ROM:16GB Nand Flash
Screen : 9.7 Inch Retina Screen, IPS
Display : LCD 2048 x 1536px 180°
Dual camera, front is 2.0 megapixels, back is 5.0 mega AF
Battery: 10000 MAh,
Video: 4K(4096 x 2160 px), support BlueRay 3D video

See less See more
#2 ·
Isn't this the same spec as the Novo9 Firewire? If not then what is the difference because I can't see any.

I wonder if it is the same model but called a different name by some vendors.

#4 ·
Ok cheers pseudox

Reactions: 85331010
#5 ·
Well you could've checked the A31-listed topics, there's one that says:

Ainol Novo9 Firewire
Not sure if Firewire is the actual name (Google Translate)
Spark is probably the final official name for the tablet.
It wasn't communicated anywhere in English before, so Google Translate made it into 'Firewire' as where to 'Spark' would've been more accurate.

I have no doubt these tablets are in fact the same.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok sounds good to me. I'll do some deleting/merging to get these into one thread with Spark as the title.

By the way I didn't see the "Not sure if Firewire is the actual name (Google Translate)" as it doesn't show up in Tapatalk which is how I access the forum 99% of the time.

Also, when I checked Aliexpress earlier 2 suppliers have the Novo9 Spark listed and 10 have the Novo9 Firewire!

Jez
P.S. AC Slater I just noticed you have a Jiayu G3. Would be interested in your views on this (via pm to keep this thread on topic). Thanks

#10 ·
Of course they're the same model, lol. What I'd tell ya.

But wait, what? March? Why do I have a hard time believing that.

Pandawill their pre-order lead-time mentions 28th of January.
One of the official Ainol provided Tmall-stores mentions the release 'around the 25th'.
Another shipping out the Novo9 'around 15-20 working days' after payment is received.

Also, strategicly delaying it would be a bad move. Especially since all the features seem known and fix.
Tablets like these (9.7" Ultra high res) are already availlable.

If it would really take that long, I bet people would rather wait for the upcoming Teclast/Cube/Onda/Ployer/Window(Yuandao)/Aoson etc 9.7" and 10.1" RK3188 tablets.
The A31-chipset created some hope at first glance, but I have yet to hear any raving stories about how great it performs. Seems to be quite the contrary, in that it's a bit of a let down.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have to agree with AC Slater. Novo 9 Spark is coming out now and not in March.

Ainol store says 167 in stock just checking now. That means they are making & selling them in China already. Will take about 2 weeks to make it out to all re-sellers. ie. by end of January should be selling & shipping from many online stores.

Onda has released V812 & V972 and cashing in on these tablets. Also, Chuwi V99 Quad is out. Ainol needs to get in the game soon or lose out on tablet sales.

Plus, RK3188 tablets will be coming out in March or April. So, best for tablet makers with A31 to get them out by end of January. Otherwise people could start to wait for RK3188 tablets instead.

A31 Tablets Compared To RK3066 Ones
slightly better GPU, worse battery life (30-60 mins. less @ standard resolution), slightly weaker CPU, maybe better VPU(?), so-so (or unstable?) firmware - In summary, the slightly better GPU performance of A31 is not worth getting one because battery life takes a good hit plus other issues too.

#12 ·
I have to agree with AC Slater. Novo 9 Spark is coming out now and not in March.

Ainol store says 167 in stock just checking now. That means they are making & selling them in China already. Will take about 2 weeks to make it out to all re-sellers. ie. by end of January should be selling & shipping from many online stores.

Onda has released V812 & V972 and cashing in on these tablets. Also, Chuwi V99 is out. Ainol needs to get in the game soon or lose out on tablet sales.

Plus, RK3188 tablets will be coming out in March or April. So, best for tablet makers with A31 to get them out by end of January. Otherwise people could start to wait for RK3188 tablets instead.

A31 Tablets Compared To RK3066 Ones
slightly better GPU, worse battery life (30-60 mins. less @ standard resolution), slightly weaker CPU, maybe better VPU(?), so-so (or unstable?) firmware - In summary, the slightly better GPU performance of A31 is not worth getting one because battery life takes a good hit plus other issues too.
@Nickos-v
So A31 tablets are not worth buying?
Have you heard anything about the forthcoming Ainol Spark? With their history of bad wifi and constant firmware updates, I am wondering if I should wait for that one.

#16 ·
@Nickos: Thx for ur input, actually my Ainol NOvo 7 Advance have week wifi also, i just thought that was the version now seem to be ainol give bad reputation on wifi range

It seem my store here doesnt have P88 u mention (is it was Teclast P88), they have P85 i guest and seem using same chip (not sure why there alot of same spec tablet from same brand), and i have my eyes on the Onda V812 also, hope there new stable fiemware soon. Guest ill wait abit and see.

The new retina high res screen really attractive though, but i like 8" more. Hope to have better 8" release soon

#17 ·
yes, Ainol was known for it's "Bad Firmware Releases" back in 2011 when the Novo7 Advanced Gen1 came out.I gave up with the Tablet and gave it to my Mom abd then bought a Window N70 RK3066 based tablet an never looked back "Love this thing". Still i "Could..." say Ainol is releasing some bad Firmware releases but idk i'm just saying. Now i am sticking with Company "Window" (Now Vido). They have so far till this present day released Firmware that have FIXED known issues like Battery consumption (merely Stand-by function) and some setting issues. Though only time will tell now and i keep my eye on Ainol time-to-time. for now though i am sticking with Rockchip and there CPU Line. Allwinner is a mixed bag for me right now

@Nickos-V i stand by your statements man

#18 ·
Thx for ur in put also, you and Nikos have been provide great info for me back there lol. Had to admit the Ainol Novo 7 stock firmware is real bad and i decide to buy it just because it seem popular with some custom rom (feiyu) and it seem smooth compare to other same spec, but week wifi is a huge negative and now i too gave it to my mom also so i want a new tablet

Have my eyes on onda v812 at first but it seem bad in battery (new firmware somehow improve it abit) then saw onda v972 to have retina screen but really like the ainol spark design. If it have good wifi and smoothier than v972 (seem abit lag on those video on youtube) then i might get it. Hope it does.

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
this whole "retina" display feature is only more then a gimmick into thinking it's something that's way better to make the display better then the regular Res. such as 1280x800. really please who is going to look THAT CLOSE at the Screen? not me
that feature is a waste of everyones time. it waste battery life and makes any tablet work harder so you loose battery and performance

IF anything i would most certainly wait for the RK3188 base Tablets BUT if you can't then i'd sure stay with RK3066 base Tablets (Preferably Vido, Nextway, or Teclast). i would also put Cube BUT Cube is known for some Quality issues

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
"Rentina" is not about resolution it is about pixel density and pixel per degree. ppi should about greater than 300. Most phones with 4.5-5" screens are 312-342 ppi some of the phones with 5" screens have 1920x1080 screens yielding 441 ppi. Basically the human eye cannot see more than 300 ppi at 10-12" viewing distance assuming 20/20 vision. Maximum ppi for humans is about 441. Phones are typically held closer to the face and thus require more pixels to maintain "Rentina" integrity. Displays with more pixels can in turn make lower resolution videos and pictures seem to be more clear depending on how advanced video software can upscale and with upscaling method is used. Now that we get xbmc on both android and ios I hope video playback will start to become serious. As most android video players are kinda a joke in terms of picture rendering and scaling is concerned.

#28 ·
Do you think this could be because of the retina display? That is my only concern with the spark. I'd rather it have a 1280 x 800 res imo.

I know you can change the pixel density on android. Do you think lowering the resolution this way would speed things up a bit and save some battery?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.