MK809 custom roms?
Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:36 AM
Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:47 AM
Am looking for it too.
There is one - but a bit difficult to flash.
Copied and pasted from the other site :-
Custom ROM for MK809 (Finless v1.7)
There is a custom ROM you can install on your MK809 which gives you the following benefit :
1) A choice of custom kernels with Overclock support and FULL 1080P resolution!
WARNING! Be careful which kernel you choose for overclock!
Without a heatsink on the processor you CAN BURN OUT YOUR UG802!!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
2) OC Kernels are also provided for 720p for users that do not have a TV with 1080.
See instructions IN THE ROM KEY README for deciding which kernel and boot.img to flash!
3) Fully rooted with the latest SU and SuperUser.apk
4) FULL Goole Play store! Thanks for tips from 2dark4u this enables full market in regions like Ukrain!
For instance, onlive APP should now show in Google Play!
5) All GAPPs updated to latest. This includes the latest Play Store, GMS Core, Youtube, Gmail, etc.
However Google Search is not updated as the latest cannot be a system APP. So update that once you are running.
6) I added a reboot APP that will allow you to reboot the device from the Android UI. No more unplugging the unit!
7) I give you the HIDE STATUS BAR feature BUILT IN!
On the status bar is a DOWN arrow icon. Click it and status bar is gone!
To bring it back just go into settings and it will pop back up.
I give you the TV Browser we have seen in other uGoos ROMs. So this ROM like all my ROMs has both launchers!
9) Full init.d support has been added! If you do not know what that is... ignore it.
Basically it allows you to install scripts that run at boot time.
If your interested, google search V6SuperCharger for a neat speed booster script.
10) User APP space by default was only 512MB.
I have now given you 2 parameter files to chose from! A 1GB APP space and a 2GB APP space choice!
By default the 1GB is chosen in the flash tool. This leaves 1.67GB Internal SDcard.
You can choose the 2GB parameter file which will leave you with only 670MB Internal SDcard.
The choice is yours!
So, if you flash this ROM using the PC based flash tool, you get more APP space. However, using
the SDcard update.img method for this ROM still leaves you with 504MB. Update.img from SDcard cannot
repartition the memory space. So if you want the larger APP space, use the PC flash tool.
To choose the 2GB parameter file, in the flash tool click the empty box to the far right of the parameter line.
A file browser will open. Navigate to the FinlessROM folder and select the parameter2gb file.
YOU MUST ERASE NAND (IDB) for this to work!
11) I added the Xbox Xpad.ko module as well as the XML file tweaks to support other game controllers.
12) I also added cifs.ko and md4.ko BUT! I have not tested them myself! So you all need to let me know CIFS works or not.
Follow the guide here:
[ http://vondroid.com/...7-...root.5345/ ]
Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:51 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users