10 replies to this topic

#1 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Locationthe Netherlands

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Android 4.2 V1.0 Firmware is released today for the SmartQ Ten3 T15.

Download Link (SmartQ): http://d2.smartdevic..._V1.0/SmartQT15
Download Link (MediaFire): http://www.mediafire...1kbhgp14tgvvs9c + http://www.mediafire...dpz0pdmvvjh9159

Original Build.prop backup : http://www.mediafire...1g7on9d01ovoryb

Changes and new features:
System upgrade to latest Android4.2.1 version.
Added functionality through gestures to hide and display the status bar.
Adding more starter Options.
Adjust and improve the default factory settings.
The adjusted system interface.
Signature verification mechanism to adjust the firmware upgrade, in order to strengthen the security of the firmware upgrade.
Enhanced the OTA upgrade services and features set.
Upgrade a part of the pre-installed software.

Description:
Firmware upgrade signature verification mechanism to adjust for the first time will be prompted to upgrade the firmware version of the signature verification fails, and prompts the the Install Untrusted Package? "Please choose to continue with the installation, reboot the system after installation to complete the firmware upgrade.

1 Please back up personal data stored in the Ten3.
2 Prepare a sufficient space micro SDcard and confirm that it is formatted as FAT32 file system.
3 After extracting the downloaded firmware file on your PC, find the "SmartQT15" file, copy the file to the root directory of a micro SD card.
4 Make sure the battery is fully charged and the tablet is turned off, insert the micro SDcard, and then hold down the "volume down" key, and then long press the power button until the screen displays the upgrade prompt.
5 The firmware will be automatically upgraded, when the upgrade is complete the Ten3 will restart.

Edited by Sudden Death, 31 December 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#2 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Happy New Year all!

As for the firmware, the description concerns me a little. Hopefully they didn't block the creation of custom firmwares.
I'll post a new post if I created a clean version if this is still possible.

But I'm guessing this has more to do with the way the signed the update package.
More on this.

#3 yoonk

yoonk

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Happy New Year all!

As for the firmware, the description concerns me a little. Hopefully they didn't block the creation of custom firmwares.
I'll post a new post if I created a clean version if this is still possible.

But I'm guessing this has more to do with the way the signed the update package.
More on this.

Happy New Year, and thank you so much Sudden Death for this posting and all your effort for all of us T15 users so far. It's a nice New Year gift, and I'm looking forward to trying your custom firmware soon hopefully.

#4 yoonk

yoonk

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Warning! I installed this new firmware and found it had only two languages only available: Chinese and English. Wanted to go back to previous rom made by Sudden Death, but recovery menu is now changed, and rejected the rom file. If you want to use this rom, it seems to me that you can't come back.

I installed an app called More Locale 2 (Google Play works well), but super user right requested. I haven't tried to root this firmware yet.

Edited by yoonk, 01 January 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#5 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Warning! I installed this new firmware and found it had only two languages only available: Chinese and English. Wanted to go back to previous rom made by Sudden Death, but recovery menu is now changed, and rejected the rom file. If you want to use this rom, it seems to me that you can't come back.

I installed an app called More Locale 2 (Google Play works well), but super user right requested. I haven't tried to root this firmware yet.

Just wanted to warn al people here myself. If you flash the new Firmware your recovery seems to be locked and is in Chinese.
I think it should be still possible to flash custom ROM's as I just did that it will only not update the recovery anymore, seems like it's locked.

Wait before my release and then update to my clean build, this way you keep the german CWM.

The ROM comes pre-rooted so should be no problem using root dependand software.

Edited by Sudden Death, 01 January 2013 - 08:34 AM.

#6 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

So I can confirm that custom ROM's are stil possible.
So I'm working on a clean ROM now, should be done within a couple of hours.
In the mean time don't flash to the original 4.2 v1.0 firmware by SmartQ as this will replace the recovery and the way it looks now there is now way back and you are stuck with a Chinese recovery.

If you did flash the original Firmware (As I did myself), it's still possible to flash my Clean ROM, you will only need to confirm an extra step dirung flashing. And there will be an error saying that some critical file was skipped, this is the recovery I'm guessing.
Everything seems to work as usual. Only some more guessing in the recovery now it's in Chinese.
Keep a look in my Clean ROM section for ROM updates.

#7 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Also noticed there is some very soft clicking sound coming from the speaker every couple of seconds.

Edited by Sudden Death, 01 January 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#8 FAS000

FAS000

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

Hi,

This is my first time to do a firmware upgrade. After extracting the zip archive with WinRAR I could not find a file called "SmartQT15", please help me with that issue.

My current installed firmware is Android 4.0 V4.5, can I directly go to Android 4.2 V1.0?

Thanks,

#9 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Hi,

This is my first time to do a firmware upgrade. After extracting the zip archive with WinRAR I could not find a file called "SmartQT15", please help me with that issue.

My current installed firmware is Android 4.0 V4.5, can I directly go to Android 4.2 V1.0?

Thanks,

You don't have to extract the zip file. SmartQ isn't very strict in the way the present the updates. It depends from time to time.

#10 FAS000

FAS000

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

You don't have to extract the zip file. SmartQ isn't very strict in the way the present the updates. It depends from time to time.

Thank you Sudden Death for replying,

Do you mean I just have to copy the zip file to the SD card then apply it on the Tablet.

Thanks,

Edited by FAS000, 28 January 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#11 Sudden Death

Sudden Death

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

1359376719[/url]' post='543058']
Thank you Sudden Death for replying,

Do you mean I just have to copy the zip file to the SD card then apply it on the Tablet.

Thanks,

Yep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users