• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#1 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Below is a link to a romdump ( http://android.podtwo.com/romdump/ ) of a rooted D70 Pro II. It's my hope someone can use this to build an update.img. This is important for two reasons. First it will allow people to upgrade/restore their device by placing the update.img on the internal "sdcard". This will eliminate the need to have a windows pc available to flash the recovery image. Second the update.img is a required part of getting CWM (ClockWorkMod) onto the tablet so we can do normal backup/restores of the device because it has to reformat the partitions and then reload the information. It needs the update.img to accomplish that task and currently we don't have one.

The backed up rom has the following changes: It's been rooted with supersu added and I've removed the two chinese apps included in /system as well as the google pinyin input method. If you boot up with this rom it will probably still default to chinese language and you will have to navigate to settings, language & input and change the language to english so document the process while it's in english before using the backup.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rgkv82 [ Jellybean 4.1.1 2012-11-01 ( latest version at time of this post from the ICOO website which is in chinese) ]

Thread about getting CWM on rk3066 tablets: http://www.slatedroi...rk3066-tablets/

If you prefer to dump your own rom I've attached the romdump util I used which has a readme.txt inside it which explains how to use it.

*update*
darkrickpr was nice enough to create a version of ClockWorkMod that works on our tablet and lets us flash his "Generick Mod V6" rk3066 rom which is used by several different tablets. Files are linked in this post: http://www.slatedroi...post__p__473878

Attached Files

Edited by FameWolf, 05 January 2013 - 12:48 PM.

• vis likes this

#2 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

do you want me to do a custom rom from it and made it flashable from Cwm? rooted ,cleaned,zipaligned etc
My Allwinner A31 Custom Roms
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
97RQ N90FHDRK U9GT5,VISTURE V97HD
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD RC3 , SKYDIVER , CUBEX ,JELLYCUBE
PIPO MAX M1- AOSON M11 - PIPO U1
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1
CHUWI V99, VIDO N90FHD, Cube U9GTV, VISTURE 4HD RK3066 RETINA ROMS ONLY
DANERICK ROM, LUNATIC, MetroBleach

Check Out my Webpage www.andydarkroom.site90.com

Darkrickpr EASY ADB BATCH TOOL (RELEASED TEST 1 CHECK MY WEBPAGE)
( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

HOW TO INSTALL MY ROMS ON CWM RECOVERY

HOW TO INSTALL CWM RECOVERY ON RK3066 RETINA TABLET VIDEO

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#3 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

do you want me to do a custom rom from it and made it flashable from Cwm? rooted ,cleaned,zipaligned etc

That would be fantastic however currently we don't even have CWM on the tablet...just the original recovery as the procedure to flash CWM to rk3066 tablets requires an "update.img" to be placed in one of the folders as part of the instructions. Let me know if I can help/test as at least now I'm very familiar with how to restore the tablet if things go south. ;)

I guess I should ask for other people whether you can first produce a "generic" update.img people can use to restore back to in the event they have issues before modifying to much?

Edited by FameWolf, 01 January 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#4 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

well we could try and test cwm on it if you want to help me. first do you have an official firmware or link for this tablet not the rom dump still is missing a files need i will need to extrack it from the official firmware.
  • vis likes this
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

( Is your Tablet STUCK in BOOT animation, your volume key wont help you get to CWM or Bootloader. You don't know how to use adb shell commands. Then this it the tool you will need

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#5 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

well we could try and test cwm on it if you want to help me. first do you have an official firmware or link for this tablet not the rom dump still is missing a files need i will need to extrack it from the official firmware.

The factory image is at http://soft.aoicoo.c...show.asp?id=285

In the event your chinese is not so good and that google translate is not clear enough the link I downloaded was: http://soft.aoicoo.c...downid=3&id=323 which is the first link under "下载地址" which means "Download". They don't like hotlinking so you may HAVE to go to the page first then click on the link.

