No audio when using HDMI cable

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Murad

Murad

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

I'm using CM10 provided by Christian Troy on this forum on my Hero. When I plug in the HDMI cable it shows picture but no sound. Is there any setting which needs to be done in order to enable sound?

I'm using a HDMI cable and and adapter to convert the normal HDMI to mini HDMI for the tablet.

I've checked the cable and it's working fine on all other devices/laptops

#2 ankit360

ankit360

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Same here even with stock rom

#3 alexandraki

alexandraki

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

same thing for me too. When I plug in the HDMI cable no sound comes neither from the TV nor from the tablet. But with the HDMI plugged I can have sound from the headphones and also from bluetooth speakers.

#4 jeegiz

jeegiz

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

I'm using CM 10.1, and I have HDMI sound with Apollo player, but no sound with mx player, stock player or YouTube. It seems to be configuration issue.

#5 alexandraki

alexandraki

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

Finally no problem with the HDMI audio here. The problem was on my SONY TV which was also connected to the SONY home cinema. So I am getting the video from the TV (HDMI cable) and the audio from the home cinema (stereo jack cable). I am running the stock 1115v2 firmware and all the media players are working and also YouTube and live streaming. I have to tell you that I tested the HDMI connection on an other LG TV and both video and audio are working plug and play.

#6 weezul

weezul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

hasn't worked for me on stock or CM 10. using H/W or S/W decoding on sound and video. Samsung TV...

#7 mmb

mmb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

i've got the same problem.

try this: when you plug in the hdmi cable restart your hero.dont remove the cable when hero is restarting.i wish i could explain.when i do it like this i have sound.

#8 StuartCF68

StuartCF68

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

It does seem to depend on what TV/monitor you're using. With my Panasonic plasma TV, I get video and no sound. However, with a no-name PC monitor with HDMI input I get video *and* audio.

#9 BullMsa

BullMsa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Same here with my Pioneer Plasma from 2009 and my LG LCD from 2008. With CM10 i've got no sound from TV using the HDMI out. With CM10.1 I've got sound when the HDMI switcher application starts, but if i change the resolution to 1080p, the sound is instantly off. Switching back to 720p doesn't change anything. Only a restart of the tablet helped.

With 1207v2 or 1219 firmware the sound works flawlessly, regardless of the selectet resolution. Even on my "old" TV devices.

Sorry for my bad english.