#1 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hello gals and guys,

it´s seems as if there are more and more bricked Crystals every day.

For batch 1 fuser-invent posted the [HOW TO] Unbrick your Ainol Crystal .

To use this solution also for batch 2 und 3 it`s required an romdump of a fresh installed stock ROM.
Everyone with a WORKING batch 3 Crystal can help. Follow the instructions in the link in my post. It will look like here.

EDIT:

I have found another method, maybe a little bit easier.
http://www.addictive...rtition-images/
Look below at "Alternative Method If The Above Does Not Work:". For this method you have to be root and have to install Terminal Emulator.

Alternative Method If The Above Does Not Work:

If this method does not work for you and all you need to backup is your recovery and boot images, you can simply do so as follows.

Note: Do NOT attempt to backup the system partition using this method as the system image it produces this way will NOT be a valid system image to be used later to restore your system partition. Use it only for the recovery and boot partition images.

If you are using ADB, connect your device to your computer via USB, launch a command prompt window on your computer and enter the following command:

adb shell

If you are using Terminal Emulator instead, just launch it on your Android phone and enter the following command and agree to grant any permissions you’re prompted for:

su

The remaining process will be the same for both ADB and Terminal Emulator.
Enter the following command:

cat proc/mtd

You will get an output similar to this. Note that your result may differ from this one and you must proceed according to the output that you get, rather than the example that you see here.

dev:    size   erasesize  name
    mtd0: 000a0000 00020000 "misc"
    mtd1: 00480000 00020000 "recovery"
    mtd2: 00300000 00020000 "boot"
    mtd3: 0fa00000 00020000 "system"
    mtd4: 02800000 00020000 "cache"
    mtd5: 093a0000 00020000 "userdata"

To dump the recovery image to your SD card, make note of the first word of the line which says “recovery” in the end. It is ‘mtd1’ in case of this example but may be another entry for you. Now use this command, replacing ‘mtd1’ with the term that applies in your case, if different:

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd1 of=/sdcard/recovery.img bs=4096

Similarly, to dump the boot image to your SD card, make note of the first word of the line which says “boot” in the end, which is ‘mtd2’ in our case but may differ for you. Use this command now, replacing ‘mtd2’ with the term that is applicable in your case, if different:

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=4096

That’s it – you now have recovery.img and boot.img backed up on the root of your SD card.

Then post your romdump, stock ROM version and the SN number of your Crystal here. Fuser-invent will try to help and find a solution.

EDIT:

121108 G09184 / batch 2 / STOCK ROM 1119 (tigger-gg)
ROMDUMP

121208 G16956 / batch ? / STOCK ROM 1119 ( albertetsbd)
ROMDUMP

121208 ? / batch ? / STOCK ROM 1119 (Miziel)
CWM Recovery
or
CWM Recovery (parted by Total Commander)

Edited by tigger-gg, 05 January 2013 - 08:15 AM.

Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Ainol Novo Crystal 7 (batch 2/ 121108)
Pipo M8

#2 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Thanks tigger

One crsytal OK ( from factory ):
STOCK ROM 1119
SN NOVO7CRYSTAL121208G16956

Other Crystal DEAD TOTALLY ( i try change rom ,dont boot,dont menu recovery,dont turn on,dont recognize pc,nothing of nothing):

STOCK ROM 1119 ( now i dont know that XDD)
SN NOVO7CRYSTAL121208G16954

I dont know what is a or how made a romdump .I have a backup made with clocworkmod in Crystal OK with the same configuration ( stock rom 1119 )

I hope this help us

Now is uploading in google drive.When finish i put the link with the backup (its about 490 mb )

LINK for backup : https://docs.google....UZFOTJBMWM/edit

Thanks for all tigger
kind regards

Edited by albertetsbd, 05 January 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#3 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I dont know what is a or how made a romdump .

Follow this instructions, it is easy.
Thanks for your help!
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Pipo M8

#4 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Follow this instructions, it is easy.
Thanks for your help!

i try ,inthe link that you post ,but in crystal thats is working fine i dont have root .... and i think that is not posible
the backup with clockwordmod is coming soon ...

thanks again

Sorry for my english ( i'm catalan (spanish))

#5 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Sorry for my english ( i'm catalan (spanish))

Don´t worry ;) . I have to say too sorry for my english. I´m from germany.
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Pipo M8

#6 Yvanna

Yvanna

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hi there, I will get this done later in my day - hopefully before you are back on line :-)

Got to admit, given that I was unable to do a backup from either CWM or TRWP and both seemed to have bad directions on how to get to the system information ... I will be crossing fingers and toes.

Thanks for all your help & patience Tigger.

#7 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Don´t worry ;) . I have to say too sorry for my english. I´m from germany.

Backup : https://docs.google....UZFOTJBMWM/edit

too is edited first post

Thanks tigger anf thanks fuser

Edited by albertetsbd, 05 January 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#8 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Backup : https://docs.google....UZFOTJBMWM/edit

too is edited first post

You got it, thanks :good:
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Pipo M8

#9 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

You got it, thanks :good:

sorry for my idiot questions but .

I have a doubt ,in my crystal dead ( that no response nothing ) how boot ?
i think that i need "someone" that automatically from sdcard repair ... like aml_autoscript (from a AInol Hero ) that for error i have in sdcasd when put the first time and then DEAD the Crystal

with cwm in sdcard dont show recovery menu ... nothing ... then how unbrick ?

the backup is from the other that works ok ..

which files i need to put in a sdcard ? my backup of cwm ?

its the same my backup with CWM that a romdump ?

sorry but im newbie in tablets

Edited by albertetsbd, 05 January 2013 - 10:25 AM.

