• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gotling

gotling

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

There seems to be a few issues with the battery and charging of it in the firmware for Zenithink C94. I would here like to start a topic where we can discuss problems that concerns battery level and charging.

Problems

• Reaching full charge takes a long time
  • Battery level falls down when charger is being disconnected
  • Battery level shows higher than actual when connecting charger
  • Battery level fluctuates when running on battery
  • System load has impact on current battery level being displayed

Solutions

• Upgrading to latest firmware (1205) seems to make the problem with battery level falling when charger being disconnected less noticeable

Please share you thoughts and experiences on how these problems can be stolved.

Edited by gotling, 06 January 2013 - 01:20 PM.

Model: Zenithink C94 Firmware: ZT285_H8_1a_1GB_Android4.0_1205_V1.12

#2 gotling

gotling

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Charge time 0-100%: 4 hours

See screenshot:

Attached File  2013_1_6_17.51.51.png   104.49KB   40 downloads

One can see that it jumped op from 0% to 70% when charger was connected. The charge then raised quite slowly.
There is a v-shaped dip where I changed power outlet.

It's also interesting to notice that Cell standby has used 35% of the battery when the tablet has no built in cell hardware. I will disable Data enabled under Wireless & Networks > More... > Mobile networks and see if it goes away.

Edited by gotling, 06 January 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#3 gotling

gotling

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Depleted the battery once again and recharged it. The battery depleted in just over 3 hours playing a 720p video clip in VLC.

Connecting the charger the battery level jumped straight up to 60% and then went up linear.

Even though I turned of Data i still shows as have taken up same amount of battery as the next thing, which was VLC.

Attached File  zenithink_c94_battery_2013_1_7_21.58.14.png   84.86KB   31 downloads

#4 leandrourquidiz

leandrourquidiz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hi, ive got the same problem, i installed the firmware "1205" and in my case after that installation the problem is still there, i dont know what is the solution but i dont know, maybe if we install a "3a" version? Who knows? Lets keep in contact so we can find a solution

#5 mrathb

mrathb

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

i have a c94 with me for some reason it wont charge unless the charger is in a certain spot but the jack doesnt seem to be wobbly or anything and this c94 hasnt been dropped or damaged also when trying to get the update to install i get an error message about not being able to verify the package so it cancels it

this c94 is 1A version

Edited by mrathb, 01 February 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#6 dogkh

dogkh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

If your tablet 1а, then establish 2а (Wi-Fi won't be gone) and level of the battery will be as it should be

#7 pield

pield

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

If your tablet 1а, then establish 2а (Wi-Fi won't be gone) and level of the battery will be as it should be

So having a H8_1a tablet with H8_2a android rom will fix the battery problems?
wifi will work and everything will be OK if using H8_1a with H8_2a rom?

thanx

#8 dogkh

dogkh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Hi, Yes, "if using H8_1a with H8_2a rom" will be OK (But!! the indicator of battery will always be in a charge mode). Try it. At 2% doesn't prevent to play or watch movie.

#9 pield

pield

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

Hi, Yes, "if using H8_1a with H8_2a rom" will be OK (But!! the indicator of battery will always be in a charge mode). Try it. At 2% doesn't prevent to play or watch movie.

Thanx for your reply! =)

I will install it then because the low battery message is really annoying when the battery is about to die (less than 15%) hope using H8_1a with H8_2a will fix that and wont ruin anything else

#10 wrxxy

wrxxy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

I cant believe you guys are still persisting with it, if its not working properly send it back!

#11 Spitzbube

Spitzbube

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:14 AM

Since some days the power jack on my C94 was not working anymore - there was no red LED and the battery did not charge. So I opened my C94 and looked for the issue with the power jack. Unfortunately the connector is on the back side of the PCB. So I had to dismount the PCB. After this I found that the power jack was not correctly soldered.

I resoldered the power jack connector to the PCB and guess what - it is working again!

See the attached image about the issue before my repair.

Attached Files

• walou15 and bardish like this
Zenithink C94 Firmware: ZT285_H8_2a_1GB_Android4.0_0329_V1.11

#12 walou15

walou15

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

Since some days the power jack on my C94 was not working anymore - there was no red LED and the battery did not charge. So I opened my C94 and looked for the issue with the power jack. Unfortunately the connector is on the back side of the PCB. So I had to dismount the PCB. After this I found that the power jack was not correctly soldered.

I resoldered the power jack connector to the PCB and guess what - it is working again!

See the attached image about the issue before my repair.

Hi,

My usb ports don't work anymore and I want to open the tablet to check that.... but I don't know how and I don't want to break the case.
Could you open a new thread and explain us how to open it please ?!! Posted Image

Thanks

#13 roadking0678

roadking0678

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

Ive had a lot of issues with mine... the connector is loose, the battery level changes between apps, and wont charge right now

#14 Live-Wire

Live-Wire

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Help Help. my charger wont work. Will micro USB charge batt for me ?