Offical S1 Firmware Benefits

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigpickle

bigpickle

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Hi, I'm sure you've all seen the new firmware from Pipo if not its below.

Pipo S1 Official Firmware

I have rooted my device so that I can use Battery Calibration but Ive found some interesting results from the latest firmware, so in the short I found they are :

• Battery is more stable and is less prone to sudden drains when using device (After Battery Calibration)
  • WiFi No longer drops
  • Sound pops and issues have been fixed
  • Device no longer randomly wakes the screen
  • UI is smoother and faster than I've seen with the last official firmware/custom firmware available
  • Market Functionality and compatibility seems much better (I can download and install apps that on last stock firmware said were incompatible)

Edited by bigpickle, 08 January 2013 - 04:16 AM.

#2 Fratello

Fratello

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Thanks for sharing !
Take a look here : http://www.slatedroi...post__p__477040
Ex-owner of MID (8650), LY-F1, Zenithink ZT282 C91 Upgrade ; Eken-T05A ; Teclast P76Ti - now Pipo Smart S1, for my son! There is no perfect tablet !

#3 bigpickle

bigpickle

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Cool nice to know you can flash firmware that acts like your device is rooted. I just went ahead and rooted mine anyway :)

#4 mesk

mesk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Hello all.Ive just flashed to the newest firmware for S1 (12-27-2012) everything is fine one minor detail that bugs me,.After upgrading the wallpaper that is on by default is the JB wallpaper,same one as Nexus 7.Only thing is,i cant seem to find this wallpaper anywhere.Also I seem to have less wallpapers to choose from.Anyone else?

#5 lms

lms

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Search play store and look for 'Jelly Bean Wallpaper'. There is an app that will allow you to download them.