Android Tablets Forum banner

[ROM]Darkwater for Icoo D70 Pro II

61K views 93 replies 19 participants last post by  JoSbg 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Darkwater​

New CWM for rk3066
Use it at your own risk i tested on my Retina and it works full with all internal and external sd full backup etc maybe should work with this icoo d70
flash full parameter,misc,boot,kernel,this newrecovery

Chrome cwm zip(anyone that need just flash it as normal zip no wipe needed)

-------------------------------------------
V2 Testing version
DOWNLOAD
Based on Icoo official firmware 20121219 dump
Rooted superSU
Youtube HD
Build.prop mod
removed Chinese app
stock launcher remover (trebuchet launcher)
cyanogen bootanimation

--------------------------------------------
v1
Based on Icoo official firmware 20121101
Rooted
Youtube 4.2 720pHD
Build.prop defaul
Cleaned Chinese app removed
FLASH via CWM

-----------------------------
DOWNLOAD V1

See less See more
#2 ·
reserve

#5 ·
i will reupload

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Tablet is current in a boot loop where it keeps booting back into CWM even after restoring the backup made. If this was what you meant by "boot loop" it's highly annoying as my tablet does not seem to be able to break out of it.

I had to reflash parameter, misc, kernel, boot and recovery via pc to get "back"....now I'm in CWM trying to restore just system and data using "advanced restore"....something is not being restored correctly.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
nop bootloop was on the second animation where it stay there forever try redownloding the zip.
TRY DOING IN THIS ORDER
WIPE data factory reset
wipe cache
format /system
wipe dalvik cache
flash zip rom

#9 ·
yep the zip only flash /system

#11 ·
Well I selected the new file...it said Finding update.... Opening update, Installing update but then returns right away to the reboot option and there was no time for it to have actually installed anything. Bootup freezes on the D70 White boot page....I had to do a adb reboot recovery to get to where I could restore the backup.

#14 ·
Im still here just haven't had much time left to work on it and soon will be releasing the generick v7 I'm working on sorry for my late replays

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

#16 ·

I made a video for another tablet retina can you check it the memory leak happend on your tablet using any Rom or firmware?

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
I downloaded yesterday just fine. Mediafire is the most reliable with great speeds. I'm gonna try it today sometime and give feedback

--EDIT--

Flashed the ROM. Sorry Darkrick but no luck here. The ROM doesn't boot. I see the boot animation circling around non stop for 10 minutes now but nothing happens.

Really, is there any boot time log file that I can extract and give you? I can browse all internal memory through CWM so I can take and give you any file that my solve the problem.

In my devices adb interface shows up...but when I try to execute adb logcat, I get -waiting for devices-

--EDIT--

Bored to death here Darkrick. Give me something to flash man!!! Just kidding take your time do your best.

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
Darkrick!!!!! Sorry about before not able to get logcat. I found out that there is a specific version of adb.exe that supports RK3066 devices. So here you go...

I hope now you can find the problem of darkwater v2 test.

---EDIT---

Ok I surrender your ROM finally works!!! I changed some ROMS in a couple of days and messed up my tablet. So I reverted back to stock using RKTool and icood70pro220121203.img. Over that I flashed darkwater v2 (wiped system, caches, data as always). Now boots perfect!

On my 1st try I was on generick v6 and flashed darkwater over it (with full wipe of course). I think with all the ROM changing, maybe I flashed a boot.img version that isn't supported by your ROM so I got the infinite boot animation. Thanks again, I'll try it right away.

Still use my logcat just for debugging.

p.s. This hacker's full fledged keyboard RULEZ! but still no chrome in your rom and for some reason Chrome doesn't show up on market. Maybe something's wrong with build.prop? I'll just copy the one I used previously.

Attachments

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
Oups! Still I can't be sure I haven't played a lot with darkwater but generick felt more smooth to me. Also I have 2 problems!

1) Chrome doesn't work with this ROM for me. I tried market, but chrome doesn't show up. I tried copy chrome.apk to system, but chrome's crashing

2) I turn off my the tablet to charge it quickly. The problem is that when I plug the cable I see the charge animation running for 5-6 times (green battery that fills up) and then the screen goes off. After that, boot logo (white screen with icoo logo) comes up for 2-3 sec. Again the battery charge animation starts running for 5-6 times and......this thing is looping forever not letting the tablet charge right.

#38 ·
check first post i have post a new cwm that maybe work with this tablet also and tha chrome cwm zip

#40 · (Edited by Moderator)
When I try to install new CWM I get the following error

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "rk3066" || ("ro.product.device") == "rk30sdk"
(Status 7)

I used RKTool and flashed recovery.img found in your zip. So it's ok for me. Darkrick can you give me the correct boot.img for this ROM? Maybe this will fix the charge problem.

Now that we have CWM 6.X and we can flash boot.img through CWM I think you must add the corresponding one inside the darkwater package

#41 ·
K@mai, where did you get the icood70pro220121203.img? The only one I see on the icoo site is from Nov. I can't get DarkwaterV2 to boot probably because of image files not part of /system. I am flashing from stock but that is the Nov one and too early for DarkwaterV2.

#42 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok news news and news. The below info will probably make your darkwater installation work.

I solved my charge looping screen. As I suspected the problem was boot.img. For darkwater you need the 1219 boot.img

So I just created A Package with RKTool + boot.img from 1219 + CWM 6.X darkrick posted and may have problems installing it like me. The steps are simple

1) start you tablet and be sure to disable debugging mode
2) Start RKandroidtool and press "reboot to flash mode". After a sec you will see Found RKAndroid...
3) Select from the above list the 5 and 6 (boot and recovery)
4) Press Flash ROM
5) Done!

#44 · (Edited by Moderator)
Darkwater​

New CWM for rk3066
Use it at your own risk i tested on my Retina and it works full with all internal and external sd full backup etc maybe should work with this icoo d70
flash full parameter,misc,boot,kernel,this newrecovery

Chrome cwm zip(anyone that need just flash it as normal zip no wipe needed)

-------------------------------------------
V2 Testing version
DOWNLOAD
Based on Icoo official firmware 20121219 dump
Rooted superSU
Youtube HD
Build.prop mod
removed Chinese app
stock launcher remover (trebuchet launcher)
cyanogen bootanimation

#47 ·
I have investigated the issue in some details... it is related to the boot.img. If the services.jar and framework.jar files are compiled against a different boot image, then it will get stuck in the boot animation. I basically found just 3 files in the /framework that are different between my original romdump and generickV6. That's why some reported stuck on bootanim, too old boot.img.

Sorry if you already know this.

So I have made my own ROM, a barebones, based on my 20121220 romdump. I think it is close to identical to Darkwater in the basics, just the essentials are left over in in terms of system apps. Plus I have retained the Nexus 7 spoofing.

#50 ·
If you installed a non standard battery the percentages are probably not going to line up... as I recall code had to be added to my htc hd2 kernel to support the 2500mah batteries over the 1450mah default..they would actually show the battery running down to 15% and then staying at 15% for a LONG time vs normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.