novel 7inch white SH20_20110302_K_PD

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 traumaguy

traumaguy

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

hi new to site i brought a pandigital novel 7 series SH20_20110302_K_PD i want to know if it's possible to hack this one to open for more google apps and for use
more like a tablet i found as it is it is very limited and i have 3 days to return if not happy and possible get a model that i can hack. thanks for help i would check download site but it's under repair, so if there are patches there that someone knows of i will keep

Edited by traumaguy, 04 January 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#2 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,100 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

hi new to site i brought a pandigital novel 7 series SH20_20110302_K_PD i want to know if it's possible to hack this one to open for more google apps and for use
more like a tablet i found as it is it is very limited and i have 3 days to return if not happy and possible get a model that i can hack. thanks for help i would check download site but it's under repair, so if there are patches there that someone knows of i will keep

Hi traumaguy.

SlateDroid's downloads have been offline for quite some time and do not have the FW's anyway. The files you need to hack are usually supplied by the developer in the first post of their mods/roms/fw's.

Your current FW revision is compatible with kewlguy's alternate FW. Have you bothered to read any of the links I posted for you?
here: http://www.slatedroi...post__p__473634
and re-posted in the newbie thread? Here: http://www.slatedroi...700#entry473810

I suggest you learn more before making any alterations to your WPDN.

Good luck and regards,
Mrsburnout
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers ;)

#3 traumaguy

traumaguy

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

sorry i read those posts but still did not find where i get the FW for my white novel, tried a file from media file but when i try to flash i get triangle with
exclamation sign? so when i read these posts do i need to change my SH20 to SH10 to be able to get more apps or does kewlguy have a website where i can get the new FW?
all the posts i read are from last year and say nothing about SH20_2011 files thanks for your help and dont mean to be a bother

#4 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,100 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

sorry i read those posts but still did not find where i get the FW for my white novel, tried a file from media file but when i try to flash i get triangle with
exclamation sign? so when i read these posts do i need to change my SH20 to SH10 to be able to get more apps or does kewlguy have a website where i can get the new FW?
all the posts i read are from last year and say nothing about SH20_2011 files thanks for your help and dont mean to be a bother

Honestly, I am trying to steer you in the right direction. Please read carefully and understand all instructions posted by the developer(s).

If you are getting angry andy, you probably do not have the file in it's zipped format or you have more than one zip file at the root level of your (FAT/FAT32 formatted) SD card. Are you trying to install the alternate FW from your internal or external card?

See the wiki for FW installation instructions.

edit: You will only need to downgrade to S10 FW if you want the old 2010 OS or any of the CWM FW's -- this you want to be careful with because the flash-fix is needed prior. If (after you learn more) you are interested, the thread on how to downgrade is posted in the wiki or guides section.

Edited by mrsburnout, 06 January 2013 - 04:49 PM.
added info

"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers ;)

#5 traumaguy

traumaguy

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

thanks i'm using an external card unzipped the file i got was from mediafire SH20_OPDN_2_10_GAPPS_PD_INX7E_EN downloaded to card did not unzip placed in novel
held up volume button and on button for over 5 sec, screen lights up the i get angry andy? every where i read it points me to file and goes to mediafire, so my question is is there another site for this FW thanks, and do i need to take internal card out before i flash? thanks for your patience

#6 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,100 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

thanks i'm using an external card unzipped the file i got was from mediafire SH20_OPDN_2_10_GAPPS_PD_INX7E_EN downloaded to card did not unzip placed in novel
held up volume button and on button for over 5 sec, screen lights up the i get angry andy? every where i read it points me to file and goes to mediafire, so my question is is there another site for this FW thanks, and do i need to take internal card out before i flash? thanks for your patience

No, that is kewlguy's FW - if you got it from his thread, that is...

