not 1-2weeks like advertised.

my tablet should arrive in 3 or 4 days..

Does anyone know

a) can i run any other roms on the nextway F9x.. from other allwinners?
B) where is the nextway website / is there one?

Ciao.

#17 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

just wanna say i will be receiving my NEXTWAY F9X very soon so i will try making custom rom for it.
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#18 creationsh

creationsh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Just got one @ pandawill <_< (update, i just checked their resellers rating and it is not looking good, 90% of the buyers call it a scam. So I cancelled my order with them via livechat and then I reorder it from ahappydeal 9.55 rating). I wasn't able to read the description on warranty, hopefully it is covered in USA. Once I get it, I amo fficially a proud member at slatedriod.

Edited by creationsh, 11 February 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#19 Deanox

Deanox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

I have only had an hour or so.. but .. my 2 cents..

Screen is Amazing.. literally neck & neck with ipad 4.
touchscreen is very responsive.. I have not even taken the protective plastic off yet and still it is great. (the last few tablets I have had are Ainol ELF II and Ainol Fire/flame - this is sooo much more responsive.

Wifi is PERFECT! yes. -(at the risk of sounding like an Ainol hater.. I have had nightmarish prolblems with 3 out of the last 4 chinese tablets I have purchased..

I get a solid 45,000 kbps download (on speedtest.net) at a distance of about 1.5m.
I get a solid 20,000 kbps download at a range of about 6 metres through two brick walls. (the best I had at that distance with any of the ainol tablets at this same test was about 6mbps).
- also it outperforms my galaxy S3 by a good margin on wifi test- needless to say I am very happy about this.

The tablet feels responsive, webbrowsing is excellent (I use chrome) ..

there are some apps that scroll a little bit slower than I would like... but I will do some more serious testing after I have played around with it further.

The build quality seems good, it feels solid not cheap - all in all very happy with the price / value.
  • mrTaoTao likes this

#20 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Good you like ;)

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE