Android Tablets Forum banner

screen locked -- wifi conflict

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Paul52 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi there are many people in the A.store forum have the problem of the locked screen when the tablet goes into suspension, this is caused by the setting of wifi.

This problem is present only when the wifi is turned "on" and set in "always" during the sleep, after 5 minutes I can unlock the screen.
If i set wifi "off", or wifi "on" but in never mode , i have a delay in unlock of 5 seconds.

Probably something happens when the wifi changes state.

I reloaded firmware 1115V2 and 1219 but nothing is change.

Anyone have any idea how to solve this?
Someone is able to verify that the firmware is there any problem?

Thanks

#2 ·
if you're talking about the "wifi always on" setting, i have the same issue.

tried wifi lock apps, even changed build.prop wifi sleep policy, but still did not work.
wifi will disconnect as if the "wifi always on" is set to "Never"

i was on v1115, so i updated to v1219, but still have the same issue. not sure if folks on cm10 are experiencing it, until there is a solid method of going back to original rom, then ill try it on cm10 and see if it exist there.

*whats weiird is that ive been using this hero since november, and never had the issue until recently. when i first used this, i was able to leave the hero on and torrent big files even when screen is off.
anyways, ill visit the ainol forums and search there to see if anyone could help, most users here i think are on cm 10's.

#4 ·
i'll try cm10.1 this weekend. official and customs seem to be having this issue.. now im worried this could be a hardware problem.

Update: i did some testing on the setting

"Keep wifi on during sleep"
1. "Always" = Wifi will disconnect after 30 secs of locking screen.
2. "Only when plugged in" = working properly, wifi staying connected, no issues.
3. "Never" = wifi stayed connected even after locking screen for 10 mins. but lost connection after 1 hour of locking screen

'Always' and 'Never' seems to be interchanged.
really really weird.

ill try the Official October ROMS and CM10.1's this weekend..

#7 ·
I agree with you and think there could be a hardware issue with this tablet.
I've owned mine for 2 months and have never been able to keep wifi on in sleep mode with any stock firmwares.
Tried several apps and although some fixed the problem, within a few hours use, on unlock the screen goes crazy
and a re-set is the only fix.
I flashed to CM10.1 which did keep wifi on in sleep but again, after a few hours use the screen problem was back.
Maybe the official Ainol JB 4.2 (when it arrives) will fix the problems ... but I have my doubts!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.