Top Notch Tablets - Ployer Momo 7 Dual Core - Firmware Release 3b

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Well I was finally able to root my momo7 using the zhuodashi tool. Took me 4 attempts before it was successful :( Now that I have been using the momo7 more I am, however, noticing some minor touch issues. Now that I know I can root this if I can learn how to spoof the build I think I am going to flash to the latest Ployer firmware and just root and spoof it myself. Other then spoofing I am not seeing the point to having a custom ROM. It is nice to have the bloatware removed but once rooted I can do that on my own.

Sir Jaxxy

#22 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

Roman could have modified firmware using rk29xx wendal's tools and it is very simple to use..
http://www.slatedroi...imagetools-v21/
If we put su and superuser.apk into system.img (Using winimage or linux) it could get rooted. But not sure what he has done with fixing permissions. I am planning to try comparing both images side by side & why touch goes wrong.

#23 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

To bad it is not simple enough for someone as skilless as me LOL. Makes me wish I had paid more attention in my programming classes years ago. I have been a professional web designer now since 1995 but I still couldn't program my way out of a paper bag. Thank god for freelancers, lol.

I was able to unpack the Ployer firmware just fine. But that is as far as I got. How do I get into the unpacked .img files? I normally use PowerISO to open .img and .bat files but it wont open these :( I am assuming that once they are open it is just a matter of removing/replacing the files/aps/.apk that you don't want in the ROM and adding the ones you do. Correct? Man I never planed on having to learn all this just to be able to use a tablet.

I am just hoping it will be worth the effort. I love the screen and size/feel of the Momo7 but I am still not sure I don't have a bad unit. It has been charging now for over 24 hours and I am sitting at only 99% charged. The supplier I purchased from is telling me I can send it back but that means I am out another $35-$50 to ship it back to China. At this point I am regretting not having paid the extra $45 upfront and buying from Roman/TnT!

Does anyone know if the Momo7 Speed is the same dimensions as the Momo7 Talent? Their is someone on the Talent thread that is looking to put a larger battery into their Momo7 Talent and if it works he will have some extra batteries for sale. I am thinking if his battery will fit into my Momo7 Speed/Duel Core (or whatever it is they are calling it) then I might solve my charging issue that way. If not I might just wait for the Momo19 or Momo20 as I think I would prefer a 10". Though I am not to sure about the Allwinner A31 chip. Who knows might just buy a Momo12 from Roman but I am hearing the same touch and battery issues on those as I am having on this one :(

Sir Jaxxy

#24 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

I was able to unpack the Ployer firmware just fine. But that is as far as I got. How do I get into the unpacked .img files? I normally use PowerISO to open .img and .bat files but it wont open these :( I am assuming that once they are open it is just a matter of removing/replacing the files/aps/.apk that you don't want in the ROM and adding the ones you do. Correct? Man I never planed on having to learn all this just to be able to use a tablet.

Sir Jaxxy

Hi, To mount the system.img inside windows two tools are needed.
1. ext 2 ifs driver (http://www.fs-driver.org/download.html)
2. After installing above, Gizmo drive (http://arainia.com/s...o/download.html ) can mount the img like virtual drive.
we can modify anything in there.

I would like to make full tutorial once I finished successful.

#25 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Makes me wish I had paid more attention in my programming classes years ago. I have been a professional web designer now since 1995 but I still couldn't program my way out of a paper bag. Thank god for freelancers, lol.

Not real programing needed, just some tinkering, hacking possible. some advance user may compile and all other stuff etc :rolleyes:

#26 EvilB

EvilB

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Any thoughts on doing a custom mod for the momo7 talent ?

#27 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Roman, Eagerly we waiting for ur next release.. TNT 1 is great. if you could solve TNT 3rd root issues it will be great :good:

#28 daddyo

daddyo

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

Any thoughts on doing a custom mod for the momo7 talent ?

I guess you knew up front that this firmware will not work with the Talent? Unfortunately I didn't realize it, installed it, and consequently soft bricked my talent. :-(
I just got it working again by downloading and restoring the stock "Daren, Talent" firmware from the Ployer website using rktools.

Have you found a custom firmware for the Talent yet?

For anyone else who does what I did and installs this firmware in their Talent. You will know you messed up because the screen will show 2 small Ployer logos. One on each side of the screen.
  • creative dude likes this

#29 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Dear all...

Sorry, I was in India... :) so I haven't stayed on top of things... HOWEVER here are some things you may be interested to know...

1. I re-released this firmware as 3b (will be updating the FIRST post shortly) and I fixed the root issue. Sorry about that. File permissions on "su" were wrong. Anyhow, you can go back to the site and get it now if you want.

2. I started a new website http://www.rockchipfirmware.com and the reason I mention it is that there was some discussion of firmware creation up top, well, this site is a knowledge dump to help new devs get started :)... lots of video tutorials to help even the most noobish of us all (we all start somewhere) and that includes things like, getting Linux setup in a virtual machine so you can avoid doing some things in windows that are best kept for Linux (trust me, I know from painful experience). Also, it is a big firmware repository, I am uploading stock firmware images as well as all my custom stuff. If you make something custom and want to host in there, ask me and we can do it :). I have lots more to learn still as well so if you have helpful thoughts regarding firmware modification feel free to share!