Edited by FameWolf, 01 January 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#6 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

try this on you d70 using the included RKANDROID TOOL put you tablet in bootloader mode or flash mode then download this file http://www.mediafire...2ebpfy8wocl8k7d and extract it and flash just the misc and recovery uncheck parameter,boot,kernel,system and press flash rom tablet will reboot and if everything goes nice you should be on cwm recovery if that works then we can continue.

EDIT:the RKANDROID TOOL have a button called reboot to flashmode that will get your tablet rebooted to bootloader mode.

Edited by darkrickpr, 01 January 2013 - 10:29 PM.

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#7 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

try this on you d70 using the included RKANDROID TOOL put you tablet in bootloader mode or flash mode then download this file http://www.mediafire...2ebpfy8wocl8k7d and extract it and flash just the misc and recovery uncheck parameter,boot,kernel,system and press flash rom tablet will reboot and if everything goes nice you should be on cwm recovery if that works then we can continue.

EDIT:the RKANDROID TOOL have a button called reboot to flashmode that will get your tablet rebooted to bootloader mode.

First Report:

It boots into CWM however the following issues were noted:
Vol + and - work backwards from what I would expect for clicking forward and backward.
Navigating to the sdcard seems to be pointing to the physical sdcard which is fine I suppose but the "internal" sdcard which is 5.9gb is not available.
*most important* Exiting CWM and attempting to reboot back to the rom results in being brought back into CWM and not the rom. (perhaps it needs the parameter file)

*update* I decided since I was in it to do a system backup...after the backup I attempted to "reboot" from in cwm again and it worked fine....I rebooted then went into Rom Toolbox Pro and told it to "reboot recovery" and it went back into CWM just fine....I then did a reboot from in CWM AGAIN and it worked fine again so apparently it only glitches once on initial run....the other issues still apply...when I did the backup it did say something about no /sdcard/.android_secure being found so "external storage" was ignored.

Should I attempt a "restore" ?

Edited by FameWolf, 01 January 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#8 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

yep maybe would need the parameter i'm downloading the stock firmware but is so slow will post it soon. i have to get to bed right now but continew checking i will try the rom first on my Pipo u1 that i use as a tester cooker tablet since it have touchscreen issue and thats why i use it for. :rolleyes:

edit:
since your running cwm you can run my other rk3066 roms like the cubex jb and generick 6 JB it should run fine remenber to wipe data factory reset and format/system(advance and mount via cwm

Edited by darkrickpr, 01 January 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#9 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I updated my post same time as your post so you might want to recheck info. Thanks...at least the tablet has CWM now. ;)

Looking forward to your mod that removes vol up/down from the nav bar as in landscape it overlays the notification area. *I did some reading up on some of your other roms to get an idea what changes you make*

Edited by FameWolf, 01 January 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#10 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

uploading rom
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#11 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

http://www.mediafire...97nb7fkbcwa837d cwm installer complete with boot.img kernel.img parameter misc just missing the system.img im uploading the rom but will have to wait because it very late here and need to wake up early will let the pc uploading the rom and send you the link soon.
  • vis likes this
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#12 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?97nb7fkbcwa837d cwm installer complete with boot.img kernel.img parameter misc just missing the system.img im uploading the rom but will have to wait because it very late here and need to wake up early will let the pc uploading the rom and send you the link soon.

Night. I'm not sure what the new CWM package you sent gives me over what I already installed or was it for others to use?

CWM restore also works fine as I tested by altering default wallpaper then restoring from previously made backup.

Edited by FameWolf, 02 January 2013 - 12:55 AM.

#13 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Cwm installer I made is for any icoo d70 pro2. it have all the file needed and complete if you erase nand idb. Please try to do a complete nand backup and test my Rom generick v6 on your tablet and let me know

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2
Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#14 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Cwm installer I made is for any icoo d70 pro2. it have all the file needed and complete if you erase nand idb. Please try to do a complete nand backup and test my Rom generick v6 on your tablet and let me know

Already made a backup...are you referring to flashing the Pipo U1 generic v6 or do you have a new one for me to use? You mentioned something about uploading a system.img but i didn't see a link or new thread in forum.