#10 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationVadstena, Sweden

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

At last, soon to work with trying to unbrick my crystal :D

#11 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

At last, soon to work with trying to unbrick my crystal :D

you too in the same situation that me ?

no recognize in pc ,no boot recovery ,etc ? (totally dead ?)

Tigger , HEEEEELLLLPPPPP :)

Edited by albertetsbd, 05 January 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#12 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Patience ;)
I have'nt done this before. As long as fuser is sick I will try my verry best.
I have to do some tests on my batch 2.
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Pipo M8

#13 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Patience ;)
I have'nt done this before. As long as fuser is sick I will try my verry best.
I have to do some tests on my batch 2.

Hi tigger

You have a Private Message with your demands

Regards

#14 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

For fixing dead devices with black screens, these nandroid dumps are not sufficient, a dump of bootloader and recovery is also needed, as described in the first post.

Edited by fldc, 05 January 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#15 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm starting to recover from the flu but will have a pretty busy work week, I will try to do my best to work on this and help people out. As for problems getting your computer to recognize the tablet, I responded to albertetsbd's PM with the following:

1. Make sure you have charged your tablet. You can't really tell if it's charging or not, but plug it in and leave it for at least 1 hour. You need it to have enough juice to do the following.

2. Unplug your tablet and hold down the power button for 10-15 seconds. This will force the tablet to shut off.

3. Plug your tablet into the USB port on the computer. Make sure you have no other devices plugged into your USB ports, just in case they interfere, unless it's something that you really need to use. Don't do anything yet.

4. Make sure you have downloaded the zip file called "AML Image Burn Tool." That is the software, the zip called "AML Flash" contains the files that the AML flash tool (or AML Image Burn Tool) will "flash" onto your device. Open the software and open you "device manager" on your computer.

5. Hold down the power and vol - button for at least 5-10 seconds and see if the device shows up in the device manager. It might be under a subcategory like "portable devices." So make sure to look around for it. If that didn't work, then try holding down the power and home buttons for 5-10 seconds.

6. Hopefully the device will show up in your device manager and you can continue on with the other steps, however, do not use the files in the "AML Flash" zip package to try and fix your device. They will not work! So far, I and the other people working on the problem think that the boot.img needs to be replaced. When we are ready to test, we will create a new "AML Flash" zip with the files you need to use. The uImage_usb_burning file will probably need to be replaced.

Let me know if you are able to get your device recognized by the computer with these steps.

------

I know there are quite a few of you out there experiencing this problem, so please respond on whether or not you can get your computer to recognize the device. If some people can and some people can't then it is probably more of a problem with the directions. Unless the battery has completely died and won't charge, there is no reason the computer should not at least recognize the device as an M3 or M6 chip.

We need to figure out what to use in place of the "uImage_usb_burning" file. Also, I don't think anyone has gotten to the AML flash tool to complete to 100%. What we are trying to do is bring these devices from the M3/M6 Chip mode to a point where they can auto-flash using the SD card recovery method.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#16 tired old man 1

tired old man 1

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I've seen nothing in DM so far, but I'm not to clear on the AML items, when I go to the down load site there is a AML Image download file and a seperate AML Flash file, are they to end up in the same file folder? Is the "flash" to be on a SD card? When un-ziped only AML Image has an application.
I've done binary edits that pretty deep on devices, but this angle is new to me.

thanks
Tom

#17 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I've seen nothing in DM so far, but I'm not to clear on the AML items, when I go to the down load site there is a AML Image download file and a seperate AML Flash file, are they to end up in the same file folder? Is the "flash" to be on a SD card? When un-ziped only AML Image has an application.
I've done binary edits that pretty deep on devices, but this angle is new to me.

thanks
Tom

Have you looked at the instructions on the Unbricking thread and the descriptions in the Helpful Links to Get Started with Firmware Development thread? Maybe I need to rewrite them to be more clear? I feel like I might be causing a lot of confusion. Some of the ideas on what the files do are just theory though since Ainol hasn't released any info. I'm going to be updating it with some new finding in a few days.

Also another reminder, don't flash anything yet, if you do you will probably hard brick your device. If it's already a hard brick and won't turn on or has a black screen then you can try and get it recognized by the computer with the AML flash tool software but don't actually run the software and try to flash anything.

Edited by fuser-invent, 07 January 2013 - 01:39 AM.

If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#18 albertetsbd

albertetsbd

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

dont luck for me.... Dont recognize by any PC

This same situation also happened with another model of Ainol (Hero). did not recognize the pc, not turn on ,not light, the same DIED TOTALLY.

Just fix it with a sdcard which contained the original firmware with automl that reconfigure it.in this way I was able to recover my HERO.

I think that the same way for Crystal,are posible but idont know how ...
Thanks and i wait can made something....

Regards

#19 DarkLotus

DarkLotus

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Hold power for 30 seconds/view screen in a dark room. Ensure device really is off.
Plug in usb cable. Turn on. WIth my bricked tablet it appears as the WorldCup Device(m3/m6 chip) at this point.

The main point being that you have to have the usb cable plugged in before turning the tablet on when its a full brick.

#20 fldc

fldc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

So does anyone have a bootloader/recovery dump from one of these devices to share? I pretty much know how to fix this at this point, just nothing good to work with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users