The file must remain zipped to install. Do not unzip it when you download it. Look Here: HOWTO: Install Firmware - White PDN

Posted Image ~cheers ;)

#7 motard126

motard126

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

This is a great help. Thanks

#8 traumaguy

traumaguy

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

thank you guys for your patience i'm up and running, i think for some of us newbies we just dont know where to find files? back when i was doing satelite cards we
posted the files at website but now with security issues( the popo) i see that files are usually at a third party site that you need a link to get too, i'm old give me a break but i catching up fast, now i have a question if someone know the answer thanks in advance. i want to change internal memory card in white novel 7, di i need to format just fat32 and replace card or do i need special FW thanks again

#9 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,100 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

thank you guys for your patience i'm up and running, i think for some of us newbies we just dont know where to find files? back when i was doing satelite cards we
posted the files at website but now with security issues( the popo) i see that files are usually at a third party site that you need a link to get too, i'm old give me a break but i catching up fast, now i have a question if someone know the answer thanks in advance. i want to change internal memory card in white novel 7, di i need to format just fat32 and replace card or do i need special FW thanks again

Congratulations! :yahoo: Glad to see you're learning.

Yep ... Just format your new (max 32GB) microSD card to FAT32 and the WPDN will (re)partition at boot.

Be sure to power down the novel (not just stand-by/sleep) before removing the card ;)

Cheers! :drinks:

Posted Image ~cheers ;)

#10 aakaakaak

aakaakaak

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Congratulations! :yahoo: Glad to see you're learning.

Yep ... Just format your new (max 32GB) microSD card to FAT32 and the WPDN will (re)partition at boot.

Be sure to power down the novel (not just stand-by/sleep) before removing the card ;)

Cheers! :drinks:

Keep up the good work MrsBurnout. You're all over these forums spreading knowledge.

Once this is approved I'll have two more posts to be approved so I can possibly ease my noobish frustrations. :D

#11 GhanshyamL

GhanshyamL

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

I had applied this fw sh20_20110302_K_PD_inx7e_eng_6410pop to my White PD Novel, sometime in the past. Now the WIFI has stopped working, meaning it turns on but none seem to be in range. It used to work earlier but was always kind of flaky.

My 8GB SD card, FAT32 formatted and inserted using an adapter many times shows up an unmounted. Did a fix errors on it using PC and then mounted correctly. So flaky there as well.

The keyboard seems to be less responsive and it takes lot of time to boot up.

Has anybody with this fw seen these issues?

Also, what is the next logical fw which I can install?

I am too confused by reading many threads here and do not know which one to choose. Can someone help me choose a better stable fw than this? Google apps support would be great.

#12 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,100 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

I had applied this fw sh20_20110302_K_PD_inx7e_eng_6410pop to my White PD Novel, sometime in the past. Now the WIFI has stopped working, meaning it turns on but none seem to be in range. It used to work earlier but was always kind of flaky.

My 8GB SD card, FAT32 formatted and inserted using an adapter many times shows up an unmounted. Did a fix errors on it using PC and then mounted correctly. So flaky there as well.

The keyboard seems to be less responsive and it takes lot of time to boot up.

Has anybody with this fw seen these issues?

Also, what is the next logical fw which I can install?

I am too confused by reading many threads here and do not know which one to choose. Can someone help me choose a better stable fw than this? Google apps support would be great.

Hi GhanshyamL :hi:

Have you tried a manual re-set via the pinhole at the top of the Novel?
Or a factory data re-set [be sure to back up data/apps first] via menu/settings/privacy?

If a reset does not help, you could try flashing the stock FW again.
If you do not have a copy of your FW, there are mirrors posted in this thread: Link Here

As far as any alterations to your device, any choices you make are yours to live with.
That being said, I would suggest you know how to install FW http://www.slatedroi...ware-white-pdn'>Link Here
and try kewlguy's alternate [stock based] FW: Link Here
If you do try his FW, you won't have to worry about a flash loop, since this is not downgrading.

Useful links posted here: White PDN Owners START HERE

Basic Device instructions posted here: White PDN (SH20 series FW) New Users LOOK HERE

And, as always, the wiki is your friend ;) Introduction to the Pandigital Novel

Good luck, happy reading and welcome to Slatedroid :drinks:

Posted Image ~cheers ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users