• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#21 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

So does anyone have a bootloader/recovery dump from one of these devices to share? I pretty much know how to fix this at this point, just nothing good to work with.

I have the same situation ....

All my problems starting when by error i put one aml_autoscript from other Model aino (HERO)

if fatexist mmc 0:1 u-boot.bin
then
if fatload mmc 0:1 82000000 u-boot.bin
then
nand device 1
nand erase 0
nand rom_write 82000000 0 60000
defenv
setenv upgrade_step 4
setenv update_noscript 'run prepare; bmp display ${bootup_offset}; if mmcinfo; then if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} aml_autoscript; then; fi; if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} uImage_recovery; then setenv bootargs ${bootargs} a9_clk_max=800000000; bootm; fi; if fatload mmc 0 ${loadaddr} recovery.img; then setenv bootargs ${bootargs} a9_clk_max=800000000; bootm; fi; fi; nand read recovery ${loadaddr} 0 600000; setenv bootargs ${bootargs} a9_clk_max=800000000; bootm'
setenv upgrade_check ' if itest ${upgrade_step} == 0; then defenv; save; run update; else if itest ${upgrade_step} == 1; then defenv_without reboot_mode; setenv upgrade_step 2; save; else if itest ${upgrade_step} == 4; then setenv upgrade_step 1;run update_noscript; fi;fi;fi'
save
reset
fi
fi
fi

This autoscript made a NAND ERASE and from this moment the Tablet Crystal is DEAD.

NOTHING .... in differents PCS ,and differents USB Cables ,either recognized teh tablet in PC

Its frustant

Regards

Sure that fuser and tigger ,find a solution ..... XD

Edited by albertetsbd, 07 January 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#22 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

So does anyone have a bootloader/recovery dump from one of these devices to share? I pretty much know how to fix this at this point, just nothing good to work with.

Here is the bootloader and the recovery image that albertetsbd pulled off his device. They appear to be the same size though, so I'm not sure if it's right. What are you planning on doing with them?
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#23 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

I also have extracted these files from my still working Crystal - but again, both files are the same size.

Edited by Yvanna, 08 January 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#24 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

I also have extracted these files from my still working Crystal - but again, both files are the same size.

I don't know exactly what we can do with these files ..... Wait for news of fuser and tigger

Regards ;)

#25 Pilacel

Pilacel

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I have one Crystal with 121208 but my Windows 7 can not see any divice. I try with all the usb ports. All the Crystal with 121208 have the same error. The tablet is completely brick. Please help us to recover.

#26 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

As long as Ainol not publish the december FW or the sources it will be a hard work. We perfom test but so far without success.
We need the uImage files from the december FW.
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Ainol Novo Crystal 7 (batch 2/ 121108)
Pipo M8

#27 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationVadstena, Sweden

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Here is the bootloader and the recovery image that albertetsbd pulled off his device. They appear to be the same size though, so I'm not sure if it's right. What are you planning on doing with them?

Broken links, the files needed can be extracted from these, the size doesn't matter, the images are filled out with zeros, the nand size of these two partitions are the same, so anyone with working links, i would be thankful :D

Edited by fldc, 08 January 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#28 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Broken links, the files needed can be extracted from these, the size doesn't matter, the images are filled out with zeros, the nand size of these two partitions are the same, so anyone with working links, i would be thankful :D

I moved them into a new folder here. I'm pretty sure you can't extract or unpack a bootloader. You can definitely unpack a recovery file though but I haven' been able to pack it back together properly yet.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#29 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

I don't know exactly what we can do with these files ..... Wait for news of fuser and tigger

That's pretty much what I am doing :)

#30 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

I got these files for Tigger - and am more than happy to make them available for you too if you want. Please PM me with your email and I will give you access to them :)

#31 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

I moved them into a new folder here. I'm pretty sure you can't extract or unpack a bootloader. You can definitely unpack a recovery file though but I haven' been able to pack it back together properly yet.

Thanks, it's not so much unpacking, the uboot uImage binary can be hexedited out :D

#32 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

I got these files for Tigger - and am more than happy to make them available for you too if you want. Please PM me with your email and I will give you access to them :)

Thank you, I'll do that :D

#33 enhydra

enhydra

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

As long as Ainol not publish the december FW or the sources it will be a hard work. We perfom test but so far without success.
We need the uImage files from the december FW.

Thank all of you for your help. :)

I've got stuck with the same problem. I got 2 crystal tablets: One is already hard brick, the other is still alive. ;-) May I also extract the files from the working one or is it useless? If I get you right, then we have to wait for the FW. Correct?

#34 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Thank all of you for your help. :)

I've got stuck with the same problem. I got 2 crystal tablets: One is already hard brick, the other is still alive. ;-) May I also extract the files from the working one or is it useless? If I get you right, then we have to wait for the FW. Correct?

Exactly the same situation that you .....
I can extract bootloader and recovery form that Crystal working and passed to tigger and fuser ,but at this moment the
perfom test that they made without success...

waiting for good news .....

#35 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Thanks, it's not so much unpacking, the uboot uImage binary can be hexedited out :D

hi
Any news ??? Good news ??? :rolleyes:

my daughter wants to kill me for having broken the Crystal <_<

#36 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

Hi

I posted yesterday in Facebook Ainol Official Fan Page ...

My post : Ainol, please release source code for the different variations of the Novo 7 Crystal tablets. i but 2 tablets and are nice but i have one brick and i cant made NOTHING

Answer of Facebook Ainol Official Fan Page :

Hi,we will rush up.

maybe it would be a good idea for most people to do the same request in facebook .... ???

Regards

#37 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hi

I posted yesterday in Facebook Ainol Official Fan Page ...

My post : Ainol, please release source code for the different variations of the Novo 7 Crystal tablets. i but 2 tablets and are nice but i have one brick and i cant made NOTHING

Answer of Facebook Ainol Official Fan Page :

Hi,we will rush up.

maybe it would be a good idea for most people to do the same request in facebook .... ???

Regards

Lol, I did it a couple days ago. :D

#38 Rafael5000

Rafael5000

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

Then post your romdump, stock ROM version and the SN number of your Crystal here. Fuser-invent will try to help and find a solution.

EDIT:

121108 G09184 / batch 2 / STOCK ROM 1119 (tigger-gg)
ROMDUMP

121208 G16956 / batch ? / STOCK ROM 1119 ( albertetsbd)
ROMDUMP

121208 ? / batch ? / STOCK ROM 1119 (Miziel)
CWM Recovery
or
CWM Recovery (parted by Total Commander)

Build number:

Android version:

Serial number:

121208G18840

Batch 3

Rooted and with a few apps.

I followed the instructions above and obtained a couple of .img files, which are linked below:

https://www.dropbox....wl0t/q2kaQ5G489

Edited by Rafael5000, 09 January 2013 - 09:10 PM.

#39 tired old man 1

tired old man 1

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

fuser and all, I've the FLU since Tues, I made a long post to Personal Converstion seems it didn' post there so here is the short take.

Batch 2 and 3 are diffrent inside, the display for one thing, BUT mainly there are "two" what I belive are flash chips in batch 2 but only "one" in batch 3. part# 29F64G08CBAAA, attached are side by side pix. Think that's the problem?
The CPU is different in the second line of the part #

Attached Files

#40 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

@ Rafael5000 - Whats your kernel number?

@ tired old man 1 - Thanks for the photos, looks like flash memory to me as well but its hard to tell with the image not large enough. Shouldn't pose a problem but it's odd, maybe they moved from two 4GB chips to one 8GB chip. The new screen type does pose a problem but should be workable. What's the info on the CPU? Any other noticeable changes in hardware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users