I know the framework's between them are not compatible because I tried flashing the volume remove mod and it killed the navbar until I replaced the original file. This tablet also is 1024x600 so 200 dpi is probably going to be to big.

Edited by FameWolf, 02 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#15 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Yes generick v6.zip flash it via cwm remember to wipe data factory and /system

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#16 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Yes generick v6.zip flash it via cwm remember to wipe data factory and /system

Will flash it shortly...doing a 2nd backup just to catch a few last minute changes. I did notice that in Rom Toolbox Pro none of the backups are viewable since they are looking at internal 8GB (5.9GB free) and CWM backs up to physical sd.....there is an app called Directory Bind on XDA that can be used to bind the clockwordmod dir from external_sd to sdcard...might be something you wanna consider including. I noticed you emulate the GT-I9100 for apps....will tablet specific apps still install?

#17 darkrickpr

darkrickpr

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

I use nexus 7 as spoof for market

Nextway F9X
JENOVA ROM
My Rk3188 Custom Roms
Glass ROM
Aoson M33
Mist ROM
Aishon A97 7.9inch
Custom Rom
My RK3066 Custom Roms
CUBE U20GT
GENERICK MOD v7
ICOO - D70PROII
Darkwater v2
PLOYER MOMO8 SPEED IPS
VINCENT ROM V1

Buy Me A Beer CLICK HERE

#18 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Ok...it's up and running on the new rom which I see says it's a Nexus 7 as opposed to docs which stated samsung S II.....one issue I have is that in landscape none of the apps have names under them but in portrait they do...see attached photo's. *switching to novalauncher fixed this so seems to be an issue with hololauncher and I did notice google play has an updated version* I tried wifi and attaching my google account....both worked fine. The bootup animation did glitch at one point but thats rather minor.

Oh and notice CWM has "install zip from internal storage" options as opposed to sdcard so would have access to both storage areas. For those of us who removed screenshot from nav bar...is there any chance you could add it as option under power button menu? *I was able to find vol - and power still does a screenshot but it's ackward on this tablet* If you go into "about tablet" and click on "Rockchip system updated" settings will force close. Have you considered using "Goo Manager" to allow over the air downloading and alerts when a new version is available? Have you looked at Go Launcher HD? Have you considered allowing 2GB of app space as opposed to 1GB? This would require altering the cwm flash.

Is there a way to only remove screenshot from portrait but not from landscape since it has plenty of room?

Are you tired of my questions yet? ;)

Great work!

Attached Files

Edited by FameWolf, 02 January 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#19 BitTourist

BitTourist

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

I just got my d70 pro ii today. It seems to have fw dated 20121217. Icons are still messed up when rotated. Can i offer some kind of a assistance. Romdump maybe?

Battery usage was about 70% when getting to know the device for 2 hours playing games, watching youtube, surffing etc fiddling(screen brightness low).

#20 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I just got my d70 pro ii today. It seems to have fw dated 20121217. Icons are still messed up when rotated. Can i offer some kind of a assistance. Romdump maybe?

Battery usage was about 70% when getting to know the device for 2 hours playing games, watching youtube, surfing etc fiddling(screen brightness low).

Is it still Jellybean 4.1.1? Not sure there is much to add.....darkrickpr provided a package which will flash clockworkmod to your tablet so you can make backups and restore here: http://www.mediafire...97nb7fkbcwa837d

His "Generick V6" rom is a "universal rk3066" rom and doesn't have the icon issues...it's also rooted with all chinese stuff removed.....it can be flashed via CWM after it's installed...details and download here: http://www.slatedroi...pipo-u1max-m11/

It also spoofs itself as a "nexus 7" to market so compatibility of apps should not be an issue.

--
You might attach a screenshot of the screen in settings, about.....to take a screenshot you press the Vol - and the Power button at the same time then release...you should see the screenshot and it's stored on the internal storage in /sdcard/Pictures/Screenshots or something close....which you could attach to your post.

Edited by FameWolf, 04 January 2013 - 04:53 PM.