3. I am committed to making some firmware for the Momo 7 Talent, I am not sure how soon that will happen but there ya' go... it is coming and thou art not forgotten! I don't own the device and probably won't be selling it however I am wanting to branch my firmware modding out a bit. Adsense pays better and more easily than retail lol so I am working on ways to increase site traffic on websites I own (and therefore adsense clicks) vs. selling more tablets. That being said, our retail side will be around for quite some time regardless as it is still something I enjoy doing.

Cheers!

Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 08 February 2013 - 03:01 PM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#30 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Does this mean that Gameloft games will run on JB firmware? Asphalt 7 was working on my N80 with ICS but not with JB. With JB, it has a non-stop loop at the license check.

PS, your list of firmware changes & mods look really great!!!

YES - That gameloft fix (as far as I know) actually ONLY fixes Asphalt 7 lol... Credit goes to Christian troy. He figured out the issue and I bugged him to help me figure out how to fix it. Now I try to apply the fix to all the RK3066 JB firmware I mod. I don't have as much time for games as I used to unfortunately but from what I noticed it ONLY seems to affect/fix Asphault 7 but a fix is a fix so might as well apply it.

Regards, and thanks btw :)

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#31 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I don't wish to be rude but there doesn't seem to be a "touch sleep" issue with the original firmware that came with my sons momo7 ips - how far are we away from a version that has working touch screen ?

Not rude at all and I wish someone else could offer some thoughts. I know exactly what I am changing when I do firmware modding and nothing that I am aware of should affect the touch control.

HOWEVER - I noticed that in the stock firmware the touch issue did NOT seem to be present, then once the tablet was updated to my firmware it IS present. Go figure... So something I am changing may in fact be affecting touch sleep (or perhaps it is something else all together).

Currently my Momo 7 is rather busted (shattered touch panel) and I am waiting on parts from China to fix it so it will be several weeks before I can investigate further.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#32 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Good release and website sir. The files in your firmware very useful for modding. Sad to know your momo7 shattered.

#33 hudd

hudd

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Not rude at all and I wish someone else could offer some thoughts. I know exactly what I am changing when I do firmware modding and nothing that I am aware of should affect the touch control.

HOWEVER - I noticed that in the stock firmware the touch issue did NOT seem to be present, then once the tablet was updated to my firmware it IS present. Go figure... So something I am changing may in fact be affecting touch sleep (or perhaps it is something else all together).

Currently my Momo 7 is rather busted (shattered touch panel) and I am waiting on parts from China to fix it so it will be several weeks before I can investigate further.

Regards,

Roman

Hi Roman, I got the same shattered touch panel problem..mind to share how u fix it..tq

Edited by hudd, 27 February 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#34 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hi Roman, I got the same shattered touch panel problem..mind to share how u fix it..tq

I am getting parts from my supplier. They aren't here yet. New Touch panel. Have to dis-assemble the tablet though :(. I did this and am waiting to see if I can get it back together again with the new parts :).

-Roman

-Ayn Rand

#35 w_n_s

w_n_s

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Roman, I just emailed you about this, but I figured I would also post it here.

I bought a momo ployer 7 dual core IPS from an amazon seller. They are selling them under the brand name NATPC . I have tried both theirs and your firmware. With your release 3b firmware I get the double tap issue. i.e. If you haven't touched the screen in around 5 - 10 seconds, the next tap is not registered. It is quite annoying.

Funnily though, with the following firmware, I do not get that double tap issue :

http://www.natpcandr...e/X2/X2-IPS.img

It might be possible for you to track down the reason for the double tap issue. It could be a setting with regards to the touchscreen or it could be a variation in hardware used between tablets. The fact that I get the issue with your image, but not the above image, means it might be more easily tracked down.

#36 Richdroid

Richdroid

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Roman, I just emailed you about this, but I figured I would also post it here.

I bought a momo ployer 7 dual core IPS from an amazon seller. They are selling them under the brand name NATPC . I have tried both theirs and your firmware. With your release 3b firmware I get the double tap issue. i.e. If you haven't touched the screen in around 5 - 10 seconds, the next tap is not registered. It is quite annoying.

Funnily though, with the following firmware, I do not get that double tap issue :

http://www.natpcandr...e/X2/X2-IPS.img

It might be possible for you to track down the reason for the double tap issue. It could be a setting with regards to the touchscreen or it could be a variation in hardware used between tablets. The fact that I get the issue with your image, but not the above image, means it might be more easily tracked down.

Have you tried the 3c release ? (a few posts down), would be interesting to see some feedback on it, it works fine for me.

#37 w_n_s

w_n_s

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

Have you tried the 3c release ? (a few posts down), would be interesting to see some feedback on it, it works fine for me.

I can't find the download img. Its not listed on the rockchipfirmware website.

#38 creative dude

creative dude

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

I am getting parts from my supplier. They aren't here yet. New Touch panel. Have to dis-assemble the tablet though :(. I did this and am waiting to see if I can get it back together again with the new parts :).

-Roman

I got mine broken as well, disassembled and removed glass pieces. :( Now can't find which touchscreen will be compatible. any links where to order please

#39 Sir Jaxxy

Sir Jaxxy

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

Are you actually using 3c? If so can you post the link to it? All that is listed on both rockchipfirmware.com and topnotchtablets.com is 3b.

#40 BaNe Machine

BaNe Machine

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

MOMO7 ROOTED + FIXED ROM
I HAD THEM MAKE THIS FOR US, CUSTOM. SO I WANTED TO SHARE IT.

http://url.cn/HqDdoP
  • karmantyu likes this