• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 BigBilly

BigBilly

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hi,

Has anyone bought and used successfully a generic 5V 2A wall charger with the S2 ?

I bought one recently, so I could have one at each location the tablet was likely to be used at, but despite the one I bought having same rating (5V 2A (aka 2000mha) with a DC 100-240v range) it doesn't seem to charge the tablet.

The user manual does mention to only use the supplied charger (2 pin with a UK adapter) but whats so special about it, anyone know ?

thanks

#2 RadioactiveToy

RadioactiveToy

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Hi it looks like there is a problem with my original pipo s2 charger. When the pin is connected to the charging port, it stops charging during small movements. I figure that it is due to its slightest smaller diameter of the pin. Maybe this is also the reason of your new generic charger. Try to move is a little bit to see if your case is bad circuit connection also.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk 2
  • SCTony likes this

#3 savelau86

savelau86

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

hi all. je souhaite acheter un pipo s2 pour regarder des films, lire sur le web et regarder des films en streaming sur le web. vous qui l'avez, fait-il ces actions correctement? le wifi est bon ? la durée de la batterie est correct ? Merci beaucoup de vos reponse car elles me permettront de finir mon choix : la pipo s2 ou la sanei n86, dont la batterie est moins puissante mais l'ecran ips. Et aussi,je suis vraiment content de lire des utilisateurs de la machine : je cherchais sur les forums et ne trouvais pas de proprietaire... Bonne année a vous !

Moderator edit: Please use English language when posting replies. Thanks.

Google translated:

hi all. I want to buy one for pipo s2 watch movies, read on the web and watch streaming movies on the web. you who makes it these actions properly? wifi is good? the duration of the battery is correct? Thank you very much for your answer because they allow me to finish my choice: pipo n86 s2 or Sanei, whose battery is less powerful but the screen fps. And also, I'm really happy to read the machine users: I was looking on the forums and could not find owner ... Happy New Year to you!

//edit

Edited by mrsburnout, 10 January 2013 - 05:32 PM.
added translation

#4 DLung

DLung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Moderator edit: Please use English language when posting replies. Thanks.

Google translated:

hi all. I want to buy one for pipo s2 watch movies, read on the web and watch streaming movies on the web. you who makes it these actions properly? wifi is good? the duration of the battery is correct? Thank you very much for your answer because they allow me to finish my choice: pipo n86 s2 or Sanei, whose battery is less powerful but the screen fps. And also, I'm really happy to read the machine users: I was looking on the forums and could not find owner ... Happy New Year to you!

//edit

I think the Pipo S2 is an excellent bargain. The screen isn't IPS, but I have no complaints about the image given the price. I got mine from Eternal Team through Aliexpress (yes, I know people have had problems with them but I got mine on time in good condition -- UPS is better than DHL or EMS at my location) and was pleased to see the tablet arrived with English firmware -- usable out of the box. That's probably one reason you don't see custom firmware for it -- what's shipped works fine. I had no problem with downloading all my Google Play apps even though I didn't modify the build.prop file except for changing the location and default time zone. I'm not a gamer so YMMV. No problems with streaming video.

The Rockchip RK3066 provides excellent performance. I rooted mine the harder way using ADB from the Android SDK, because I wanted full control of the process, but there are scripts that will make it easier if you require root and don't want to go that route. Battery life is good -- Pipo claims it has a 5000 mAh battery. I've found it good for a day or two of intermittent use (mostly web browsing and e-reading) per charge.

It would be tough to do better for the price!

...Doug

#5 ALBastru

ALBastru

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

How much did you pay for PiPO S2 from Eternal Team, shipping included? Thanks!

#6 l.v

l.v

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Can anybody show me how is the original charger??

I have a compatible one but not original, and I can't wake up my tablet. I read that I need the original one, I don't know why.

That's really weird